Page 171 of 237 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems like this run is drawing a lot from PAD's Hulk run.

About damn time.
    They want back Hulk into these roots, influence by PAD's run, but keeping the essence of the first stories and 70's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    A new Incredible Interview from Al Ewing on The Immortal Hulk

http://www.freaksugar.com/al-ewing-i...ulk-interview/
    Interesting interview.
    I´m intrigued to read the next stories to see how will Al Ewing keep Hulk a horror comic book.
    The first issue was great,so i will be pulling the next stories for sure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    They want back Hulk into these roots, influence by PAD's run, but keeping the essence of the first stories and 70's run.
    Debatable, IMO.

Hulk's ability to track anyone, inability to die are lifted directly from PAD's run. If we're seeing Hotshot, then that's another PAD feature.

Treating th Hulk persona as an actual, morally grey monster was a PAD feature too, but hardly exclusive to him

Debatable, IMO.

Hulk's ability to track anyone, inability to die are lifted directly from PAD's run. If we're seeing Hotshot, then that's another PAD feature.

Treating th Hulk persona as an actual, morally grey monster was a PAD feature too, but hardly exclusive to him
    I never was a great PAD's fan. Bill Mantlo for me is the best! But at least PAD'S run is enjoyable, and funny in Las Vegas. They want to do this again, but i hope they not turn into a boring and repetitive issues. When PAD's leave the book, i so glad when this happen. He is not writer a funny and interesting stories anymore.

Debatable, IMO.

Yep, PAD did all of that and a whole lot more. 12 years, 140+ issues spanning from Joe Fixit to the Pantheon... It's hard to have any kind of definitive Hulk without tying it back to PAD.

Even the original Grey/Evil Hulk of Stan Lee's didn't last very long, and the 70's show proclaimed him a 'monster', but also made a very distinct point of 'He won't kill anyone, because YOU wouldn't kill anyone!' So they just double downed on the 'misunderstood monster' aspect...

This version sounds a lot more like Fixit than it does the 70's show.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep, PAD did all of that and a whole lot more. 12 years, 140+ issues spanning from Joe Fixit to the Pantheon... It's hard to have any kind of definitive Hulk without tying it back to PAD.

Even the original Grey/Evil Hulk of Stan Lee's didn't last very long, and the 70's show proclaimed him a 'monster', but also made a very distinct point of 'He won't kill anyone, because YOU wouldn't kill anyone!' So they just double downed on the 'misunderstood monster' aspect...

This version sounds a lot more like Fixit than it does the 70's show.
    Just PAD'S Fixit, the rest reminds me a Bruce Jones run, 70's show. For me is good, Fixit's Hulk is not only the focus.

BANNED

Interview: IMMORTAL HULK Prepares for a Threat BIGGER than even the HULK can handle

https://www.newsarama.com/40632-immo...an-handle.html

BANNED

IMMORTAL HULK #2 - Preview

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 07-03-2018 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 07-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.

I was hooked after issue one, but I’m pretty sold now. Issue two was another solid story and I can’t wait for the next one!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm liking the dark avenging Hulk horror story direction.

Another Hulk's mature story, with great references from 70's tv show! Waiting for issue #3, than i think is more scary for envolved entity and cases of demonic possession

BANNED

Never been a big fan of the Hulk before but I love the direction of this book. I was initially concerned since Marvel is sticking with the 'heroes don't kill' rule but the limitation works here, in a horror story no less. After all, there are many fates worse then death, as the unfortunate antagonist of #2 found out...

BANNED

Another cracking good issue from Ewing. This new direction is extremely exciting and Ewing isn't shying away from the darkness of it at all.

Mighty Member

Loved issue 2 even more than the first, mostly because how it ends is one of my worst fears...

However, I'm slightly concerned. I really loved the first two issues...but you don't really get to see any hulk action. While this works well for these stories so far, I don't want the WHOLE series to be Hulk doing really violent stuff off panel. Although, im not too worried, im sure by the time sasquatch shows up we'll get some proper action.