Page 609 of 820 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Psylocke 2018 Fleer Ultra X-Men by David Nakayama.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...en-by.html?m=1
    Cute! Is it the only card with Betsy in it?

Gosh I miss my X-Men Card collection. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Laura must be really heavy to hurt her that bad.
    Admantium covered bones... must be heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    Admantium covered bones... must be heavy
    She doesnt have an adamantium skeleton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesnt have an adamantium skeleton
    Yep it's just her claws, the reasion psylock was down is they wanted old man and other Logan to go at it because if a version of Logan that is more then a different hair color takes the stage it's wrong. Even though half the group has fought Logan befor and either one or were at stalemate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yep it's just her claws, the reasion psylock was down is they wanted old man and other Logan to go at it because if a version of Logan that is more then a different hair color takes the stage it's wrong. Even though half the group has fought Logan befor and either one or were at stalemate
    In training sessions Psylocke always seemed to be evenly matched. But she's never one on one trounced Wolverine, except the Madripoor Reveal, and even then it's because he was still loony. But hey gotta take those advantages when ya can.

It's really unfortunate that our favorite character is always a trope for lazy writing. This is why I tend to stay away from her appearing in things. If she isnt one of the main characters, she usually becomes the sacrificial Xman to easily be taken out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    It's really unfortunate that our favorite character is always a trope for lazy writing. This is why I tend to stay away from her appearing in things. If she isnt one of the main characters, she usually becomes the sacrificial Xman to easily be taken out.
    It's one of the reasons that as a Psylocke fan, I temper my "OMG, SHE'S the most popular X-woman and her fanbase is crazy in love and they love how powerful she is, She's teh omegahz!"

But then you read the books she's in. She gets chumped in one panel. Has a WHOLE Trope page dedicated to her being like Worf and getting stomped by everybody. DRIVES.ME.NUTS.
    She deserves a lot more respect than what she gets even in series she's a star in.

I mean Medusa of all people slumped her. AAAAGHHH! Not sayign Medusa is a chump, I actually like her. But while you may be a "Bloody Ninja" you're fighting a woman who can control her hair. You're a Telekinetic. Try to restrain Medusas hair, even if Medusa fights back and overpowers you later, the attempt was there. NOPE! She just gets kayoed.

She has a Brain, a brain filled with Psychic gifts. She won't dominate Medusas mind, but she can implant an Illusion and attack from the side. Psylocke is not built for up front fighting, Ninjas get stomped by people straight up.

This is why I say she will never be better than when Ckaremont first wrote her and Remender's take. They wrote her so well and balanced. She didn't need to be Omega or powerful. She was cunning and smart. Those Medusa panels irks me more than most. The simple fact of what she said right before she was owned was beyond cringe worthy. I also hate when she was knocked out in the first panel of Xmen vs the Attilians. Then Emma of all people to report it. Pretty sure I burned that book.

Yes, I too hate that scene where Medusa takes her out so quickly. It just seems so disrespectful to me. People like Psylocke and Rogue are long-term, vetenary X-Men, they should be given bigger and more plausible taken out scenes.

Recently, i have loved UXF (remender) and UXM (bunn) characterisations and use of powers for Psylocke. They clearly loved the character like us and gave her great new feats and lots of story time.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

"I have a sword." Ugh. You also have telepathic and telekinetic powers and advanced martial arts skills, Bets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    "I have a sword." Ugh. You also have telepathic and telekinetic powers and advanced martial arts skills, Bets.
    That's the reason I despise people being cool with being the "Action Junkie!" When it ALWAYS led up to her getting her ass kicked, gutted, or killed.
    When she uses her brain she only loses once the rest of the team drops or the force is just overwhelming mentally or physically.

Those Psylocke vs. Medusa panels are just plain sad. That should not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Cute! Is it the only card with Betsy in it?

Gosh I miss my X-Men Card collection. :-)
    I think it’s the one only with her.

There’s also a new figure.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...igure.html?m=1
    I don’t care much for it to be honest.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I like the detail on the suit but I'm kinda sick of the bathing suit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That's the reason I despise people being cool with being the "Action Junkie!" When it ALWAYS led up to her getting her ass kicked, gutted, or killed.
    When she uses her brain she only loses once the rest of the team drops or the force is just overwhelming mentally or physically.
    It wouldn't be so bad if writers actually touched on her action junkie personality being a character flaw that puts her into danger. As it stands, she just comes across like she forgets how to use her own powers or doesn't care to as long as she can jump around throwing kicks most of the time. I just re-read AvX Vs. and even though her battle with Daredevil ended in a draw, it was beyond idiotic that she didn't just psycho-blast him.