Page 798 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2986987487887947957967977987998008018028088488981298 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 20771

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    We did get those 5 Best of Spider-Man OHCs. Granted not Omnibus, but oversized for sure.
    True but my anal nature can’t cope with the fact that their is other material besides JMS’

Mighty Member

Depending on what they'd choose to do w/Maximum Carnage (I'd suggest skipping it), there's a solid 43 issue run (ASM 351-393 + 3 crossover issues for Pursuit) to take us from the end of the Larsen omni to the start of the first Clone Saga omnibus. There's also the much-hoped-for DeMatteis Spectacular Spider-man collection - he did 23 consecutive issues (178-200) before Maximum Carnage, then there are a smattering of writers to take the title up to the Clone Sage (204-216; you could omit 211 as it's part of Pursuit) - that'd be 35 issues total, which is a nice-sized omnibus (if probably a bit unlikely). Not sure if Spider-man (post McFarlane) or Web of have any overarching stories to justify an omni.

I'm waiting on them to decide to produce a few titles from just before this era - Tombstone v2 (SSM 150-163 or higher - I think Conway went through 172), ASM Epic Collection 16 (Gang War, Sinister Syndicate), Owl-Octopus War (SSM 72-79) in some form or another, and a Macendale Hobgoblin collection of some kind (Name of the Rose, Hobgoblin Reborn, Beware the Rage of a Desperate Man) - yes, that last one is a pipedream.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    You're right! 1996 not 1992.

I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

Ah my bad.

I'd like to see the gap between Stern and issue # 298 filled.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Depending on what they'd choose to do w/Maximum Carnage (I'd suggest skipping it), there's a solid 43 issue run (ASM 351-393 + 3 crossover issues for Pursuit) to take us from the end of the Larsen omni to the start of the first Clone Saga omnibus. There's also the much-hoped-for DeMatteis Spectacular Spider-man collection - he did 23 consecutive issues (178-200) before Maximum Carnage, then there are a smattering of writers to take the title up to the Clone Sage (204-216; you could omit 211 as it's part of Pursuit) - that'd be 35 issues total, which is a nice-sized omnibus (if probably a bit unlikely). Not sure if Spider-man (post McFarlane) or Web of have any overarching stories to justify an omni.

I'm waiting on them to decide to produce a few titles from just before this era - Tombstone v2 (SSM 150-163 or higher - I think Conway went through 172), ASM Epic Collection 16 (Gang War, Sinister Syndicate), Owl-Octopus War (SSM 72-79) in some form or another, and a Macendale Hobgoblin collection of some kind (Name of the Rose, Hobgoblin Reborn, Beware the Rage of a Desperate Man) - yes, that last one is a pipedream.

If I was putting an omni out for in between the Larsen and clone saga omni’ i would do this.

Amazing Spider-Man By Michelinie & Bagley

Collecting ASM 351 to 388 and the eleven issues of maximum carnage that are not the three ASM ones.

This way we are getting the final part of Michelinie’s run, with Max Carnage in there.

The issues of ASM spider man remaining are 389 to 393. These are by JMD so get an Omni together of his Spidey works. A bit like the Larsen Omni. And there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah my bad.

Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.

So the upcoming venom omnibus collecting the mini-series how are they? I have not read any of them before.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

If I was putting an omni out for in between the Larsen and clone saga omni’ i would do this.

Amazing Spider-Man By Michelinie & Bagley

Collecting ASM 351 to 388 and the eleven issues of maximum carnage that are not the three ASM ones.

This way we are getting the final part of Michelinie’s run, with Max Carnage in there.

The issues of ASM spider man remaining are 389 to 393. These are by JMD so get an Omni together of his Spidey works. A bit like the Larsen Omni. And there we go.
    That would be ideal but it will be a pretty heavy Omnibus with 49 or so issues. Like I said ideal and one which I would prefer OR alternatively cut out the 3 Maximum Carnage ASM issues and not include the other 11 issues but include #389-393 and that will give us 40 or so issues. In addition, we would have to pick up the Spider-Man Venom Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That would be ideal but it will be a pretty heavy Omnibus with 49 or so issues. Like I said ideal and one which I would prefer OR alternatively cut out the 3 Maximum Carnage ASM issues and not include the other 11 issues but include #389-393 and that will give us 40 or so issues. In addition, we would have to pick up the Spider-Man Venom Omnibus.
    Yeah. That could be the route to take. You would have to include the Pursuit cross over issues though.

