View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1054 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5455495410041044105010511052105310541055105610571058106411041154 ... LastLast
Results 15,796 to 15,810 of 21671
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    WILDC.A.T.S #1-13 and CYBERFORCE #1-3 is the original run drawn/plotted by Lee w/ Silvestri crossover so that constitutes a complete story. However, bear in mind that a) Lee was mostly making it up as he went along so it's more accurate to say that it's an unbroken run rather than an overarching story with a beginning, middle & end; and b) Lee's art is extremely pin-up oriented at this time - I'd only buy this if you want to see loads of Jim Lee splash pages in Absolute format. Storywise, the good stuff begins with James Robinson's run in WILDC.A.T.S #15.

The remaining few issues in this collection are random Wildcats issues drawn by Lee in subsequent years so some won't make much sense by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd rather see it collected in omnibus form for archival reasons - more bang for the buck since the story/plotting is a bit lacking.
    Thank you both for the replies. I think I'll pass on the absolute in hopes of it being collected in omnibus form at some point. Hopefully we will see more of the Wildstorm stuff getting nice hardcover collections in the near future.

Incredible Member

How do the Rebirth OHC's look? I'm thinking of picking up Tom King's batman run in Deluxe format, but wanted to make sure the build was good. Can anyone point me to pictures?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    How do the Rebirth OHC's look? I'm thinking of picking up Tom King's batman run in Deluxe format, but wanted to make sure the build was good. Can anyone point me to pictures?
    I dont have pictures but I have a few including Tom Kings Batman. Build quality is great. I was impressed with how good they were. Nice printed cover, good sewn binding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by epyon3245234 View Post
    Is anyone planning on picking up the Absolute Wildcats? I vaguely remember these comics from when I was a kid and I love Jim Lee's artwork, but does this book tell a complete story? What are my fellow collector's opinions? Any input would be appreciated.
    This may be the only Absolute I pass on, i love the format and I love the Wildstorm universe just not the early stuff, now if they absoluted Wildcats 3.0 I’d be over it like a nasty rash

I've picked up 8 at this point and all are fantastic. I believe there are some pictures on Amazon for reviews of the first Action Comics and Flash hardcovers which represent the books nicely. They're great: good paper, some nice extras, good binding and some printed art under the dust jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    This may be the only Absolute I pass on, i love the format and I love the Wildstorm universe just not the early stuff, now if they absoluted Wildcats 3.0 I’d be over it like a nasty rash
    I’d pick up the Moore run and Wildcats 2 and 3.

They're beautiful. Like one guy said, I posted some pictures of Action Comics Deluxe and Flash Deluxe to the Amazon listings, but here's a couple more:

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    They're beautiful
    That they are. I love the paper quality and colors. Absolutely beautiful.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I have bad news for fans who are waiting for the Super Sons Rebirth Deluxe Edition----it won't be out until 2035 (I may lose interest by then )

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401281133...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I have bad news for fans who are waiting for the Super Sons Rebirth Deluxe Edition----it won't be out until 2035 (I may lose interest by then )

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401281133...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Ahh, what a shame... maybe they'll re-solicit it to collect the whole 16-issue run, considering when this was first listed, we didn't know it was going to end so soon.

While looking at that, I did find this: https://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-R...BT2TXV0FSTDTBY

If they actually release this, I'll be so happy. Green Arrow was probably the series I wanted most in deluxe and it might happen! Perhaps they're doing this as Green Arrow is wrapping up at #38, which would make 3 solid hardcovers. Gives me more hope for a future Super Sons complete collection.

I just want Aquaman, but it got cancelled Anybody heard of it being out again?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    They're beautiful. Like one guy said, I posted some pictures of Action Comics Deluxe and Flash Deluxe to the Amazon listings, but here's a couple more:

Ahh, I loved your photos/reviews! When I saw them initially, I pulled the trigger and bought the first few that DC put out. I was always hoping you’d do more or that maybe you had a blog or something. How would you rank the deluxes in terms of the stories inside?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    How would you rank the deluxes in terms of the stories inside?
    Not OP, but I have most of the Rebirth deluxes (minus HQ and JLA) and would rank them as follows:

Tier 1 (Highly recommend)
    Wonder Woman
    Action Comics

Tier 2 (Good, not great)
    Batman
    Superman
    Detective Comics

Tier 3 (Some highs, some lows, mostly meh)
    Nightwing
    Flash

Tier 4 (stay far away)
    Suicide Squad
    Justice League
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-11-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Ahh, I loved your photos/reviews! When I saw them initially, I pulled the trigger and bought the first few that DC put out. I was always hoping you’d do more or that maybe you had a blog or something. How would you rank the deluxes in terms of the stories inside?
    Thanks! There's an omnibus collectors Facebook group that I often post pictures on, but no blog or anything.

For me the best ones are Detective Comics, Nightwing, Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman. Good to very good are Batman (occasionally excellent but it's more mixed quality than the ones I've already listed) and Action Comics. Meh ones are Justice League of America and Suicide Squad. But even they aren't terrible, and I've heard they've gotten better since the material in the first deluxe volumes.

Haven't bought Justice League or Harley Quinn.

Just finished V.2 of Aquaman rebirth. Real shame there's no DLX edition. It reads far better as a whole story. and its EXCELLENT. Really loving it.