Page 223 of 249 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This could be Jen in Sara Picelli's pencils for Fantastic Four #1.

I noticed that in Marvel Previews earlier. I was thinking the same thing. Would make sense that ask her about FF on news being a former member.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerbug View Post
    Paul Pelletier always does good work. Enjoyed him alternating with Juan Bobillo on the Dan Slott run.

Shamelessly She-Hulk is a low budget feature fanfilm set in the Marvel universe. I filmed it in 2007-8. In April, I remastered it as a 93-minute "rough cut", and you can download it in the description of these videos.

https://youtu.be/wrXVDAta7kM
    https://youtu.be/sy2811O-6RA
    https://youtu.be/YHEOaiou6K0
    https://youtu.be/mg-Ch0fB7QU
    https://youtu.be/r2Hd8icYpVY
    I would stumble across bits and pieces of it but it would be nice to see the whole thing. Thanks!
    This could be Jen in Sara Pichelli's pencils for Fantastic Four #1.

One more excellent reason for me to pick Fantastic Four!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This could be Jen in Sara Pichelli's pencils for Fantastic Four #1.

Most likely. Medusa, Crystal (looks like she had some meth), Luke Cage (trying to make him look like his actor) and big eared Jen.

has Jen ever worked for a low-income legal services agency? (not the same thing as public defender)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Jen ever worked for a low-income legal services agency? (not the same thing as public defender)
    IIRC I don't think so, most of the time she's either self employed like in her debut or the Soule run or working for a firm like the Slott run.

She-Hulk along with her Avenger Team mates makesin an appearance in next week's Spider-Man. Speaking of Avengers issue 4 was quite interesting, at least storywise for me. Though its annoying that she has dumb Hulk persona but I am seeing some of Jen in this personality, she wants to smash things which she sees as fun and Jen does like to have fun. Thor kissing Jen was kind of sweet and regular Jen does like Thor (in platonic sense) where it goes from there might be interesting. I am curious what blood of Ymir will do, though going by what Thor was saying, I am going to guess (I could be way off) but possibly Celestial sized Avengers or at least She-Hulk and Ghostrider.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    She-Hulk along with her Avenger Team mates makesin an appearance in next week's Spider-Man. Speaking of Avengers issue 4 was quite interesting, at least storywise for me. Though its annoying that she has dumb Hulk persona but I am seeing some of Jen in this personality, she wants to smash things which she sees as fun and Jen does like to have fun. Thor kissing Jen was kind of sweet and regular Jen does like Thor (in platonic sense) where it goes from there might be interesting. I am curious what blood of Ymir will do, though going by what Thor was saying, I am going to guess (I could be way off) but possibly Celestial sized Avengers or at least She-Hulk and Ghostrider.
    Different bugs, different sky, more heroes and a more familiar She-Hulk is potentially more evidence to Jen returning to a more controlled state.
    Agreed with disliking her current personality. The resulting dialogue being so limited is probably one of the most off putting things about it for myself.
    I like her new power spoilers:
    to heal or warm up other people
    end of spoilers. I think her "Whatever" when Thor brings it up again meant it was purely for helping him out but I wouldn't object if it went further. He's certainly her type.
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    IIRC I don't think so, most of the time she's either self employed like in her debut or the Soule run or working for a firm like the Slott run.
    I am curious if fans of Jen would like to see her team up with Matt Murdock in the court room?

I am a huge Daredevil fan and I have to say that I am really surprised there hasn't been more interaction between these two. Correct me if I am wrong here; however, wasn't it only recently that the two even faced off in the court room, while Matt was in San Fran during Waid's run? Now granted I do not know too much about the character and only have had recent exposure from her guest appearance earlier in Soule's DD run and what I have read in the recent Avengers series; however, I do intend to learn more about the character so any recommendations to start would be appreciated. I am liking Soule's DD run so not sure if his run is a good place to start with Jen.

I think a mini with these two focusing more on the legal side of things could be really great, something similar to Daredevil: Redemption if anyone has read that.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I am curious if fans of Jen would like to see her team up with Matt Murdock in the court room?

I am a huge Daredevil fan and I have to say that I am really surprised there hasn't been more interaction between these two. Correct me if I am wrong here; however, wasn't it only recently that the two even faced off in the court room, while Matt was in San Fran during Waid's run? Now granted I do not know too much about the character and only have had recent exposure from her guest appearance earlier in Soule's DD run and what I have read in the recent Avengers series; however, I do intend to learn more about the character so any recommendations to start would be appreciated. I am liking Soule's DD run so not sure if his run is a good place to start with Jen.

I think a mini with these two focusing more on the legal side of things could be really great, something similar to Daredevil: Redemption if anyone has read that.
    I would, that's a great legal defense team that would have to fight against a similarly great opposing team. A mini would probably be the best for this team up as even though they do overlap as lawyers there's scales of stories can be very different with DD almost exclusively street level and Shulkie's history of 4th wall breaks, space adventures, etc.

