Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I've been reading the books and I'm on the 4th book now. The first three are amazing.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying them!

For my money, the 4th book was the weakest of the bunch. I think you'll see why as you get through it. But the series definitely goes to a new level with 5.

Edit: Also, book 7, Persepolis Rising, apparently releases next week. Glad your post made me go check. Going to have to make time for that bad boy.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Wow, so there IS a thread for this???

Ultimate Member

When does this come back? Anyone know?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Glad to hear you're enjoying them!

For my money, the 4th book was the weakest of the bunch. I think you'll see why as you get through it. But the series definitely goes to a new level with 5.

Edit: Also, book 7, Persepolis Rising, apparently releases next week. Glad your post made me go check. Going to have to make time for that bad boy.
    I'm going to put this in spoilers just in case:

spoilers:
    I'm on chapter 9 or 10 and so far, I'm less than thrilled with these new characters. I just don't feel any emotional attachment to them like I did the characters in the first three books. Also, Holden and crew don't seem to be the main focus, which is disappointing. AND, I want to read a LOT more of Bobbie. She's one of my favorite characters and I was super ticked she wasn't in the 3rd book.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Wow, so there IS a thread for this???
    Oh yeah. I've been posting about this show. It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When does this come back? Anyone know?
    It hasn't been reported yet, but my guess is sometime in the summer of 2018
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It hasn't been reported yet, but my guess is sometime in the summer of 2018
    Why so late??

Why so late??
    That's just my guess. The reason I think that it's going to be next summer is because we haven't heard anything about the release date yet, so spring would seem too early.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hey ZeroBG82, book question for you. Like I said, I'm currently on Cibola Burn, the 4th book

spoilers:
    Right after chapter 22, on page 228 during the "Interlude: The Investigator", it says "Some become tools, and it uses the tools to reach out, except not there". Emphasis is not mine, but in the book. What do you think it is talking about in regards to there?
    end of spoilers

Hey ZeroBG82, never mind. I got my answer by reading the rest of the book. I'm now on the next book in the series, Nemesis Games

Mighty Member

Hey ZeroBG82, never mind. I got my answer by reading the rest of the book. I'm now on the next book in the series, Nemesis Games
    Didn't see your question until just now, but glad you found your answer.

Also, enjoy. Nemesis Games is my favorite book in the series by far.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Didn't see your question until just now, but glad you found your answer.

Also, enjoy. Nemesis Games is my favorite book in the series by far.
    That's good news! I felt like Cibloa Burn was my least favorite so far. Bobbie and Avasarala were hardly in it, and I like those two characters.

Man that episode went by fast, good episode but a weak premier ep imo.

Man that episode went by fast, good episode but a weak premier ep imo.
    It did go fast. I love this show. It's as amazing as the books are. The scene with Bobbie in her power suit was really cool. I don't like how they made Naomi look like a bad person. They really changed that aspect from the books. In this episode they even made her look selfish and heartless when everyone wanted to go find Prax's daughter but she didn't. I didn't like that. But the highlights for the season look incredible. I just wonder how much they will be able to cram into this season.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

It did go fast. I love this show. It's as amazing as the books are. The scene with Bobbie in her power suit was really cool. I don't like how they made Naomi look like a bad person. They really changed that aspect from the books. In this episode they even made her look selfish and heartless when everyone wanted to go find Prax's daughter but she didn't. I didn't like that. But the highlights for the season look incredible. I just wonder how much they will be able to cram into this season.
    I was just about to ask about how Naomi is in the books. Cause in the show she's kinda flaky, and tends to sabotage the group. It's something i see writers do all the time with characters in a protagonist group. Particularly when it comes to female characters and POC....yeah i went there lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I was just about to ask about how Naomi is in the books. Cause in the show she's kinda flaky, and tends to sabotage the group. It's something i see writers do all the time with characters in a protagonist group. Particularly when it comes to female characters and POC....yeah i went there lol
    I fail to see how she's sabotaged the group, minus the zero molecule.

Causing tension is something everyone in the group has to do at one time or another. Now is just Naomi's turn :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    In the books she is extremely loyal to the group.