Page 53 of 782 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "So you were a saiyan..." P-Sta noted, feeling a bit stupid that he hadn't noticed earlier. "That...makes a bit more sense."

He turned to Sarada. "Y'know when I first joined the Galaxy Police, the Saiyans were among the biggest terrors upon the universe...." he stated before remembering Sarada's comments about wiping the Junjo from existance. "...mostly. But, Enoki is a legend among the GP!" P-Stat stated, turning to Enoki with a salute.

"I assume such strength is in her bloodline!" He stated, giving Sarada a thumbs up. "But about that whole....eradicating all the hate Junjo thing..."
    Sarada scowled. "What about it? Face it, lawman. These ******* are asking for it."

To her, it was simple. They had killed Saiyans after picking several of them up for enslavement. They had done the same to her. They had hurt Ishtar and Jack. Those reasons were more than enough to wipe them out.

"If we don't, they'll just keep killing, just keep selling people into slavery, and keep making a profit off others' misery and pair
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack walked towards the mass of energy, running lines over and over in his head.

Just got to bite the bullet and be honest, Jack thought repeating and reviewing the speech he had prepared in his head.

Look, Space Girl, I like you and you like me, but not in the same way. I'm not willing to share, and I can't wait forever....so this... whatever it is between us. It's gotta e-

Jack sniffed.

Something was burning.

He ran until he caught sight of the devestation.

"Aw, Hell."
    She sensed Jack approaching. It was then that she realized he had disappeared earlier. She sighed as a wave of guilt swept through her.

Damn it, I should have noticed sooner.

"The Junjo did this," she told him when he arrived. "If it wasn't for my aunt, they would have killed her and these kids. Please tell me you'll help me wipe then out."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada scowled. "What about it? Face it, lawman. These ******* are asking for it."

To her, it was simple. They had killed Saiyans after picking several of them up for enslavement. They had done the same to her. They had hurt Ishtar and Jack. Those reasons were more than enough to wipe them out.

"If we don't, they'll just keep killing, just keep selling people into slavery, and keep making a profit off others' misery and pair
    "Yes, but...the Junjo canot simply be an entire society of slavers, can they? I'm certain they too have civilians. Children even. Wiping the entirety of their species out just doesn't sit well with me," P-Sta shook his head.

"Better to incapacitate them. Ground them. Force them to rely on something other than their awful trade..." P-Sta suggested. "After all don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to say a widely reviled race doesn't deserve a chance to start anew?'

Sarada flinched ever so subtly when she heard the new name Ishtar had for her. First, 'Little Love', now, 'Dearheart'. It was like she was trying her damnedest to make it hard to not tell her the truth about how she felt. She knew Ishtar knew, but this was one of those things that needed to be verbalized. Sarada knew that once she did, there was no turning back from that point.

Hearing how much she cared for her made it so hard to not want to make that leap into the unknown with her, consequences and the future be damned.
    In a way, Ishtar regretted it every time she offered words of love, or referred to Sarada with terms of endearment. Yet despite that, and despite the knowledge that it might very well end sooner rather than later given what had been seen of that alternate timeline ... the golden-eyed Oni loved the Sarada- for better, likely worse- there could be no denying how she felt. And with the inability to lie, and the connection that had resulted from their closeness added to the mix, the young Saiyan knew better than anyone the truth of that.

Of course ... if Oni put more effort towards suppressing that side of herself, perhaps it could be managed. Hidden.

After so long suffering without the warmth she felt every time she found herself in the Saiyan's presence however, or brushed an errant stray of hair from Ishtar's face .... or even how Sarada said the Oni's name; returning to the polite indifference that had been her life for centuries ... was not a thing Ishtar wanted to do. Not after freeing herself from the shadows of a past that had prevented peaceful nights, and plagued every step taken since. And in the end .. and in light of all that had transpired since that freeing of herself, and acceptance of the things to come; it was perhaps a thing she could never do again.

... For better or worse.

Ishtar confirmed her desire to see the Junjo eradicated, and that brought a smile to Sarada's lips. Just the thought of her soft skin drenched in blood from head to toe, her supple bosom rising and falling with every heavy breath, a katchin blade covered in ichor and guts after disemboweling imp after imp got her incredibly hot and bothered.

