Page 759 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2596597097497557567577587597607617627637698098591259 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading the Shadowland event chronologically and doesn't mind flipping the pages to and fro in the Omnibus, below is a reading order of the issues. If it's too much hassle, I believe it's at least worthwhile to slot in the one shots (Bullseye, Elektra, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider), whereas the remaining mini-series can be read at the end as some issues can overlap/merge and have spoilers if read before the "main" issues.

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil
    Shadowland #1
    Shadowland: Bullseye #1
    Shadowland: Elektra #1
    Daredevil #508
    Daredevil #509
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #1
    Shadowland #2
    Shadowland #3
    Shadowland: Spider-Man #1
    Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #2
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #1
    Shadowland: Power Man #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #1
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #3
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #4
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #1
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #2
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #3
    Thunderbolts #148
    Thunderbolts #149
    Daredevil #510
    Shadowland: Power Man #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #4
    Shadowland #4
    Daredevil #511
    Shadowland #5
    Daredevil #512
    Shadowland: After The Fall #1
    Daredevil: Reborn #1-4
    Thanks for putting this together. I read through issue # 510 and then started on the mini-series. Wow, most of them are awful. Ha ha. Looking forward to getting back to the DD stuff.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Thanks for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks for putting this together. I read through issue # 510 and then started on the mini-series. Wow, most of them are awful. Ha ha. Looking forward to getting back to the DD stuff.
    You're welcome fellas. Some of the miniseries weren't too hot. I especially didn't take to Thunderbolts and Moon Knight seemed to leave certain questions/issues unanswered but I can't quite recall the details. I put my order in yesterday from IST, so I'll probably receive mine sometime late March and start to sell off the smaller collected editions I have.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Yeah, pretty much anybody following the Bendis/Brubaker runs was doomed to criticism before they even started.
    Yes, the bar was set very high. Getting to write Daredevil when he suddenly takes on leadership of the Hand and justifying it is no easy feat.

Spectacular Member

I am moving and that means the dreaded reorganization of my collected editions. They had really gotten into horrible sort. This has been over due for a while. But I am left with a couple of conclusions--

1) I have been insane in the amount I have been buying since 2010. I have not discriminated much at all. Its been clinical OCD/horders style stuff. I have decided to eliminate most new TPB's from 2010 on. I don't even read the new stuff anymore. IF I want something I'll get it in digital. I will keep collecting hardcovers and omnibuses cause I enjoy them and select trade paper backs from prior to 2010 collecting large amounts of issues or storylines. I am eliminating any non DC or marvel books just off the top. I'll read those in digital or if they are any good they will be collected in hardcover at some point.

2) Marvel's treatment of its X-men line since 2010 has been negligent. Between the relaunches and the renaming of different titles, there is no obvious lineal progression thru their books. It is really spectacular how poorly managed they have been. No cohesion, unpopular storylines going on forever, major character assassinations of seminal characters, neverending spinoffs. They ought to be class action sued.

Thanks for letting me announce this change... I know you were all on the edge of your seats awaiting my repriotization. I really do need to prune what I already got too. That's the next task.
    trying to be nicer

Spectacular Member

Why can't collections list what issues are collected in the descriptions! So difficult trying to figure out what I have when the books keep changing on me.

I have the first Punisher Omnibus and the first five Max OHC's with volume six having been in my wishlist for years. I just discovered that Aaron omnibus was released. I'm guessing it completes the later half of the Max series, but I can't see anymore Max volumes? I have no clue how they have been released and whether or not they are still going. I just visit my collections periodically and then decide I want something...

Also if the West Coast Avengers Omnibus were to go volume 3, would it include Byrne's run that almost looks like it is a volume 2.5? How did the Spiderman and X-men do that with the artist vs title runs? I don't really follow these collections and releases that close.

