Page 797 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2976977477877937947957967977987998008018078478971297 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 20769

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Got my votes in - Looking forward to results!!!

For those Punisher MAX fans out there, I nominated a final Companion Omnibus to sit between the Ennis and Aaron volumes and collect the remaining material:
    Punisher MAX Companion Omnibus:
    Punisher MAX #61-75, Untold Tales of the Punisher MAX #1-5, Punisher MAX: Naked Kill, Punisher MAX: Get Castle, Punisher MAX: Butterfly, Punisher MAX: Happy Ending, Punisher MAX: Hot Rods of Death, Punisher MAX: Tiny Ugly World, Platoon #1-6
    I emailed my Omnibus ballot this morning. Besides the usual choices like Incredible Hulk by PAD, Rom, Conan, etc I also voted for Spectacular Spider-Man by Peter David. That's a nice run that has never gotten much attention, aside from the Death of Jean Dewolff arc, for whatever reason. It would be nice to have it all in one volume.

Also voted for a Thanos Classic Omnibus, which covers all his early appearances up thru the 1990 rebirth in Silver Surfer, the SS issues up thru Infinity Gauntlet then closing out with Infinity Gauntlet 1-6. Honestly, it would be pretty easy to pull this together. All (or most of) it has been reprinted the last several years, just scattered across various books.

Lastly, I voted for a Marvel Tales Omnibus (or you could call it Marvel Super-Heroes Omnibus) ... basically do what they did for Classic X-Men, just for Marvel's other long running classic reprint titles like Marvel Tales (Spidey reprints), Marvel's Greatest Comics (FF reprints), Marvel Super-Heroes (Hulk reprints), Marvel Super Action (Cap & Avengers reprints). Ideally the Omnibus would include covers, new back up strips, new or retouched art pages, house ads, bonus content, etc. I would buy that in a heartbeat. I really dig that Classic X-Men Omnibus and it would be awesome to see other series get that same director's cut style treatment.

Spectacular Member

From Omnibud's Cafe on Facebook a link to the Marvel Hachette listings (no PDF yet?):

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4275866&page=1

From what I recall nothing new from the Amazon fish (not 100 % but at least not for the X books).

Still no listing for issues in All New All Different X Factor Epic and Claremont's End of History X trade.

AND (despite the danger of sounding like a broken record): we are missing another X-Force Epic. None the whole year, that is a terrible sign. I am really considering to buy floppies pretty soon.
    Last edited by poolovision; 04-09-2018 at 01:06 PM.

I find it strange how we do not have an Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus collecting anything from 2000 on.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I emailed my Omnibus ballot this morning. Besides the usual choices like Incredible Hulk by PAD, Rom, Conan, etc I also voted for Spectacular Spider-Man by Peter David. That's a nice run that has never gotten much attention, aside from the Death of Jean Dewolff arc, for whatever reason. It would be nice to have it all in one volume.

Thanks for the idea/reminder. I'll put this on my top 10 (probably top 5) list. Some early Peter David that was still great and still stands the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I find it strange how we do not have an Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus collecting anything from 2000 on.
    More like 1992 but yeah, I feel your pain.

Out of the two omni’s, weapons x the return and Wolverine goes to hell, which would you recommend? (bearing in mind the only marvel stuff I haven’t sold on are the Daredevil omni’s)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Out of the two omni’s, weapons x the return and Wolverine goes to hell, which would you recommend? (bearing in mind the only marvel stuff I haven’t sold on are the Daredevil omni’s)
    That's gonna be a tough one. Did you read the first Aaron Omni? I do not think it is necessary but it should add to the bigger picture because of some of the longer-running politlines which were built up for quiet some time. The storyline is pretty heavy with references to Wolverine's past and pretty action driven. It also has the Schism series, which is probably not a great read on its own. The main series is pretty violent (which I like a lot) and many questions about how far can one go when it comes to Revenge? I liked Aaron's run for the most part.

Weapon X Return Omnibus: I read half the material in it (Wolverine issues and Deadpool ones, the mini series Days of and some one shots). Well it is early 2000s comics with a lot of characters who shined in the 90s: I expect it to be great because the 90s are my era and this should have a lot of violence, underrated / obscure X characters, body armor, Marverick and I like some of Tieri's work.

Not sure if you would fall for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    That's gonna be a tough one. Did you read the first Aaron Omni? I do not think it is necessary but it should add to the bigger picture because of some of the longer-running politlines which were built up for quiet some time. The storyline is pretty heavy with references to Wolverine's past and pretty action driven. It also has the Schism series, which is probably not a great read on its own. The main series is pretty violent (which I like a lot) and many questions about how far can one go when it comes to Revenge? I liked Aaron's run for the most part.