Ugh. Focus.

"Then, we get to have some fun in the future, lo-- Ishtar." Whoa, she nearly slipped up there. Damn it, that was the second time she nearly said the L word to someone. The first time after fucking Avoca's brains out a few weeks before she left for Earth. At least she kept her wits about her in that regard when she mated with Jack those times.
    Ishtar was visibly startled when she heard the borderline admission of love, from Sarada.

True, the Oni herself was rather open with her affections, offering words of love and terms of endreament as if she was asking after the weather; yet to hear such from Sarada was something else entirely. She was a Saiyan after all. Such things were hardly common, let alone said without thought, or emotion backing them ... to say nothing of the fact that, not only had the girl avoided saying such in the months they had spent together; she had also said- earlier that day, despite it feeling like it was years ago- that she was not sure she could offer such a thing as love at all because of how might not be able to follow through.

"I ..." Ishtar finally replied, before trailing off quickly.

And for a moment, the connection that they shared mirrored the golden-eyed Oni herself: wholly silent, as if it itself was unsure of how to respond. Yet a trickle of happiness- mixed with something that could not be placed- could finally be felt by Sarada, before Ishtar eventually finished the thought.

"... would enjoy some fun after the day we have had ... Sarada."

After a moment however, the young Saiyan would feel gentle contact made, telepathically. A thing Ishtar avoided unless something important needed saying. Or at the least, a thing the Oni needed to say, in light of what had almost been said.

"I know our future- or at least a future, does not end with us ... yet I would like to try all the same."

With the continuing influx of emotions however, it would be fairly clear that while the Oni could not express the thought well enough, the implication was simple. Ishtar was willing to do whatever it took to maintain at least some form of relationship with Sarada ... even if that meant dying at the hands of Jagam; in a realization of that possible future.

" ... If you would ?"

P-Sta speaking up then caused the Oni to recoil slightly however, and while she kept the teleptathic connection between them open should Sarada wish to respond; the Oni did her best to respond to the borderline annoying Galactic Police Officer.

"That, I agree with. Their operations have gone on for far too long..." P-Sta nodded, punching a fist into an open palm.
    "They continue to perpetuate a senselessly destructive cycle if for no other reason than because it is lucrative." Ishtar offered. "Even if this had not become personal; I do not feel I could suffer this to continue. So I will not. That you feel it within yourself to assist is a welcome thing."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Yes, but...the Junjo canot simply be an entire society of slavers, can they? I'm certain they too have civilians. Children even. Wiping the entirety of their species out just doesn't sit well with me," P-Sta shook his head.

"Better to incapacitate them. Ground them. Force them to rely on something other than their awful trade..." P-Sta suggested. "After all don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to say a widely reviled race doesn't deserve a chance to start anew?'
    Hypocritical?

No, it was...

Saiyans were the most hated race in the galaxy, who went from world to world for hundreds of years and laid waste to everything in sight. Survivors were rounded up and brought to Vocado, where they had the ki inhibited, and then were placed in the Meat Market. From there, they lived the rest of the lives as slaves. How long the rest of their lives was was completely up to fate. Some were killed in the arena by the champion -- the third strongest Saiyan on the planet -- as part of a completely barbaric tournament to earn their freedom. Others were killed by students during training exercises at the CTC. Sarada herself had taken pleasure in killing dozens.

If not for Mato taking control and ushering in his philosophy from the get-go, they would have been no better than the Junjo. The fact that they used to have an agreement with them only made that fact more glaring. Six months wasn't enough time for her to exalt herself as their superior and declare that their entire society needed to be wiped from the face of existence.

On the other hand, they had hurt her. They hurt Ishtar. They hurt Jack. They attacked her fellow Saiyans and left several hundred of them dead on the ground -- a number that nearly included twelve children if not for Enoki. That was grounds for her personally to see them all dead.

"Hypocritical or no, they hurt people I care about. They nearly killed children." She sighed heavily. "Fine. We don't have to wipe out their entire race, just the slavers. That would still force the innocents on their planet to find another means of supporting themselves. Simply arresting them isn't enough for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar was visibly startled when she heard the borderline admission of love, from Sarada.

