Page 99 of 146 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Sounds like you're getting Joel Asoro from Sunderland, any opinion on him? I've heard he's a young lad and I think he's a striker?
    I've never heard of the geezer lol. I know nothing of him. I don't think we're the only team in for him though, so it's not a dead cert yet.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

From what I gather, Asoro was one of the very few Sunderland players to escape with an inch of credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    From what I gather, Asoro was one of the very few Sunderland players to escape with an inch of credibility.
    If he's one of Potter's choices from his new scouting team, then I'm optimistic. If he's a Jenkin's target, I'm pessimistic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Belgium goes home.
    Who do I root for now?

I guess, Croatia is the only team who haven't won the tournament, yet.
    I forgot about the 3rd place game on Saturday, which traditionally have been one of the best games of the previous tournaments.
    So Belgium is not going home yet, and I feel like a rematch with England is in order.
    Although, the mentality would be same (not much at stake) the game should take a different tone.

With little less than 3 hours before the start of today's match, one can only hope.
    Otherwise, it's France v England on Sunday and that is bound to bring up some rivalry. At that point, all we need is a German referee to make it more interesting
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

By the by, Juventus comes to Philly on the 25th to play Bayern Munich in a friendly. I wonder if the Bianconeri's latest acquisition, that Ronaldo fellow will be with his new squad when they come here?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, England are coming home, but football isn't. I still don't get England's game plan in this World Cup. Seemed to be, go all gung-ho for the first 25 minutes, loads of attacking, running, chasing the ball etc. then once those 25 minutes were up, sit back and chill out, just to let the other team get into the game. They've been getting away with it until tonight. It bit them against Colombia but penalties saved them. I'm looking forward to the final. The Croatia players seriously need a rest before then. Every knock out game has gone to extra time for them.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I still don't get England's game plan in this World Cup. Seemed to be, go all gung-ho for the first 25 minutes, loads of attacking, running, chasing the ball etc. then once those 25 minutes were up, sit back and chill out, just to let the other team get into the game.
    My British co-worker says, it's the way; Gentlemen play football.

They'll get one more chance to teach the world how's that done against Belgium, on Saturday.
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 07-11-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    My British co-worker says, it's the way; Gentlemen play football.
    Shame some of the English fans don't behave like gentlemen! After beating Sweden they were smashing up cars in the streets, jumping on the rooves etc.

Haha, you can go home England.

Extraordinary Member

Upset that we are out but we did well to even reach the quarter finals. people mocking England are confusing me, besides the humorous 'it's coming home' brigade and a few w!nkers, England fans weren't peeing anyone off.

Upset that we are out but we did well to even reach the quarter finals. people mocking England are confusing me, besides the humorous 'it's coming home' brigade and a few w!nkers, England fans weren't peeing anyone off.
    Looks like they've pee'd off someone to alert Fifa lol.

Chants of a "possible discriminatory" nature by England fans during their World Cup semi-final defeat by Croatia, are being investigated by Fifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Haha, you can go home England.
    They aren't going home just yet. I think we are in for a treat on Saturday for one more clash, against Belgium.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Swansea beat Yeovil 2-1 tonight. We scored a 90th minute screamer apparently. Always good to win, even if it is preseason.

I was hoping for more goals in the France v Belgium game but it wasn't a bad game. I would've preferred Belgium to make it to the final but them's the breaks.
    I'd have preferred Belgium due to my pool but never mind LOL.

At least you won FluffySheep. A win is a win as I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    The only thing i didn't like about the game was Mbappe acting like Neymar and playing in a unproffesional & direspectful way ever since he pulled that stunt during the game with Uruguay he seriously needs to stop doing that (Even Ironically Mbappe's playing for PSG along with Neymar there)
    That's what happens when kids play alongside divas like Neymar or a Ronaldo. They pick up the bad habits.

I've never heard of the geezer lol. I know nothing of him. I don't think we're the only team in for him though, so it's not a dead cert yet.
    I've heard of him, seen a goal he scored that was routine, but I don't know much about him either. All I know is that they've accepted a 2m from you, I don't know who else may or may not be interested in him.

Well, England are coming home, but football isn't. I still don't get England's game plan in this World Cup. Seemed to be, go all gung-ho for the first 25 minutes, loads of attacking, running, chasing the ball etc. then once those 25 minutes were up, sit back and chill out, just to let the other team get into the game. They've been getting away with it until tonight. It bit them against Colombia but penalties saved them. I'm looking forward to the final. The Croatia players seriously need a rest before then. Every knock out game has gone to extra time for them.
    Once they've played Belgium in the third place thing they will be. I'm actually relieved they've lost as the media would've been unreadable for months over it LOL.

Shaqiri is apparently in Liverpool for a medical right now. I see Southampton have made their fourth signing of the summer with Vestergaard joining Armstrong, Gunn and Elyounoussi at the club. Ruben Castro has joined Las Palmas from Real Betis. Joel Asoro is apparently his medical at Swansea today. Bit more info on him for FluffySheep, apparently he scored 3 times in 26 appearances in the Championship last season.

Apparently Chelsea's new manager is going to be an Italian bloke by the name of Maurizio Sarri.

And that's the latest on the transfer front from me today LOL. As for last night's Europa League Qualifier games, it was a mixed bag for the British teams.

Rangers won their first game under Stevie G last night by 2-0, included a late stoppage time penalty as well. Hibernian (the Scottish one) won comfortably last night as well by 6-1 but Shamrock lost 1-0 to AIK in their Europa League Qualifier. I think that was all of them.

Also, there were two MLS games on yesterday with New York City FC beating Montreal Impact 3-0 and Philadelphia Union beating Chicago Fire 4-3, sounds like that was quite the game judging by the scoreline.

Guess that's a positive for Swansea, assuming they do sign him.

If he's one of Potter's choices from his new scouting team, then I'm optimistic. If he's a Jenkin's target, I'm pessimistic lol.
    Wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the by, Juventus comes to Philly on the 25th to play Bayern Munich in a friendly. I wonder if the Bianconeri's latest acquisition, that Ronaldo fellow will be with his new squad when they come here?
    Doubtful. I mean if my team is anything to go by then the Juventus players who've participated in the World Cup will be given up to three weeks off compared to the team-mates who didn't get picked to go (assuming their Country qualified that is).