Page 126 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2312
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That maybe the writers are okay with just MJ representing the RYV franchise, even if that's fails to represent the main theme of the series (the family).
    Well if you say so though if it's going affect the Renew Your Vows world I don't see any reason to not involve the rest of the family. This doesn't even sound like Venomverse too.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well if you say so though if it's going affect the Renew Your Vows world I don't see any reason to not involve the rest of the family. This doesn't even sound like Venomverse too.
    We'll have to see what actually happens. It could very well be just some tie-in where the big bads breifly invade the RYV world for a one-off or something. (
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

We'll have to see what actually happens. It could very well be just some tie-in where the big bads breifly invade the RYV world for a one-off or something. (
    Well whatever it is this is the second time they decided to tie Renew Your Vows to an event probably out of fear of whatever state of decline it has fallen into, but considering how many times it has changed direction I would say it was inevitable and now it kind of lost it's unique identity.

Well whatever it is this is the second time they decided to tie Renew Your Vows to an event probably out of fear of whatever state of decline it has fallen into, but considering how many times it has changed direction I would say it was inevitable and now it kind of lost it's unique identity.
    Maybe?

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

If they feel Spidergeddon can boost RYV's sales I don't see the harm.

I don’t think it’s lost it’s identity at all. It’s still a great book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Maybe?

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If they feel Spidergeddon can boost RYV's sales I don't see the harm.
    But can you imagine the fallout of this event? Already Venomverse shook things up badly and you can tell that Conway wasn't all that dedicated to the story since he had Mary Jane act like a blind bat and fall for Liz's ploy which when you think about really doesn't make any sense even as evil plan to 'protect' her son. If the change is drastic I do not predict good things.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I don’t think it’s lost it’s identity at all. It’s still a great book.
    The second arc transformed the book into Spider-Girl 2.0 that doesn't bode well since I doubt Houser can write a family dynamic.

BANNED

The second arc transformed the book into Spider-Girl 2.0 that doesn't bode well since I doubt Houser can write a family dynamic.
    Houser wrote a great Peter/MJ story just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Houser wrote a great Peter/MJ story just recently.
    Yes she did fine but the real test is writing all three of them together. And trying to make sure the spotlight shines evenly as possible.

Yes she did fine but the real test is writing all three of them together. And trying to make sure the spotlight shines evenly as possible.
    I thought that's what "Eight Years Later" was for, the first three issues when they go to the fair and fight the Lizard. I wouldn't say that arc was especially Annie focused, it had a nice balance of all three of them working together. "Fast Times At Midtown High" obviously was Annie centred, but it was an arc about her in high school, of course she's gonna be the focus. And for just three issues, I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.

Yeah, I don't really buy the whole "RYV has become Spider-Girl 2.0" thing because of how the series rotates which Parkers get the spotlight from story to story. "Fast Times" is literally the only "8 Years" tale where Annie is the only one in the spotlight, everyone gets an issue of the Lizard story, and the vacation one is about Peter and MJ (and not really about them as parents either).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, I don't really buy the whole "RYV has become Spider-Girl 2.0" thing because of how the series rotates which Parkers get the spotlight from story to story. "Fast Times" is literally the only "8 Years" tale where Annie is the only one in the spotlight, everyone gets an issue of the Lizard story, and the vacation one is about Peter and MJ (and not really about them as parents either).
    You can even look at the series as a whole and see there's been a good balance between character specific issues and Family focused ones:
    #1 - Peter (B1: Peter & Annie, B2: MJ & Annie)
    #2 - MJ
    #3 - Annie
    #4 - Family
    #5 - Family
    #6-7 - Family
    #8-9 - MJ & Peter
    #10 - Normie
    #11-12 - Family
    #13 - Peter
    #14 - MJ
    #15 - Annie
    #16-18 - Annie
    #19 - Peter & MJ

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You can even look at the series as a whole and see there's been a good balance between character specific issues and Family focused ones:
    #1 - Peter (B1: Peter & Annie, B2: MJ & Annie)
    #2 - MJ
    #3 - Annie
    #4 - Family
    #5 - Family
    #6-7 - Family
    #8-9 - MJ & Peter
    #10 - Normie
    #11-12 - Family
    #13 - Peter
    #14 - MJ
    #15 - Annie
    #16-18 - Annie
    #19 - Peter & MJ

Thank you for pointing this out

I don't get people griping and worrying about it being Spider-Girl 2
    heck..Peter is still Spider-Man and has both his legs
    Mary Jane is a superheroine
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out

I don't get people griping and worrying about it being Spider-Girl 2
    heck..Peter is still Spider-Man and has both his legs
    Mary Jane is a superheroine
    As a Spider-Girl fan, I must say this direction is as good if not better.
    Pull List: Currently Empty