Page 796 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867927937947957967977987998008068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 20773

I used to have every Omnibus and now I sell them off if the material is available in Epic Collection.

The Epics sometimes have more/bonus issues than the Omnis and are MUCH easier to flip through for me. Id rather hold it in my hands than have to lay it flat on a desk.

And if I can grab two Epics for like $35+ and sell an Omni for $100-200, it just funds other purchases.

Plus Epics are evergreen, so no worries about OOP and high prices.

The Marvel Knights Joe Quesada is at 720 pages and is also priced at $100. If it was $75 and with first week discount, I would be prepared to pull the trigger even though I have the majority of the stuff in OHC already. That's what being a Daredevil completionist and Omnibus fan does to you
    $77.13 on Amazon. This will be in the bargain bins, too for like $37-44, I'm sure.

Daredevil #12 by Joe Quesada & Jimmy Palmiotti was NOT included in my Daredevil vol.1 OHC which reprints DD #1-11, 13-15 and #1/2. It's included in this set but no way I'm double dipping. I've heard that Daredevil: Father #1-6 is a poor story, so this will be a pass.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 04-07-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I used to have every Omnibus and now I sell them off if the material is available in Epic Collection.

The Epics sometimes have more/bonus issues than the Omnis and are MUCH easier to flip through for me. Id rather hold it in my hands than have to lay it flat on a desk.

And if I can grab two Epics for like $35+ and sell an Omni for $100-200, it just funds other purchases.

Plus Epics are evergreen, so no worries about OOP and high prices.

$77.13 on Amazon. This will be in the bargain bins, too for like $37-44, I'm sure.

Daredevil #12 by Joe Quesada & Jimmy Palmiotti was NOT included in my Daredevil vol.1 OHC which reprints DD #1-11, 13-15 and #1/2. It's included in this set but no way I'm double dipping. I've heard that Daredevil: Father #1-6 is a poor story, so this will be a pass.
    I just collect in various formats depending on what it is. I prefer omnibus' primarily for the page size. I have my limits for how big they can get. Those 1500 page volumes coming I will be passing on. Thats just too big. I passed on the Invisibles (bought the 4 deluxes) and Doom Patrol by Morrison (got the trades) The 700-800" page omnis are my enjoyable point. They arent hard to read (if they have good binding). The batman and robin omnibus has bad tight binding. I am loving it. I would be done it by now if not for the size/binding. In comparison, i just started Thor 3 which has beautiful binding.

All-New Member

I only really buy hardcovers those epic collections are good but soft covers just don't last with me they get destroyed by the time i finish read them.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    The 700-800" page omnis are my enjoyable point.
    That’s my sweet-spot as well. I like more material, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I

It will most likely be $50 on release week from IST. Let's hope they give it a 55% or 60% discount as they do with certain Omnibuses.

My Daredevil (1998) Vol. 1 OHC is the second printing and includes DD #12.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    That’s my sweet-spot as well. I like more material, but sometimes it gets out of hand.
    I wonder if someday we will see some 2000 page monster. I mean, we are getting close aren't we? Near 1600 pages or so! I think my recent breaking points have been Fourth World and Batman and Robin. I love the material from both books but find myself wanting to read something else when I want to pick something up. Its not really all the size. Its the tight binding which makes it worse. I will be holding off on bigger books until I can see videos/pics of the book open.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I have the B&R Omnibus and I just patted the pages down before reading and it's fine tbh.
    Well I guess I will say its not unreadable. It's just not as good as any other DC omnbus' I've bought. Maybe I need to break it in a little more. On the other side of things, I am really loving the material. It was a bit of a blind buy. I kept reading positive things on it. I'm glad I picked it up. I'm almost enjoying it more than Snyders Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It will most likely be $50 on release week from IST. Let's hope they give it a 55% or 60% discount as they do with certain Omnibuses.

My Daredevil (1998) Vol. 1 OHC is the second printing and includes DD #12.
    Yes the second printing was the way to go - it included issue 12 and the 1/2 issue. I think that was missing from the first print as well but I’m not positive. I expect the new omnibus to hit the bargain bin at some point. It’s too much double dipping and the Father storyline was readable but nothing outstanding.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those of you who may not know, Tigereyes is carrying out his Yearly Most Wanted Omnibus Ballot. Full details here

Marvel’s been pumping out a lot of Bendis stuff lately.... I’d like to see a “Spider-Woman by Bendis” complete collection.... I don’t have either of the old trades.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you who may not know, Tigereyes is carrying out his Yearly Most Wanted Omnibus Ballot. Full details here
    Got my votes in - Looking forward to results!!!

For those Punisher MAX fans out there, I nominated a final Companion Omnibus to sit between the Ennis and Aaron volumes and collect the remaining material:
    Punisher MAX Companion Omnibus:
    Punisher MAX #61-75, Untold Tales of the Punisher MAX #1-5, Punisher MAX: Naked Kill, Punisher MAX: Get Castle, Punisher MAX: Butterfly, Punisher MAX: Happy Ending, Punisher MAX: Hot Rods of Death, Punisher MAX: Tiny Ugly World, Platoon #1-6

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Marvel’s been pumping out a lot of Bendis stuff lately.... I’d like to see a “Spider-Woman by Bendis” complete collection.... I don’t have either of the old trades.
    Still no news of these:

Guardians of the Galaxy (Bendis vol 2 & post bendis ): Black Vortex (Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1, Guardians of the Galaxy (vol. 3) #24–25, Legendary Star-Lord #9–11, All-New X-Men #38–39, Guardians Team-Up #2, Nova (vol. 5) #28, Cyclops (vol. 3) #12, Captain Marvel (vol. 8) #14, Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega #1) + (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 4 #1-19; Guardians Team-Up #1-10, Star-Lord & Kitty Pride #1-3, Generation Next #1 and Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega'; Rocket Raccoon Vol. 2 #1-11, Groot #1-6, Rocket Raccoon & Groot #1-10, Guardians of Infinity #1-8)

and is it "that time of the year" allready? (6th ANNUAL SECRET BALLOT voting time?)
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah okay, grahamgg was talking about the Artist select ones. Artist editions (other publishers call them Gallery editions) are reprints of the original pages, inked but not colored, high resolution scans on the same type of paper the artist used and in most cases in the same size (so the books are huge). They really feel like someone bound the original art pages into a book. Every smudge, erased line, whiteout fluid is visible.
    There are also Artifact editions which are basically the same but they collect select pages from runs and not full issues.
    Also IDW never includes digital lettering on their pages so if it's a never series like the Mignola AEs that were lettered digitally they don't have any text in them. In case of older books the lettering was done by hand so the book is fully readable.
    This website has a ton of reviews and pics:
    https://aeindex.org/category/reviews/
    Yes, I was talking about the IDW Artist Select Edition HCs. They are very, very cool. Print runs are limited, normally like 999 copies I think. The Trimpe Hulk one only had 679 copies as he died before he'd autographed all the plates.

Here's a little more info. For anyone on the fence, give 'em a try ... you won't be disappointed!

http://idwlimited.com/product-catego...select-series/