True, the Oni herself was rather open with her affections, offering words of love and terms of endreament as if she was asking after the weather; yet to hear such from Sarada was something else entirely. She was a Saiyan after all. Such things were hardly common, let alone said without thought, or emotion backing them ... to say nothing of the fact that, not only had the girl avoided saying such in the months they had spent together; she had also said- earlier that day, despite it feeling like it was years ago- that she was not sure she could offer such a thing as love at all because of how might not be able to follow through.

"I ..." Ishtar finally replied, before trailing off quickly.

And for a moment, the connection that they shared mirrored the golden-eyed Oni herself: wholly silent, as if it itself was unsure of how to respond. Yet a trickle of happiness- mixed with something that could not be placed- could finally be felt by Sarada, before Ishtar eventually finished the thought.

"... would enjoy some fun after the day we have had ... Sarada."

After a moment however, the young Saiyan would feel gentle contact made, telepathically. A thing Ishtar avoided unless something important needed saying. Or at the least, a thing the Oni needed to say, in light of what had almost been said.

"I know our future- or at least a future, does not end with us ... yet I would like to try all the same."

With the continuing influx of emotions however, it would be fairly clear that while the Oni could not express the thought well enough, the implication was simple. Ishtar was willing to do whatever it took to maintain at least some form of relationship with Sarada ... even if that meant dying at the hands of Jagam; in a realization of that possible future.

" ... If you would ?"
    Ishtar's verbal response was just a verbalization of what Sarada already knew. It was the nonverbal responses that caught her attention.

First, the startled look at Sarada's near admittance. She had been hoping she would either not notice or not react to it. Neither was the case, but at least she didn't comment on it. She could have said she hadn't meant to say it; and while that would have been true, it was hardly something that should have been said aloud. Besides, she was fairly certain Ishtar knew.

Second, the telepathic message she sent her saying she wanted to try to make a relationship happen despite their uncertain future.

What?

A relationship?

First Jack asking her where they stood as far as their relationship, then Ishtar admitting that she loved her, now this ****?

Ishtar was at least five thousands years old -- and she knew that she was far older than that -- and Sarada was only sixteen. She had her entire youth ahead of her; she had no time or desire to be in a relationship with anyone. Unless one counted her punching faces in as a relationship.

She just wanted to have sex and fight. That was it. Relationships limited her options to one person. There was no way, with her hormones and wandering eye, she was going to be able to limit her lust to just one person. It was impossible. Saiyan teenagers -- especially girls -- were just too hormonal. It wouldn't have been fair to Ishtar, even if she was reasonably certain she wouldn't have minded.

Still, open relationships weren't a thing in Saiyan society because Saiyans got all that **** out of their system in their teenage years. How the **** could she do that if she was tethered to one person.

She sighed and formed a response. She went over several in her head, growing increasingly frustrated by the second with this entire thing, before finally deciding on one. 'We can try.'

Likely too noncommittal for Ishtar's taste, but it was the best she could do. She felt that anything trending more toward agreeing to start one with her would be backing herself into an uncomfortable corner.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

P-Sta speaking up then caused the Oni to recoil slightly however, and while she kept the teleptathic connection between them open should Sarada wish to respond; the Oni did her best to respond to the borderline annoying Galactic Police Officer.

"They continue to perpetuate a senselessly destructive cycle if for no other reason than because it is lucrative." Ishtar offered. "Even if this had not become personal; I do not feel I could suffer this to continue. So I will not. That you feel it within yourself to assist is a welcome thing."
    "Yes, of course! I cannot tandem while evil flouri-," P-Sta froze briefly as he noticed Ishtar's outfit for the first time. "Wh-while it...well.." P-Sta stammered turned to face Sarada again, stating, "Well, you know what I mean."

Hypocritical?

No, it was...

Saiyans were the most hated race in the galaxy, who went from world to world for hundreds of years and laid waste to everything in sight. Survivors were rounded up and brought to Vocado, where they had the ki inhibited, and then were placed in the Meat Market. From there, they lived the rest of the lives as slaves. How long the rest of their lives was was completely up to fate. Some were killed in the arena by the champion -- the third strongest Saiyan on the planet -- as part of a completely barbaric tournament to earn their freedom. Others were killed by students during training exercises at the CTC. Sarada herself had taken pleasure in killing dozens.