Another example is my Daredevil run, I think I have it all, but it's been awhile. OHC #1-3, Bendis vol #2 & Brubaker vol #1 & #2. I missed it the first time round and found those OS's pretty cheap at the time. Not too swayed to complete the omnibus set, as I actually prefer the oversized. They are infinitely nicer to read.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Why can't collections list what issues are collected in the descriptions! So difficult trying to figure out what I have when the books keep changing on me.

I have the first Punisher Omnibus and the first five Max OHC's with volume six having been in my wishlist for years. I just discovered that Aaron omnibus was released. I'm guessing it completes the later half of the Max series, but I can't see anymore Max volumes? I have no clue how they have been released and whether or not they are still going. I just visit my collections periodically and then decide I want something...

Also if the West Coast Avengers Omnibus were to go volume 3, would it include Byrne's run that almost looks like it is a volume 2.5? How did the Spiderman and X-men do that with the artist vs title runs? I don't really follow these collections and releases that close.
    There definitely won't be a WCA Omnibus Vol. 3. The Byrne Avengers Omnibus was in effect Vol. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Another example is my Daredevil run, I think I have it all, but it's been awhile. OHC #1-3, Bendis vol #2 & Brubaker vol #1 & #2. I missed it the first time round and found those OS's pretty cheap at the time. Not too swayed to complete the omnibus set, as I actually prefer the oversized. They are infinitely nicer to read.
    If you don't have the Bendis Daredevil Omnibus Vol.1 and only have the OHCs Vol. 1-3, you will unfortunately be missing issues #56-60 as they appear in Vol. 4. It's unfortunately a little messy that way. You will need to obtain either the OHC Vol. 4 or the relevant TPB.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Be nice if Marvel finally does the Miracleman Omnibus by Moore and etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    what the point if they are going to use crappy colors they used in hc's?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    what the point if they are going to use crappy colors they used in hc's?
    Do you prefer the original black and white with no color?

I agree I would very much like a Moore Miracle Man omnibus do not care if it is black and white or color material is perfect for a one shot omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Do you prefer the original black and white with no color?
    Guess so. I'm not defending Eclipse colors and agree with Sarrah Horrocs at some points: "That said, I don’t think the re-coloring effectively addresses the weaknesses of the original Miracleman page, more I think that it just replaces them with other weaknessess."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Guess so. I'm not defending Eclipse colors and agree with Sarrah Horrocs at some points: "That said, I don’t think the re-coloring effectively addresses the weaknesses of the original Miracleman page, more I think that it just replaces them with other weaknessess."
    Of the options of 1. Original B&W 2. The Eclipse coloring job 3. The Marvel coloring job overseen by the original artist, I pick option 3. I don't have the problem that a lot of people have with the remastered coloring on reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Of the options of 1. Original B&W 2. The Eclipse coloring job 3. The Marvel coloring job overseen by the original artist, I pick option 3. I don't have the problem that a lot of people have with the remastered coloring on reprints.
    I will take any coloring at this point. Ideally I'd have the Omnibus include the run twice with at least 2 of the 3 coloring options, but that just won't happen probably, so I just want any coloring in an Omnibus.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The funny thing, to me, is I no longer even want this book. I pined for a Miracleman omnibus for years after they obtained the rights. Collected and sold all the single issues while waiting, imagined it up on my shelf with other long-awaited books. They really dropped the ball with Miracleman, in general.

Eventually, I got over it. I began to cherish other stories above it. Don't get me wrong, it's a spectacular comic, deserving of an omnibus. Just personally, I've moved on and the sale is lost.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 02-15-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Eventually, I got over it. I began to cherish other stories above it. Don't get me wrong, it's a spectacular comic, deserving of an omnibus. Just personally, I've moved on and the sale is lost.
    I die hard when it comes to "getting over it." I kinda figured Marvel would take forever on Omnibusing it.

Captured last two white whale omnibus from marvel grabbed Astonishing X-Men and Iron Fist omnibus. Iron Fist was a hard one to go for well the content is great it is a lot of money for a smaller omnibus.