Yup it was during a 3 issue arch in the Soule's She-Hulk run, that for Matt history wise took place during Waid's time on DD. They were also together/bickering in a Howard the Duck issue.
    For where to start, if you're more interested in Jen's roots/early lawyer days you may want to start with her savage days but if you want to jump into her more wacky adventures then Sensational is a good start. Slott's run, while I highly recommend it, I think readers will appreciate more after reading earlier Jen's stuff for the character work he does but certainly not inapproachable. Ditto for the later runs, not inapproachable but more in the middle than a beginning kind of story. However, if you're liking Soule's writing than it may be a good place for you to start with his run.

I asked Tom Brevoort on Twitter about what plans they have for She-Hulk going forward and if we will see her return to a more happy, joyful state, and this was his reply. "It sounds like what you’re asking here is when she’ll be going back to the way she was. For the foreseeable future, the direction will be forward, rather than back, sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I asked Tom Brevoort on Twitter about what plans they have for She-Hulk going forward and if we will see her return to a more happy, joyful state, and this was his reply. "It sounds like what you’re asking here is when she’ll be going back to the way she was. For the foreseeable future, the direction will be forward, rather than back, sorry."
    That sucks and is really dissapointing. And why they think that turning her into a cheap copy of Hulk in intellect and behaviour is going forward with the character?

Hopefully they'll change their minds at Marvel like with that promise of "no more events" and the next writer will save her.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thanks for nothing, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That sucks and is really dissapointing. And why they think that turning her into a cheap copy of Hulk in intellect and behaviour is going forward with the character?

Hopefully they'll change their minds at Marvel like with that promise of "no more events" and the next writer will save her.
    His response doesn't even make sense. "Forward" So regressing a character so badly that character is worse then savage years is somehow going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I would, that's a great legal defense team that would have to fight against a similarly great opposing team. A mini would probably be the best for this team up as even though they do overlap as lawyers there's scales of stories can be very different with DD almost exclusively street level and Shulkie's history of 4th wall breaks, space adventures, etc.

Yup it was during a 3 issue arch in the Soule's She-Hulk run, that for Matt history wise took place during Waid's time on DD. They were also together/bickering in a Howard the Duck issue.
    For where to start, if you're more interested in Jen's roots/early lawyer days you may want to start with her savage days but if you want to jump into her more wacky adventures then Sensational is a good start. Slott's run, while I highly recommend it, I think readers will appreciate more after reading earlier Jen's stuff for the character work he does but certainly not inapproachable. Ditto for the later runs, not inapproachable but more in the middle than a beginning kind of story. However, if you're liking Soule's writing than it may be a good place for you to start with his run.
    This is really helpful, thank you for taking the time to provide the input!

Interesting to know that even though they are both lawyers, how it gets represented is totally different. Would take a writer that understands both characters to pull it off effectively. Surprised Soule hasn't thought of or been asked to do it.

I may start with some of the earlier stuff if you feel like that is important given what later stories will do with the character, which I totally get. It would be like reading Bendis/Brubaker on DD before Miller.

For the savage she-hulk are there specific trades out there that you would recommend? Also, you mentioned Slott's run as being highly recommended. Is that considered some of the best stories for Jen? What do your favorite writers bring out in Jen that makes the story good?

Thanks for always getting creator insight!
    Welp at least going forward hopefully implies that Jen will develop more than she currently is.
    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    This is really helpful, thank you for taking the time to provide the input!

Interesting to know that even though they are both lawyers, how it gets represented is totally different. Would take a writer that understands both characters to pull it off effectively. Surprised Soule hasn't thought of or been asked to do it.

I may start with some of the earlier stuff if you feel like that is important given what later stories will do with the character, which I totally get. It would be like reading Bendis/Brubaker on DD before Miller.

For the savage she-hulk are there specific trades out there that you would recommend? Also, you mentioned Slott's run as being highly recommended. Is that considered some of the best stories for Jen? What do your favorite writers bring out in Jen that makes the story good?
    You're welcome!
    Yeah Soule is probably the guy for that job since he's been in both their minds for their solos and was/is (I forget which) a lawyer.
    I have the essential collection for her Savage days which is all 25 issues in black and white but that's maybe pricey for jumping into a character but I don't recall if there are other trades for her classic run. Slott's is my personnel favorite but as I'm sure it is with Matt, different fans will have different favorites/best stories. What my favorite writers bring out with Jen would be how she learns to love her more human side even when she has the choice to be superhuman and how she chooses who she wants to be. 2nd favorite would be probably how She-Hulk is used to put a magnifying glass on comic books whether is it be mocking tropes in 4th wall breaks or reading old comics as legal evidence for her court battles. There's a sense that She-Hulk can be used to tell very down to earth stories one issue and an epic, cosmic, sensational story the next without a jarring skip that makes her potential for storytelling a vast selection.