Page 865 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3657658158558618628638648658668678688698759159651365 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,975 of 20767
    Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

On Amazon it says the Kraven's Last Hunt deluxe edition includes "material from" Amazing Spider-Man 634-637. Does anyone know if it includes the main story or just a backup story?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    On Amazon it says the Kraven's Last Hunt deluxe edition includes "material from" Amazing Spider-Man 634-637. Does anyone know if it includes the main story or just a backup story?
    Just the backups, not complete issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I don’t get buying a book that sucks. Were that the case, my bookshelf would be filled with shitty Spider-Man books.
    \ Takes a look at own bookshelf and blushes

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Just the backups, not complete issues.
    Oh, that's disappointing. Thanks for answering!

I don't have any hard or soft cover books that suck
    I did have hundreds of single issues in my house over a
    35 year period that sucked because of changes in writing or the book just sucked
    and I was to pig headed to toss it, especially over the last the last ten years when
    D C and Marvel really swung there picks quick and fast in the comic book mining for crap.

I do have many books with only a few story read and a few I have yet to start reading, but that is
    because I keep adding more books and don't have the reading passion I had years back, but
    I do want all the books I have and will continue to read them story by story and continue to add
    new books .

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    Oh, that's disappointing. Thanks for answering!
    I only bought this for the original storyline, and haven’t read the supplemental stuff. The 6 issues I wanted to read aren’t even half the book, so it’s a pretty good book for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't have any hard or soft cover books that suck.
    Me neither...I have impeccable taste, haha. And I’m frugal. Stingy...maybe miserly, even.

Reminds me of the John Byrne Alpha Flight Omnibus and how I had (or chose too) read through a lot of stores before I got to issue #1 of Alpha Flight.
    I plan on ordering the Fantastic Four Omnibus volume 1 this week, only thing is, I plan on starting with Fantastic Four 232 and moving forward,
    saving all the previous material for reading when ever I feel like it.
    I learned my lesson with the Alpha Flight book.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Reminds me of the John Byrne Alpha Flight Omnibus and how I had (or chose too) read through a lot of stores before I got to issue #1 of Alpha Flight.
    I plan on ordering the Fantastic Four Omnibus volume 1 this week, only thing is, I plan on starting with Fantastic Four 232 and moving forward,
    saving all the previous material for reading when ever I feel like it.
    I learned my lesson with the Alpha Flight book.
    I also own the Alpha Flight Omni. Not his best work, but I’m a huge 70s and 80s Byrne fan.

Some items in my local HPB

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It is the point. While I completely understand wanting a book to be made of quality, I don’t get buying a book that sucks. Were that the case, my bookshelf would be filled with shitty Spider-Man books. Beautifully bound, though.
    So it's okay for Marvel to print books on sub par material, as long as the stories contained therein suck?

Got it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So it's okay for Marvel to print books on sub par material, as long as the stories contained therein suck?

Got it.
    Not at all what I said. I am sorry they botched this print run up for you guys that wanted it.

Spectacular Member

Instock has updated their front page, looks like the Thor Heroes return omnibus and some Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omni's are discounted at 60% off

https://www.instocktrades.com/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Gary Friedrich of Ghost Rider lawsuit fame has passed away from Parkinsons Disease at age 75

Rest in Peace sir.

Now, not sound disrespectful(cause that is not my intent), how long before Marvel starts cranking out Johnny Blaze MMW, Epics and/or Omnis?
    Speculation has been that his lawsuit and the settlement of it were tied to the material not being produced. Assumption being royalties paid to him were the hangup from the settled lawsuit. Would his estate not be entitled to any monies? Surely he knew, due to the Parkinsons, that he was on borrowed time and the settlement would include for that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Gary Friedrich of Ghost Rider lawsuit fame has passed away from Parkinsons Disease at age 75

Rest in Peace sir.

Now, not sound disrespectful(cause that is not my intent), how long before Marvel starts cranking out Johnny Blaze MMW, Epics and/or Omnis?
    Speculation has been that his lawsuit and the settlement of it were tied to the material not being produced. Assumption being royalties paid to him were the hangup from the settled lawsuit. Would his estate not be entitled to any monies? Surely he knew, due to the Parkinsons, that he was on borrowed time and the settlement would include for that.
    Marie Severin also passed away today at age 89