Page 16 of 325 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    yeah i totally agree with it--the reason Pietro and Wanda survived was because they already had powers and Tesseract unlocked the powers. also, can easily retcon them being adopted by a Sokovian couple at a young age. Magneto would come looking for Wanda and Pietro (with Pietro being dead, of course).
    There's not even a need much of a retcon.
    Sokovia is in Eastern Europe, you only have to go back to 1995 to have a real world genocide in that part of the world.

Just dump the entire WWII story with it's requirements for characters to be way older than they should be.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    They were the only ones to survive Strucker's eXperiments... why? They were referred to as 'enhanced', which was more about what they could do, not what they are. It was said the stone in Loki's scepter "unlocked" their powers, suggesting they were not only latent, but inherent. Vision's a synthetic being, Wanda is not. There's wiggle room there, at the very least.
    Infinity War kinda ruined that. Since it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Infinity War kinda ruined that. Since it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.
    I thought it was a plot point that her powers could shatter the stone, not that they were connected.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wish comcast would just go away. like let it go.
    Same. They're being such an annoying little gnat about this thing.

Astonishing Member

I just hope that if the X-Men do end up in the MCU, that they don't bend over backwards trying to explain the existence of mutants. Any explanation they come up with will change the context of what a mutant is. Some that I've read from internet posters include "Scarlet Witch uses the Infinity Gauntlet to turn half the population into mutants". As tickled as I am by the idea of reverse M-Day, that would change mutants from being something that people are born as to something they were turned into. Another is "Dr. Strange finds another universe with mutants in it who cross over into the MCU". Again, this changes the context for the mutant metaphor from being prejudice against race or sexual identity to a sort of xenophobia because suddenly they're more like interdimensional refugees or immigrants. The only explanation you really need is: "Mutants already existed in relatively small numbers, but they've been hidden from the public. Recent events have forced them to be exposed to the public".

That's it. Just start them out in that X-Men Evolution kind of space from before the Sentinel incident.

People have this strange idea that superhero universes, even ones like the MCU, are some kind of intricately crafted things where everything fits together and makes perfect sense. That's never been the case. In superhero universes there are tons of rough edges that don't fit and things that don't really make sense when viewed from a distance. Hell, I still don't know how the Avengers managed to be formed if Hydra was running SHIELD the whole time (I guess maybe that was explained on that boring Agents of SHIELD show I don't watch. And even then, it's probably a handwave). Really, these constructed universes run on a lot of handwaving and things staying in their lane until they don't need to. In the comics, there's no evidence that people like Stark, Pym and Rogers even knew what a mutant was until the Maximoffs joined the Avengers. Then they acted like they always knew what they were. It's actually kind of the presumption of X-Men fans that the plight of mutants should always be known and acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I just hope that if the X-Men do end up in the MCU, that they don't bend over backwards trying to explain the existence of mutants. Any explanation they come up with will change the context of what a mutant is. Some that I've read from internet posters include "Scarlet Witch uses the Infinity Gauntlet to turn half the population into mutants". As tickled as I am by the idea of reverse M-Day, that would change mutants from being something that people are born as to something they were turned into. Another is "Dr. Strange finds another universe with mutants in it who cross over into the MCU". Again, this changes the context for the mutant metaphor from being prejudice against race or sexual identity to a sort of xenophobia because suddenly they're more like interdimensional refugees or immigrants. The only explanation you really need is: "Mutants already existed in relatively small numbers, but they've been hidden from the public. Recent events have forced them to be exposed to the public".

That's it. Just start them out in that X-Men Evolution kind of space from before the Sentinel incident.

People have this strange idea that superhero universes, even ones like the MCU, are some kind of intricately crafted things where everything fits together and makes perfect sense. That's never been the case. In superhero universes there are tons of rough edges that don't fit and things that don't really make sense when viewed from a distance. Hell, I still don't know how the Avengers managed to be formed if Hydra was running SHIELD the whole time (I guess maybe that was explained on that boring Agents of SHIELD show I don't watch. And even then, it's probably a handwave). Really, these constructed universes run on a lot of handwaving and things staying in their lane until they don't need to. In the comics, there's no evidence that people like Stark, Pym and Rogers even knew what a mutant was until the Maximoffs joined the Avengers. Then they acted like they always knew what they were. It's actually kind of the presumption of X-Men fans that the plight of mutants should always be known and acknowledged.
    I agree that I don't want anything to crazy to introduce mutants. I think that when it happens that they will go the route the Ultimate Universe did and that they were created by the government. The government then covered it up and let the public think they were the "next step." For me it is also 50/50 if Logan is the first mutant.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I agree that I don't want anything to crazy to introduce mutants. I think that when it happens that they will go the route the Ultimate Universe did and that they were created by the government. The government then covered it up and let the public think they were the "next step." For me it is also 50/50 if Logan is the first mutant.
    It didn't do any favours for the X-Men movies to ve Logan centric, so I hope the MCU changes that and gives the X-Men the respect they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It didn't do any favours for the X-Men movies to ve Logan centric, so I hope the MCU changes that and gives the X-Men the respect they deserve
    You act like a Logan centric universe was unique to Fox...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I was thinking they might go the ultimate route too, but maybe when the Avengers fix what Thanos did, it might have a side effect that indirectly creates mutants on earth when the population is restored. Like it causes a genetic mutation in some humans...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I was thinking they might go the ultimate route too, but maybe when the Avengers fix what Thanos did, it might have a side effect that indirectly creates mutants on earth when the population is restored. Like it causes a genetic mutation in some humans...
    Not so much creates Mutants but exponentially increases their... I don't want to use spawn ratio but I am at a loss for a better term at the moment.

No need to go with the Ultimate Origins route, a book that might as well have been called Ultimate Retcon Bonanza.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    You act like a Logan centric universe was unique to Fox...
    Wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wasn't it?
    Have you ever exposed yourself to X-Men in literally any medium?

It is hardly a creation of the movies. The movies were simply following the habits of the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Have you ever exposed yourself to X-Men in literally any medium?

It is hardly a creation of the movies. The movies were simply following the habits of the comics
    What? There was a period in the 00's thanks to the movies where Wolverine was in everything but outside of that Wolverine's only edge in the X-Books was he had his own monthly series but so did Deadpool, Cable, and X-Man for many years. He was never team leader again till the films or had more exposure in the larger Marvel Universe than the other X-Men.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you want to retcon the Maximoff's as mutants in the MCU, all you would need to do is change the twins already being born with a latent X-gene that was triggered by the experiments which lead to them having powers opposed to the experiments outright giving it to them. Any thing else can be written off as them misunderstanding Wanda's power and how it works due to Hydra's half assed notes. Would it be that much of a stretch to believe a bunch of scientists playing with a cosmic power wouldn't fully understand what they did, how it happened and why?

You can even tie it in to the inevitable opening monologue/scene explaining how mutants work and kill a couple of birds with one stone.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought it was a plot point that her powers could shatter the stone, not that they were connected.
    It was stated that the stone could be destroyed with its own power.