Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Liked this. Liked knowing when it takes place.

Interesting Rebirthing of the week; this one's location. Nightshade is back and refers to classic Suicide Squad. Dick has his disco and 90s costumes in his Wing-Cave. John Stewart keeps directly referencing Cosmic Odyssey. There was one in Superman too, I think.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I enjoyed this issue so much, a fun call back to Priest's Deathstroke run and I liked that Priest brought back a magic character we haven't seen in some time and we got a mention of Spyral; but poor Deathstroke, he just wants to be left alone to do his business and bat people just keep coming out lol...

The Deathstroke and Damian interactions were fun, seeing Deathstroke helping Damian despite the fact that he doesn't care about the kid is totally a Slade thing. And I liked the analytical side of Damian with him figuring out that he was suppose to protect "Ed" instead of "kill" him.

I still want to know what specifically Alfred and Wintergreen are up to and What Tim saw or read that made Damian have doubt ...or maybe the video was taken out of context.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I love this cover - it's the one I bought!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I still can’t see the full picture, but as usual, I find myself enjoying what I’m reading. Art was good too
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yeah i got this cover too. Wish It was available as a poster too.

Great issue. Nice to see Nightshade pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, we have sales numbers for #31 at last!:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-05.html
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-04.html

Deathstroke #30, the first of this arc, was at 38,956
    #31 is at 35,805
    That's a loss of about 3151. Not too bad, I think.

Chinatown part 2, #29, sold 17,677. This year, the title lost about 1,500 issues from December to March, so the loss of new readers is faster than it was before the crossover started, but hopefully we can stabilize higher - even if we drop as strongly as this first drop, we'll still be around 23,405 by the last issue, which is about 6,000 more than we started with. And hopefully the dropoff will taper, and we won't lose a ton when we get to #36.

Maybe I'm being wishful, but I think this series can sustain higher numbers!
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    In May Deathstroke #30 sold additional 5,438 due to, I think, second print. So it looks like interest is there, at least for this arc. As for bigger loss, it is natural for titles that sell higher numbers to drop more in terms of absolute numbers, if you look at it in percentages then the drops are somewhat similar.
    We have June numbers! Sales for #32:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-06.html

June 2018: Deathstroke #32: 38,535
    May 2018: Deathstroke #31: 35,805
    April 2018: Deathstroke #30: 38,956 + 5,438 (2nd printing, I believe)
    March 2018: Deathstroke #29: 17,677

(I don't include either dollar amount or number of issues rankings because I find that pretty pointless - #1s always affect the rankings, so I'm more interested in how the book compares to its own sales from month to month).

Fascinatingly, Deathstroke actually grew significantly between 31 and 32 - increasing sales to shops by 2,730 issues. It didn't quite reach the same amount as issue 30 (especially if you consider the 2nd printing) - 421 below the first printing, 5859 including second printing. But the fact that orders went up significantly from 31 is pretty exciting! Hopefully that means we'll start the post-Batman-vs.-Deathstroke arc from above 30,000, which would be fantastic! (Maybe this is a pipe dream, but I can dream! Seems like I say something like that every sales report, but this jump upwards is a really exciting development!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Maybe because Batman's there?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Maybe because Batman's there?
    Batman was in #31 as well, though. What's the growth between #31 and #32? Possibly the cliffhanger with Talia?

Batman was in #31 as well, though. What's the growth between #31 and #32? Possibly the cliffhanger with Talia?
    Well there is there is no bad publicity method. Namely you turn bad publicity to your advantage and get people to buy your stuff out of anxiety and/or anticipation it worked for the Beauty and the Beast movie.

Well there is there is no bad publicity method. Namely you turn bad publicity to your advantage and get people to buy your stuff out of anxiety and/or anticipation it worked for the Beauty and the Beast movie.
    I haven't seen much publicity for #32 in May/June, though, and the threads (thankfully) seemed to die down, with fewer angry people raging about stuff. So I'm just really curious. Hmmm.

I haven't seen much publicity for #32 in May/June, though, and the threads (thankfully) seemed to die down, with fewer angry people raging about stuff. So I'm just really curious. Hmmm.
    Well whatever it is it worked sometimes I think it pays that Christopher Priest isn't as prominent a writer as Bendis or Tom King what has happened to him is nothing compared to the insanity the other people are aiming King and Bendis.

Well whatever it is it worked sometimes I think it pays that Christopher Priest isn't as prominent a writer as Bendis or Tom King what has happened to him is nothing compared to the insanity the other people are aiming King and Bendis.
    Very true. But he got a lot of nasty garbage thrown at him for the first issue (though a lot of those were likely the same one or two trolls).

Whatever the reason, very excited that we're actually gaining orders (hopefully that also includes sales!)

Very true. But he got a lot of nasty garbage thrown at him for the first issue (though a lot of those were likely the same one or two trolls).

Whatever the reason, very excited that we're actually gaining orders (hopefully that also includes sales!)
    At least Priest won't have to worry about people firebombing his house now. I hope this will continue once the arc ends because if it was because of Batman and Damian then this is not going to look good for Deathstroke going forward. ANd Priest will have to craft a new story to outdo this one and that's not easy even for a pro and he could end up living in his own shadow.