If not for Mato taking control and ushering in his philosophy from the get-go, they would have been no better than the Junjo. The fact that they used to have an agreement with them only made that fact more glaring. Six months wasn't enough time for her to exalt herself as their superior and declare that their entire society needed to be wiped from the face of existence.

On the other hand, they had hurt her. They hurt Ishtar. They hurt Jack. They attacked her fellow Saiyans and left several hundred of them dead on the ground -- a number that nearly included twelve children if not for Enoki. That was grounds for her personally to see them all dead.

"Hypocritical or no, they hurt people I care about. They nearly killed children." She sighed heavily. "Fine. We don't have to wipe out their entire race, just the slavers. That would still force the innocents on their planet to find another means of supporting themselves. Simply arresting them isn't enough for me."
    "What if it breeds a cycle of revenge?" P-Sta asked, leaning towards the ground, beginning to draw something in the dirt with his index finger. "What will you do then if their children eventually seek vengeance on those who slaughtered their parents?"

"What if it breeds a cycle of revenge?" P-Sta asked, leaning towards the ground, beginning to draw something in the dirt with his index finger. "What will you do then if their children eventually seek vengeance on those who slaughtered their parents?"
    "How is that any different than them seeking revenge against the Galaxy Police for taking their parents away?" Sarada countered. "It's not like they'll see them ever again. I imagine enslavement, mass murder, kidnapping, and whatever the **** else these assholes are guilty of will carry a life sentence."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Yes, of course! I cannot tandem while evil flouri-," P-Sta froze briefly as he noticed Ishtar's outfit for the first time. "Wh-while it...well.." P-Sta stammered turned to face Sarada again, stating, "Well, you know what I mean."
    Ishtar nodded along at P-Sta's response- undercut somewhat by his noticing of her attire before- before offering a chuckle.

"I will not bite you unless you ask me to." Humor aside however, the Oni was still somewhat displeased by the methods that the officer was willing to utilize in the pursuit of his 'half-measures'. Or one supposed, the methods of the outfit he served. So growing more serious, the golden-eyed Oni stated as much.

"If I find your methods wanting, P-Sta; you will not be able to prevent what I am required to do. Of that you have my word."

It was about this time, too, that Sarada finally responded telepathically ...

Ishtar's verbal response was just a verbalization of what Sarada already knew. It was the nonverbal responses that caught her attention.

First, the startled look at Sarada's near admittance. She had been hoping she would either not notice or not react to it. Neither was the case, but at least she didn't comment on it. She could have said she hadn't meant to say it; and while that would have been true, it was hardly something that should have been said aloud. Besides, she was fairly certain Ishtar knew.

Second, the telepathic message she sent her saying she wanted to try to make a relationship happen despite their uncertain future.

What?

A relationship?

First Jack asking her where they stood as far as their relationship, then Ishtar admitting that she loved her, now this ****?

Ishtar was at least five thousands years old -- and she knew that she was far older than that -- and Sarada was only sixteen. She had her entire youth ahead of her; she had no time or desire to be in a relationship with anyone. Unless one counted her punching faces in as a relationship.

She just wanted to have sex and fight. That was it. Relationships limited her options to one person. There was no way, with her hormones and wandering eye, she was going to be able to limit her lust to just one person. It was impossible. Saiyan teenagers -- especially girls -- were just too hormonal. It wouldn't have been fair to Ishtar, even if she was reasonably certain she wouldn't have minded.

Still, open relationships weren't a thing in Saiyan society because Saiyans got all that **** out of their system in their teenage years. How the **** could she do that if she was tethered to one person.

She sighed and formed a response. She went over several in her head, growing increasingly frustrated by the second with this entire thing, before finally deciding on one. 'We can try.'

Likely too noncommittal for Ishtar's taste, but it was the best she could do. She felt that anything trending more toward agreeing to start one with her would be backing herself into an uncomfortable corner.
    The frustration had been felt as a mounting thing over the course of Ishtar's response to P-Sta ... likely the result of the wording, or perhaps simply the fact that such was being discussed now ... a thing that in truth, was justified. There was a time and a place for such things, and while the Oni was only slightly more tethered to the concept of time than Zurvan, her timing when it came to such things as conversations like this was ... as Tasure was fond of saying 'shitty as ****'. Perhaps a thing she would work on- like flight ...

