Page 118 of 865 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 12974

Default Pictures That Tick vol. 2 Ltd. Edition HC by Dave McKean

Here's a video of Pictures That Tick vol. 2 by Dave McKean.

Looking good! I have a copy on order at Archonia since it wasn't available on cheapcomics at the time. It still says "waiting for product" 2 weeks later, I hope the order will come through

First: Congratulations James with the new arrival

Then:
    Got a fairly ridiculous amount of books this week. A bunch of Moebius books I was missing turned up at a local auction and I got a bad case of "Gotta Catch 'em all"

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Congrats Weeks! Both arrived unharmed I hope
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    My purchases this week. Some eurocomics and also got a huge order from cheap-comics. Also check out my packaging experience with them in the other thread.
    i think sanctum looks great, looking forward to reading that. i want unfabulous five as well.

and thanks to all the rest for your well wishes! everything with the little guy has been great so far!
    Last edited by James; 07-26-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Got a fairly ridiculous amount of books this week. A bunch of Moebius books I was missing turned up at a local auction and I got a bad case of "Gotta Catch 'em all"
    omg, what a marvelous haul! you gotta stop doing that, you making me jealous
    I can't imagine what you payed for that, especially Transeforme

All-New Member

First: Congratulations James with the new arrival

Then:

The small red book in the lower right corner. Could you tell me what is it?

The more I see pics and posts about The Incal, the more I want to get into them. Can someone post the order in which to purchase the deluxe editions and/or link a blog or resource that does. Also, which editions would be best - I'm assuming the deluxe editions? Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    Mockba (meaning Moscow i guess) published by Stardom 1990, a collection of some moebius works, some previews here

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Mockba (meaning Moscow i guess) published by Stardom 1990, a collection of some moebius works, some previews here
    Yes, your meaning is correct. And thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    omg, what a marvelous haul! you gotta stop doing that, you making me jealous
    I can't imagine what you payed for that, especially Transeforme
    I try not to think about what I payed for it too much or I'd hang my head in shame, although I got a pretty good deal for it
    Once I had it in my hands I forgot all about that though; this book is absolutely beautiful. It has an excellent overview of his career, with extracts from a lot of the later work which are all printed on the same paper that they were published initially. I contains quite of lot of stuff I hadn't seen before, and I have quite a few of his artbooks. My favourite paper/artwork combo is the morphing sequence that's on the right-side pages of "Le Bandard Fou". which is published in it's entirety on a sort of translucent red paper. It looks astonishing!

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    Maeda was correct. It's a reproduction of the sketchbook drawings Moebius did when stayed in Moscow for a while in the late 90's. It's full of really great illustrations most of which haven't been republished since.
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 07-26-2014 at 11:21 PM.

All-New Member

Maeda was correct. It's a reproduction of the sketchbook drawings Moebius did when stayed in Moscow for a while in the late 90's. It's full of really great illustrations most of which haven't been republished since.
    Thanks. Never knew about it.

Fantastic Member

I don't sure it's the right thread for such questions, but: I'll be on a vacation in August travelling through the south of France; so does anybody know if there is a cool comic book stores in Provence? Thanks.

Fantastic Member

@aaltomuoto
    Wow, where did you find this Moscow book from Moebius? I've seen it only few times for more then $1000 on eBay.
    Last edited by Roland1580; 07-27-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Hey I was looking at picking up bouncer : one armed gun slinger (humanoids) was wondering if anyone knew if there are any books that come before this one. Ive seen a couple on amazon in hardcover (cains eye and executioners mercy) and I dont want to accidentally double dip. Thanks guys