Personally I’d prefer it the way I listed. It is a nice end to Micheline’s run.

My overal goal is, based on the hope that they see print, to have all masterworks up to the clone saga and then all Omnibus beyond that.

Mighty Member

Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.
    This just sounds depressing lol. 10 YEARS to properly collect these issues smh

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah my bad.

Based on what's in the equivalent Epic Collections, the space between the Roger Stern and McFarlane Omnibii looks to be something like:

ASM 253-295 (maybe worth reprinting 252 since it is the start of the Alien Costume story)
    ASM Annual 18-21
    Spider-man vs Wolverine
    Web of Spider-man 1,6, 29-33
    Spectacular Spider-man 131-133
    54 regular sized issues + 5 longer ones seems pretty big for one omni - maybe split it into 2 and put more of the Alien Costume content from MTU and SSM in it?

I've been wanting an Alien Costume Saga omni for a while. It's on my most wanted list every year. The ASM issues alone are 252-263 I think. Just put the contents of the two complete collections together and it's right at 1000 pages.

I find it strange how we do not have an Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus collecting anything from 2000 on.
    I've always found it odd that nothing from Slott has gotten the omni treatment. Seems like it would be easy enough to see a couple of omnibuses from Big Time to Superior Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've always found it odd that nothing from Slott has gotten the omni treatment. Seems like it would be easy enough to see a couple of omnibuses from Big Time to Superior Spider-man.
    I think that now Slott’s run is at an end, we shall see some Omni’s of His Spidey. Personally I would do a 4 Vol set of all his stuff. Ie Spider-Man By Dan Slott Vol 1 to 4

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - March 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

24. Avengers Omnibus Vol. 3 - 1,855
    36. Annihilation Vol. 1: The Complete Collection - 1,511
    54. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2: Clone Wars - 1,127
    59. Master of Kung Fu Epic Collection Vol. 1: Weapon of the Soul - 1,054
    64. X-Men Blue Vol. 0: Reunion TPB - 997
    65. Spider-Man/Deadpool By Joe Kelly & Ed McGuinness OHC - 987
    66. Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-In-One HC Vol. 3 - 986
    69. Moon Knight By Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev OHC - 972
    74. Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 21: The Collection Obsession - 952
    77. Daredevil By Mark Waid & Chris Samnee Omnibus Vol. 2 - 910
    79. X-Men Gold Vol. 0: Homecoming TPB - 904
    88. Marvel Masterworks: Ka-Zar HC Vol. 2 - 874
    98. Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 13: Blood Debt - 823
    99. Captain Marve: Carol Danvers - The Ms. Marvel Years Vol. 1 TPB - 816
    106. Deadpool By Posehn & Duggan Vol. 2: The Complete Collection - 759
    114. The Sentry TPB - 698
    123. Deadpool Minibus Vol. 0 - 638
    126. Cloak and Dagger: Runaways and Reversals TPB - 626
    148. Infinity Gauntlet Box HC Slipcase Set - 530
    197. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl OHC Vol. 3 - 395

Impressive figure for the Avengers Vol. 3 Omnibus (1,855) but way below par for the Deadpool Vol. 0 Minibus (638), Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 3 OHC (395!) and many otehr collected editions. I wonder if the recent $0.99 Amazon/Comixology sale on trade collections has something to do with it. In general, sales have been steadily decreasing over the last year or so.

DC's Omnibus sales for March:
    Kamandi By Jack Kirby Omnibus – 942; Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 891

Yeah. That could be the route to take. You would have to include the Pursuit cross over issues though.

Personally I’d prefer it the way I listed. It is a nice end to Micheline’s run.

My overal goal is, based on the hope that they see print, to have all masterworks up to the clone saga and then all Omnibus beyond that.
    Ah yes, that would be another 3 issues for the Pursuit crossover.

I'm quite happy to collect the Masterworks up to Roger Stern's run, which will most likely be MMW: ASM Vol. 21.