In any case, the response that pinged in Ishtar's mind was one that at least relieved some of that mounting dread- for that was what that unplaced feeling had been- at the thought of loosing what had formed between them. A pleasant relationship that had its foundation laid firmly in a mixture of tender moments, combat, and sex. And while Sarada had seemingly agreed to attempting a relationship in the more traditional sense, such a thing would be simply ... cruel. Beyond simply forcing the girl to make a decision far too early, it ran counter to her nature as a Saiyan.

And while Ishtar was many things, she was far from cruel ... when it came to those things she actually cared for.

So with a sigh that sounded across the mental link, one of relief more than anything else, the golden-eyed Oni offered a soft response.

"Thank you, Sarada ... and in the end please know that I do not wish to force you into a relationship in that sense ... just continue on in the way we have been for as long as long as you will allow us to."

"How is that any different than them seeking revenge against the Galaxy Police for taking their parents away?" Sarada countered. "It's not like they'll see them ever again. I imagine enslavement, mass murder, kidnapping, and whatever the **** else these assholes are guilty of will carry a life sentence."
    Ishtar grunted.

"The simple response, and effective solution ... would be to simply slaughter them all." The Oni replied simply. "I have seen far less deserving species die out well before their time, so such a thing is not uncommon in the Universe at large ... What is one species- deserving of death- gone against the myriad others ? " Leaving the question to hang in the air for a moment however, the Oni let slip a sigh.

"Yet I suspect that will not sit well with most of you, yes ? ... Let us simply start with saving those who have been taken, and proceed from there when we get there ?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 05-16-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Midori sat on the ground listening to the conversation, holding her sword and running a whetstone along the edges of it, deep in thought. The Junjo were slavers, their actions monstrous even if they hadn't effected the group personally. Though their actions against the Saiyans could easily be considered a twisted sort of karmic justice for the Saiyans own centuries of pillaging, slavery, and genocide that spanned many planets.

But Midori didn't believe in eye for an eye, and this involved not only adults who would've been involved in those actions, but also innocent children. Sighing, she stared at her sword as she kept the rhythmic motion of her arm as she sharpened her blade.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Of course there's no signal..." With a sigh, Charco lowered his communicator, unable to access his music app. He knew he wouldn't be able to utilize the functions relying on WIFI, especially since he was... well, on another planet, but considering the insanity they all had just gone through, he figured it was worth a try.

Glancing at the others, the 17-year-old raised a brow, "... are we still debating this?" P-Sta's adherence to the rules was something unheard of with this group, but then again, Charco probably shouldn't be throwing stones while living in his glass house built on the foundation of all the plans he had destroyed with a poorly placed Tyranno Blast.

Ishtar nodded along at P-Sta's response- undercut somewhat by his noticing of her attire before- before offering a chuckle.

"I will not bite you unless you ask me to." Humor aside however, the Oni was still somewhat displeased by the methods that the officer was willing to utilize in the pursuit of his 'half-measures'. Or one supposed, the methods of the outfit he served. So growing more serious, the golden-eyed Oni stated as much.

"If I find your methods wanting, P-Sta; you will not be able to prevent what I am required to do. Of that you have my word."

It was about this time, too, that Sarada finally responded telepathically ...

The frustration had been felt as a mounting thing over the course of Ishtar's response to P-Sta ... likely the result of the wording, or perhaps simply the fact that such was being discussed now ... a thing that in truth, was justified. There was a time and a place for such things, and while the Oni was only slightly more tethered to the concept of time than Zurvan, her timing when it came to such things as conversations like this was ... as Tasure was fond of saying 'shitty as ****'. Perhaps a thing she would work on- like flight ...

In any case, the response that pinged in Ishtar's mind was one that at least relieved some of that mounting dread- for that was what that unplaced feeling had been- at the thought of loosing what had formed between them. A pleasant relationship that had its foundation laid firmly in a mixture of tender moments, combat, and sex. And while Sarada had seemingly agreed to attempting a relationship in the more traditional sense, such a thing would be simply ... cruel. Beyond simply forcing the girl to make a decision far too early, it ran counter to her nature as a Saiyan.