Weapon X Return Omnibus: I read half the material in it (Wolverine issues and Deadpool ones, the mini series Days of and some one shots). Well it is early 2000s comics with a lot of characters who shined in the 90s: I expect it to be great because the 90s are my era and this should have a lot of violence, underrated / obscure X characters, body armor, Marverick and I like some of Tieri's work.

Not sure if you would fall for that though.
    Thanks for the info, I had the first Aaron omni and sold it, so that probably answers your first question, and by the sounds of it the weapons x may not be my cup of tea either, and as I have a tendency to buy books in haste and end up selling them pretty soon afterwards at a loss, I think it makes sense to give these two a miss

Mighty Member

It kind of makes sense - there are four real options, right? JMS, BND, Big Time, or Mackie's relaunch. I don't think Mackie's run is particularly heralded (I've never read it), JMS's is inextricably tied to OMD and the marriage, and BND is currently receiving Ultimate Collections (a bit more than half way through). I could see Big Time being the first of those runs to get omnibus-ed, but I think they'll wait until Slott's run is over in comic, tpb, and OHC form first.

Mackie's run was 29 issues (plus at least one crossover issue involving the Sinister Six). JMS's was over 80, plus The Other and OMD. BND was around 100. Big Time is around 60 - I would guess the latter three would all be 2-3 volume sets if they ever get made.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It kind of makes sense - there are four real options, right? JMS, BND, Big Time, or Mackie's relaunch. I don't think Mackie's run is particularly heralded (I've never read it), JMS's is inextricably tied to OMD and the marriage, and BND is currently receiving Ultimate Collections (a bit more than half way through).
    I recently read the entire Mackie run and it is pretty boring and bad in general. IMO this material is a "last resort" kind of thing, once they run out of literally anything else Spidey related...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is curious why nothing is collected in Omni from here. At least up through Civil War.

More like 1992 but yeah, I feel your pain.
    There are 2 Clone Saga volumes('94-'96ish), even if they are not your preference.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is curious why nothing is collected in Omni from here. At least up through Civil War.

There are 2 Clone Saga volumes('94-'96ish), even if they are not your preference.
    Also Untold Tales of SM by Busiek was 95-97ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

You're right! 1996 not 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Also Untold Tales of SM by Busiek was 95-97ish.
    I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.

Late 90s Spidey has been so weirdly collected in m opinion. There were some pretty good stories immediately post-Clone Saga which have never seen the light of day outside of floppies except for a few crossovers (Spider-Hunt/Identity Crisis ... pretty good story, Gathering of the Five ... not so great, etc). I'm thinking of the return of Doc Ock, some of the JM DeMatties Spectacular stuff with Kraven's son & the Chameleon, even some of the "street level" stuff that Mackie was doing in Peter Parker. All of it is readable and I'd like to have it back on my shelf. I sold most of my single issues years ago when my collection was too large & unmanageable and I was in downsizing mode.

Actually, thinking out loud, this entire era 96-99 is pretty sparse in total from Marvel in the collections department except for some X-Men and the Heroes Return Avengers titles. Hulk is mostly uncollected here, Spidey as mentioned above, FF by Claremont has never been collected, etc. I wonder if it has to do with them not having the files nowadays and the difficulties with doing good high quality scans?

You're right! 1996 not 1992.

I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.

Late 90s Spidey has been so weirdly collected in m opinion. There were some pretty good stories immediately post-Clone Saga which have never seen the light of day outside of floppies except for a few crossovers (Spider-Hunt/Identity Crisis ... pretty good story, Gathering of the Five ... not so great, etc). I'm thinking of the return of Doc Ock, some of the JM DeMatties Spectacular stuff with Kraven's son & the Chameleon, even some of the "street level" stuff that Mackie was doing in Peter Parker. All of it is readable and I'd like to have it back on my shelf. I sold most of my single issues years ago when my collection was too large & unmanageable and I was in downsizing mode.

Actually, thinking out loud, this entire era 96-99 is pretty sparse in total from Marvel in the collections department except for some X-Men and the Heroes Return Avengers titles. Hulk is mostly uncollected here, Spidey as mentioned above, FF by Claremont has never been collected, etc. I wonder if it has to do with them not having the files nowadays and the difficulties with doing good high quality scans?
    Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

There is also an omni to be made of the material between clone saga and Mackie’s relaunch.

I think it criminal that the first half of JMS’ run ( the Romita Jr issues ) is not an Omnibus. It’s perfect in terms of length and kind of has an ending there.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

There is also an omni to be made of the material between clone saga and Mackie’s relaunch.

I think it criminal that the first half of JMS’ run ( the Romita Jr issues ) is not an Omnibus. It’s perfect in terms of length and kind of has an ending there.
    We did get those 5 Best of Spider-Man OHCs. Granted not Omnibus, but oversized for sure.