Page 104 of 116 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1734
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Astonishing writer Matthew Rosenberg's Dazzler excerpt from his CBR interview:
    This makes me SUPER excited!!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

I am, too!! I REALLY liked what he had to say about her, especially THIS:

... Unlike a lot of the Marvel Universe, her role isn’t thrust upon her. She has choices. And she chooses to risk her life saving the world because it’s fun. I love that.
    Makes her sound like a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but still... COOL as HELL!!! Want this to be memorable, and have hopes of it being the definitive, modern take on her character, that'll propel her into an even brighter future. ;D

BANNED

Lightengale unleashes the BRILLIANCE, yet again:
    http://danieldoodles.tumblr.com/

Just wonderful, MASTERFUL - LOVE IT!!

BANNED

In JUST 12 days...

https://twitter.com/AdwinCaban/statu...98110526877701

SHE RETURNS!!

See the LIGHT...

8/1/18!

So the universally reviled Miley Cyrus look is going away?

BANNED

YES, mercifully. But she'd already moved beyond it, as this was how she looked, most recently:

But when it comes to Astonishing...

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-20-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I am, too!! I REALLY liked what he had to say about her, especially THIS:

Makes her sound like a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but still... COOL as HELL!!! Want this to be memorable, and have hopes of it being the definitive, modern take on her character, that'll propel her into an even brighter future. ;D
    I can totally see Alison as a bit of an adrenaline junkie and an interesting character trait for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    YES, mercifully. But she'd already moved beyond it, as this was how she looked, most recently:

That panel is from Dazzler's recent one-shot, but if you want context for it, go read A-Force!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I could see Dazzler being the voice of reason on the team, if/when Alex and Beast (or any of the other members of the team) get to arguing she could easily be the one to point that out and try to get them back to the task at hand and things like that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I can totally see Alison as a bit of an adrenaline junkie and an interesting character trait for her.
    You're right, OBT. The more I think about it, the more it works and, the more I LIKE it. 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That panel is from Dazzler's recent one-shot, but if you want context for it, go read A-Force!
    Its SW #1 was the last floppy I bought, and the last time I visited a not so LCS, over 3 years ago now. Faithfully bought the rest & all of the regular series too tho, on digital @Marvel.com, right up until the end. I enjoyed it well enough while it lasted, 'til it was unceremoniously cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I could see Dazzler being the voice of reason on the team, if/when Alex and Beast (or any of the other members of the team) get to arguing she could easily be the one to point that out and try to get them back to the task at hand and things like that...
    I agree with you, Logan, she has that way about her. She can be pretty practical, a lot of the time, in attempts to avoid needless drama. For eXample, and speaking of A-Force, from CW2:
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-21-2018 at 05:33 AM.

line it drawn

BANNED

ThanX, Juan, that's pretty great!

Also, Luckystar was kind enough to share a preview of Astonishing #14, from SDCC's wholly underwhelming X-men panel:

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It was one of the few highlights. For me, at least.

Ultimate Member

When I see that preview it makes me think that Alex is asking Beast if he can stop Banshee from attacking them as well and Hank isn't sure...not sure about Dazzler with the throwback look unless it's some reunion tour...

BANNED

He does look a lil' worried, as if not sure how controllable Sean actually is. Think Beast might've even implied as much, before unleashing him. That it could backfire, I mean. And AleX knows firsthand, how it feels to be on the receiving end, of the Banshee's sonic scream.

On Dazz's look, eh, it's probably just for her first appearance in the book, as a nostalgic tribute to how she was originally introduced. In all her appearances on the covers, she's been shown in something more reminiscent of her X-outback outfit. I'm not all that worried about or bothered by it, and appreciate it, for what it most likely is.

Ultimate Member

Well I wasn't bothered by it I just hadn't seen that look on her in years, except for that X-Men Legends figure at Gamestop that I saw the last time that I was there, well Dazzler, Lorna, and Domino were all there but... and the last bit was maybe Alex telling Jimmy and Hank to let him do all the talking when they get to talk to Dazzler and Jimmy or Hank says something sarcastic back...