And while Ishtar was many things, she was far from cruel ... when it came to those things she actually cared for.

So with a sigh that sounded across the mental link, one of relief more than anything else, the golden-eyed Oni offered a soft response.

"Thank you, Sarada ... and in the end please know that I do not wish to force you into a relationship in that sense ... just continue on in the way we have been for as long as long as you will allow us to."
    Oh.

Hearing the clarification of what she meant by 'relationship' -- that being that she simply wished to continue as they had been despite what may come -- brought relief to Sarada's mind. She was afraid she wanted to be exclusive, but that wasn't the case. With this in mind, she happily replied. 'Oh. Well, in that case, I'm done for continuing things the way we have been.'

Ishtar grunted.

"The simple response, and effective solution ... would be to simply slaughter them all." The Oni replied simply. "I have seen far less deserving species die out well before their time, so such a thing is not uncommon in the Universe at large ... What is one species- deserving of death- gone against the myriad others ? " Leaving the question to hang in the air for a moment however, the Oni let slip a sigh.

"Yet I suspect that will not sit well with most of you, yes ? ... Let us simply start with saving those who have been taken, and proceed from there when we get there ?"
    Well, that...

Huh.

She hadn't expected that kind of pragmatic response from Ishtar. Sure, the woman had a vastly different perspective on things, given her age and how much she had seen in her extremely long life; but, there was something that didn't sit well with her.

All the children -- if the Junjo did in fact have children and didn't just sprout up from the collective misery of others as fully formed adults -- would be killed along with everyone else. Despite how much Pinach and Rutaba got on her nerves, Sarada loved children. Mainly because they had the innocence that she herself never got a chance to enjoy for long. Because of that, she wanted to do all she could to protect them from any kind of harm.

Even if that harm was a result of her friends' -- or lover's -- actions.

"Yeah, let's just focus on freeing the prisoners for now."

Damn it. Now I look wishy-washy. I was the one who swore to eradicate their entire race a few minutes ago. I hope these assholes don't have children. I can't imagine the kind of life they must live on their homeworld.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"

She sensed Jack approaching. It was then that she realized he had disappeared earlier. She sighed as a wave of guilt swept through her.

Damn it, I should have noticed sooner.

"The Junjo did this," she told him when he arrived. "If it wasn't for my aunt, they would have killed her and these kids. Please tell me you'll help me wipe then out."
    "We need to put a stop to them," Jack nodded, "Wipe out though...let's just kill the ones actually doing the slaving."

What the **** are you doing Jack. You came over here to tell her how you felt, so do it. A part of Jack really did want to tell Sarada that he was done. He was not ready to wait when...and if to be honest.

He wanted to do that still.

Just...not with the smell of burning flesh in his nostrils.

"We'll...take the people who did this down, I promise you that," Jack confirmed as he surveyed the carnage.

"I'm sure something can be arranged," P-Sta shook his head, looking up at the Saiyan. "I wouldn't imagine visitation rights are too difficult to pull some strings for.."

"And you have my word that even if I cannot stop you, I will try my darndest to do so," P-Sta replied, his composure somewhat less flustered now that he was avoiding looking at Ishtar.

Oh.

Hearing the clarification of what she meant by 'relationship' -- that being that she simply wished to continue as they had been despite what may come -- brought relief to Sarada's mind. She was afraid she wanted to be exclusive, but that wasn't the case. With this in mind, she happily replied. 'Oh. Well, in that case, I'm down for continuing things the way we have been.'
    This alone was enough to set Ishtar's mind at ease, and with an offering of happiness, gratitude, and the ever-present love, the Oni expressed as much.

"Then I suppose the sooner we finish with this day, the sooner I can show you what all I have learned ..."

And with a few telepathically whispered words of things that the Oni intended to do to Sarada, once their current 'quest' had been handled- whips, biting, and using the Saiyan's face as a chair- the golden-eyed Oni turned her attention back to the planning for the coming assault on the Junjo Slavers.

Well, that...

Huh.

She hadn't expected that kind of pragmatic response from Ishtar. Sure, the woman had a vastly different perspective on things, given her age and how much she had seen in her extremely long life; but, there was something that didn't sit well with her.

