Page 838 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3387387888288348358368378388398408418428488889381338 ... LastLast
Results 12,556 to 12,570 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have just gotten my Avengers by Hickman vol.2 and Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 2 today. Both books look great and the spines needed little relaxing, they are not tight. Reading the middle 3/4 of each of the books behave like they'll lay flat. The first and last 1/8 of them will require holding some though.

Now that Hickman' Avenger run is largely collected and done what are we likely to get next year(movie tie-in as we are used to getting)? I'm hoping for an Avengers vol.4 that picks up with the Kree/Skull war and continues thru about #119(w/Collector). That leaves room to add a few other ancillary titles that might overlap like a Defenders issue or two.

Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme is now 2/3 collected. Leaving only 31 issues left, easily collected. However, volume 3 would start with issue #60 which itself is part 7 of a larger Midnight Sons crossover. I don't like that and I doubt Strange is fully relevant in the other 6 issues. Maybe collect relevant material and place ahead of issue #60 then go forward? It looks like after that the title is mostly self-contained narratively with maybe one other exception. The run ends at issue #90.
    ASM vol 4 with the new movie coming out? It makes a lot of sense.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    I hope that ASM vol. 4 happens, it should and with the 4 labelling. Fear not Marvel Collections, it will be bought, we don't fear the number.
    Spider-man: Far From Home opens after Avengers 4 after all. Would be awesome to get both in 2019!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just recently bought the Werewolf By Night Omnibus and boy is it massive! Should make for a fine read.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm thinking that we may see Daredevil SA Vol. 2 Omnibus what with Season 3 of the DD Netflix series being filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Yep, the omnis cover the entire run except Secret Wars. Once you finish volume 2, you can dive right into Secret Wars.
    I was thinking about getting these instead of the Infinity HC for my Marvel event shelf, since it's collected in volume 1. But would you sandwich the Original Sin HC in between them, or where would it fall chronologically?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I was thinking about getting these instead of the Infinity HC for my Marvel event shelf, since it's collected in volume 1. But would you sandwich the Original Sin HC in between them, or where would it fall chronologically?
    I wouldn't put Original Sin anywhere near Hickman's run. If I had to sandwich it between something, it would probably be a couple of dumpsters. In all seriousness though, there was a good idea behind Original Sin and it should have been better than it was. Unfortunately, for me at least, it ended up being the ultimate screw job to both Nick Fury and Thor.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I would put the Original Sin HC between the two Hickman omnis. Avengers #29-34 is an Original Sin tie-in and is included in the Volume 2 omni.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm thinking that we may see Daredevil SA Vol. 2 Omnibus what with Season 3 of the DD Netflix series being filmed.
    Does that season debut end of this year or first of '19? Could happen for 1Q 2019 if that's when S3 debuts.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Is there any plans to reprint Hickman Avengers Omnibus Volume 1? I see Amazon still takes orders and will ship it when available. I'm wanting to get the new Hickman Avengers Vol 2, but when Vol 1 isn't available it really kinda put a damper on that. Even went to see if I could get it in trades, and while I can easily get the first New Avengers trade, the first trade for Hickman Avengers is out of print as well...

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    I hope that ASM vol. 4 happens, it should and with the 4 labelling. Fear not Marvel Collections, it will be bought, we don't fear the number.
    Spider-man: Far From Home opens after Avengers 4 after all. Would be awesome to get both in 2019!!
    Not sure if I missed something, but why would the number four hinder anyone from buying a book they want?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Not sure if I missed something, but why would the number four hinder anyone from buying a book they want?
    Its the idea of diminishing returns as volumes go up. Having a name makes it seem more special for someone new to buy it rather than jumping in at volume 4.
    So Roger Stern Spiderman omnibus sounds different than Spiderman vol 8 or something.

Note: I'd happily buy Vol 4 and volume numbers don't bother me. I happily bought avengers 3 even though I don't have 1/2.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I have to apologise for so many of my posts being questions, I only got into comics last year.

Would someone mind clearing up what the Earth X series is? I understand it is like Kingdom Come, but as the omnibus is 1300 pages, I'm wondering if it is more like the Ultimate Universe? Is it a separate canon that has some ties to the main Marvel or completely separate?

Would you personally recommend giving the book a go? Thanks.
    Earth X was a 14 issue mini series by Alex Ross and Jim Krueger about an alternate world and history for the Marvel heroes. Ross redesigned most characters based on the story he and Krueger worked out. It was popular enough to get 2 followup mini series Universe X and Paradise X both 14 issues each. There were also some one shot tie ins.

The canon is separate without story ties to the 616 or Ultimate universe. If you're a fan of Alex Ross designs and Elseworld/AU, then you should like it. If those don't appeal to you, then you should pass.

Wiki summary of the series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_X

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Earth X was a 14 issue mini series by Alex Ross and Jim Krueger about an alternate world and history for the Marvel heroes. Ross redesigned most characters based on the story he and Krueger worked out. It was popular enough to get 2 followup mini series Universe X and Paradise X both 14 issues each. There were also some one shot tie ins.

The canon is separate without story ties to the 616 or Ultimate universe. If you're a fan of Alex Ross designs and Elseworld/AU, then you should like it. If those don't appeal to you, then you should pass.

Wiki summary of the series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_X
    Very helpful, thanks! What is Elseworld/AU?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Very helpful, thanks! What is Elseworld/AU?
    DC Imprint for stories that take place outside of canon. Think Kingdom Come and Superman Red Son