Page 501 of 598 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And have to have a constant CGI arm in its place? Not sure if CW is willing to fork up that much money.
    Nah. Just wear long sleeves and a glove- no money on CGI! Though honestly, I never want them to refer to anything from Cry For Justice. That was a travesty.

Astonishing Member

Roy coming back is somewhat odd given he and Thea seemed purposefully written out for good now. Does his return mean Thea's coming back too in some temporary form (unlikely) or will this be Roy doing his own things again secretly? I can't imagine it being easy for his return in universe. I mean he's a wanted man especially given his civilian self was outed as the Hood.

And yeah. The writers clearly had no idea folks would realize how dumb the split between Team Arrow and the Newbies looked on paper. It's not familiarity that's making anyone side with Team Arrow over how dumb the Newbies are acting.

At least with Diggle we the viewers actually understand his frustration and understand he's not in the best state of mind. The Newbies haven't been around long enough for their dumb or otherwise clearly dumb seeming actions to not look as bad as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Roy coming back is somewhat odd given he and Thea seemed purposefully written out for good now. Does his return mean Thea's coming back too in some temporary form (unlikely) or will this be Roy doing his own things again secretly? I can't imagine it being easy for his return in universe. I mean he's a wanted man especially given his civilian self was outed as the Hood.

And yeah. The writers clearly had no idea folks would realize how dumb the split between Team Arrow and the Newbies looked on paper. It's not familiarity that's making anyone side with Team Arrow over how dumb the Newbies are acting.

At least with Diggle we the viewers actually understand his frustration and understand he's not in the best state of mind. The Newbies haven't been around long enough for their dumb or otherwise clearly dumb seeming actions to not look as bad as they are.
    The newbies haven't been around long enough to HAVE an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    Here is a story bound to make some happy: http://tvline.com/2018/04/09/arrow-s...s-regular-roy/
    I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I mean, Roy got another "drive off into the sunset ending" only this time he had Thea in tow and was going off on adventures with her and Nyssa. And now suddenly he's heading back to Star City again.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, and I'd be happy to have him back and going out in the field with Oliver again...but I'm not sure how I feel about narratively and what this could mean for Thea.

I guess one positive is seeing Roy acclimate to all the changes that have happened since he left, like Laurel's death, the newbies, etc. And him being a regular means he's likely going to be part of next year's crossover (maybe he'll finally meet Wally?).
    And, apparently the producers know how we feel, only not really: http://tvline.com/2018/04/08/arrow-s...line-reaction/
    People enjoy conflict between heroes when it's well-written.

The conflict and "Civil War" between the two Team Arrow's has been anything but.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps Roy is badly injured, like loses an arm, and Thea sends him to Oliver to recuperate rather better than he can while on the road with her and Nyssa and Roy gets the new arm and then rejoins them at the end of the season or something like that...just don't want he and Thea to break up...though if they did then maybe they could do the Cheshire storyline with their kid...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Perhaps Roy is badly injured, like loses an arm, and Thea sends him to Oliver to recuperate rather better than he can while on the road with her and Nyssa and Roy gets the new arm and then rejoins them at the end of the season or something like that...just don't want he and Thea to break up...though if they did then maybe they could do the Cheshire storyline with their kid...
    Roy having suddenly having a kid is too similar to Oliver having a kid. Plus I want Cheshire established as a character to make the two of them having a kid be more. Impactful.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Or Thea dumped him and got with Nyssa

Ultimate Member

True, but then that would just make that episode where they left mean nothing...as for the Cheshire storyline I didn't mean that he'd just show up with a kid but that if Roy isn't with Thea during the season then Cheshire could show up and one thing leads to another...if Roy sticks around for more than one season it could happen...

True, but then that would just make that episode where they left mean nothing...as for the Cheshire storyline I didn't mean that he'd just show up with a kid but that if Roy isn't with Thea during the season then Cheshire could show up and one thing leads to another...if Roy sticks around for more than one season it could happen...
    My only thought is that at the end of the season, Oliver reveals to the world that he is the Green Arrow (he has said that something will happen in the finale that can't be undone, and it feels like it's time). Oliver gets off due to a Presidential Pardon. But now everyone knows for sure that he is the G.A., so Thea asks Roy to go back to Star City and help protect his family while she and Nyssa continue to destroy the Lazarus Pits. Hopefully then they can get Willa back for some guest spots during the year, and everyone can be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or Thea dumped him and got with Nyssa
    Thea getting with her brother's ex-wife? They'll probably end up on the Arrowverse equivalent of Jerry Springer

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

Well Nyssa already has been with Oliver's ex-girlfriend Sara so...

My only thought is that at the end of the season, Oliver reveals to the world that he is the Green Arrow (he has said that something will happen in the finale that can't be undone, and it feels like it's time). Oliver gets off due to a Presidential Pardon. But now everyone knows for sure that he is the G.A., so Thea asks Roy to go back to Star City and help protect his family while she and Nyssa continue to destroy the Lazarus Pits. Hopefully then they can get Willa back for some guest spots during the year, and everyone can be happy.
    I'm actually kind of curious how Oliver would be able to operate with a public identity given how often the SCPD comes after the Green Arrow and it would also potentially compromise his entire mayoral career and Team Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of curious how Oliver would be able to operate with a public identity given how often the SCPD comes after the Green Arrow and it would also potentially compromise his entire mayoral career and Team Arrow.
    Considering the SCPD are now only the corrupt ones, there could be some serious policy changes ahead.

I was hoping...I was REALLY hoping...that Diggle's erratic behavior was some kind of after-effect from his drug use or something. I can understand his frustration at the demotion, but he and Oliver never should've come to blows like that. He has always treated Oliver's "trail of bodies" as his own and wouldn't call him a terrible leader this late in the game (even if he did, in hindsight mind you, think spying on their teammates was a bad idea). Oliver makes calls, but he almost always listens to Diggle's input. And how is Samantha or Vince's death Oliver's fault? Maybe he has selective memory too just like NTA, but the whole thing with Vince would've gone perfectly if everyone went in on Oliver's plan.

On the plus side, things are working out for Curtis. It was a little random that Nick instantly knew Curtis was a vigilante just because he was wearing what at first glance appeared to be a bullet proof vest, but it was a good time for him to find out anyway.

Diggle went low first in mentioning Samantha. And I think he's chaffing because for several weeks HE led the team, and ever since Oliver came back the team has evaporated. That being said, I'm still firmly behind Oliver's decisions and feel that Diggle drank the same stupid juice that Dinah, Curtis, and Wild Dog drank. And even though he's working with his wife, I still think it's kind of weird that a man with Diggle's moral center would think that working for ARGUS is better than working with Oliver.
    Since Lyla took charge, ARGUS hasn't been as bad. And as she points out, it was Team Arrow that broke into her facility to cooperate with a terrorist (even Team Flash did something similar behind her back). Given what we know about Argus in the future from Legends of Tomorrow, though, I am kind of wondering.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

so are they doing an offscreen break up or are we going to deal with scenes where Roy is getting off the phone and is all "Thea says hi, she and Nyssa are on South America, blah blah"