All the children -- if the Junjo did in fact have children and didn't just sprout up from the collective misery of others as fully formed adults -- would be killed along with everyone else. Despite how much Pinach and Rutaba got on her nerves, Sarada loved children. Mainly because they had the innocence that she herself never got a chance to enjoy for long. Because of that, she wanted to do all she could to protect them from any kind of harm.

Even if that harm was a result of her friends' -- or lover's -- actions.

"Yeah, let's just focus on freeing the prisoners for now."

Damn it. Now I look wishy-washy. I was the one who swore to eradicate their entire race a few minutes ago. I hope these assholes don't have children. I can't imagine the kind of life they must live on their homeworld.
    While it was true that Ishtar had no such issues- at least in this instance- with the eradication of the Junjo should such a thing ultimately be necessary; the unease that she felt from Sarada was something of a curiosity. Though ... perhaps not so. The Saiyan, to Ishtar's knowledge, had not engaged in the acts of her predecessors when it came to the subjugation and enslavement of other species; and while she was on occasion bloodthirsty ... she was far more measured than one might expect. So in the end, perhaps the unease was warranted.

It was enough to give the golden-eyed Oni pause, at any rate.

Hm ..

Nodding her head finally, as Sarada agreed to the compromise- save first, kill later- Ishtar offered the Saiyan a small smile. "In the end, that is the true goal now ... perhaps the rest will fall into place when we get there; as things are sometimes wont to do. And at the very least, those responsible for what has happened here will be treated to the justice owed them."

"And you have my word that even if I cannot stop you, I will try my darnedest to do so," P-Sta replied, his composure somewhat less flustered now that he was avoiding looking at Ishtar.
    "Good enough for now," the Oni replied with a shrug. Whether or not it was in response to his promise to attempt stopping her, however, or his return to 'grace' after averting his gaze ... one could not be wholly sure.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori sat on the ground listening to the conversation, holding her sword and running a whetstone along the edges of it, deep in thought. The Junjo were slavers, their actions monstrous even if they hadn't effected the group personally. Though their actions against the Saiyans could easily be considered a twisted sort of karmic justice for the Saiyans own centuries of pillaging, slavery, and genocide that spanned many planets.

But Midori didn't believe in eye for an eye, and this involved not only adults who would've been involved in those actions, but also innocent children. Sighing, she stared at her sword as she kept the rhythmic motion of her arm as she sharpened her blade.
    Zaofan's posture went from low and slumped, to straight and tight, all the while still maintaining a profound sense of sorrow and seriousness. Overhearing the exchange between Sarada, Ishtar, and P-Sta, and noticing the somber mood that affected even Midori and Jack, Zaofan speaks up. "Sarada. Enoki. Whatever the next course of action is with the Junjo, we should still honor the fallen of today. You have my condolences. Such barbarity is unforgivable."

Zaofan begins floating up. "I don't know what Saiyan burial rites look like, but what we do next with the Junjo must be done to honor the Saiyans." He quietly begins firing light optic blasts into the ground, with just enough power to split dirt and carve out separate graves for each of the deceased. He does this one at a time, almost to the point where each grave looks like a tic marked off on a giant chalkboard.

"I cannot say what the best course of action is, but the Saiyans -- they will be avenged. That is justice."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan's posture went from low and slumped, to straight and tight, all the while still maintaining a profound sense of sorrow and seriousness. Overhearing the exchange between Sarada, Ishtar, and P-Sta, and noticing the somber mood that affected even Midori and Jack, Zaofan speaks up. "Sarada. Enoki. Whatever the next course of action is with the Junjo, we should still honor the fallen of today. You have my condolences. Such barbarity is unforgivable."

Zaofan begins floating up. "I don't know what Saiyan burial rites look like, but what we do next with the Junjo must be done to honor the Saiyans." He quietly begins firing light optic blasts into the ground, with just enough power to split dirt and carve out separate graves for each of the deceased. He does this one at a time, almost to the point where each grave looks like a tic marked off on a giant chalkboard.

"I cannot say what the best course of action is, but the Saiyans -- they will be avenged. That is justice."
    Looking to Zaofan, Midori sheathed her sword on her back and slipped her whetstone into her pocket as she said "You are right, of course."

Standing to her feet, Midori walked over to Zaofan as she asked "Hey Zaofan, do you need any help with this?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis