Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great conclusion to the first arc. Hope they do good stuff with the big classic villain because ever since he's been brought back from the dead I've seen no dramatic justification for him being back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I’m really intrigued by this new villain. I want to know his name. Who could he be ?

He knows Peter Intimately

He makes deals with people in what appears to be a typical Demon fashion

He likes centipedes

He brought Mysterio back from the dead during the Back in Black period

I have nothing.
    The Burglar!

For a comic with a predictable out come, I still thought this was a good issue.
    As others have said, Peter and MJ's interactions were good.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of mystery villain, as well as hopefully Black Ant and Taskmaster.
    About the only thing that I was unexcited about was the Sentinels. There are plenty of comics that have used them lately.

BANNED

Loved this issue. The interaction between Peter/Spider-Man was brilliant, and I'm intrigued by this new villain; he's co creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Burglar!
    Hmmm. He is dead and does know who peter is. But he would have also had to of made a deal with someone or something to obtain the power he has. I wonder .... lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Best of all, no one had to save Spidey execpt for Peter Parker.
    One of the best things about Spencer's ASM. Great issue and start to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    One of the best things about Spencer's ASM. Great issue and start to the run.
    Agreed; that was one of the things that I really grew tired of on Slott's run. I get that Slott was/is the biggest Spidey fan ever and that he wanted to play with all the toys in the MU toy chest but his run became Marvel Team Up lite pretty early on and, as you said, I missed reading stories of Spidey solving things on his own and defeating villains on his own. Looks like we may have that once again with Spencer at the helm.

Great finale! I forgot about that little allusion we had previously seen to the big villain at the end. At first I didn't really want to see that guy again, but in Spencer's hands it might be ok.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Loved it, I like the idea of Peter not immediately just finding a reason to toss ol' Fred in prison but rather keeping him close to observe/use/troll. Looking forward to the next issue. My only complaint would be that the Tri-Sentinels did not seem threatening enough. I would like to see Spidey and the X-Men face off against these monsters in a "higher stakes, more emotionally charged" storyline sometime in the future.

Looking forward to next issue and hoping that we will see more of Boomerang's comrades from his Sinister Six (especially Janice) appear.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Incredible Member

I thought it was pretty good. Solid portrayal of Peter and what makes him tick, plenty of laughs, and explosive artwork by Ryan Ottley.

I think the references to modern pop-culture is getting super old quick. Facebook, Arrested Development? It just feels tacky. Especially since I'm not familiar with half the stuff being referenced. I don't mind it every once in a while; it can be funny and relatable. I found it to be overdone in this arc though.

I'll definitely be back in time for Ryan Ottley's return to the book. Now that we know they can bring fun, well-paced, goofy story stories to the Spider-Man world, I'm dying to see how they handle the dramatic/tragic aspects of Peter's life - a necessary ingredient to any great Spider-Man run, and one that requires a delicate touch.

love Boomerang. love Taskmaster and Black Ant. happy that Peter isn't two people any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Looking forward to next issue and hoping that we will see more of Boomerang's comrades from his Sinister Six (especially Janice) appear.
    Me too! Sinister Six. Superior Foes. Hope to see a lot of these characters. Janice and Peter could havee a great antagonistic relationship. She damn near ruined Scott Lang. Don't cross her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Loved it, I like the idea of Peter not immediately just finding a reason to toss ol' Fred in prison but rather keeping him close to observe/use/troll. Looking forward to the next issue. My only complaint would be that the Tri-Sentinels did not seem threatening enough. I would like to see Spidey and the X-Men face off against these monsters in a "higher stakes, more emotionally charged" storyline sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Me too! Sinister Six. Superior Foes. Hope to see a lot of these characters. Janice and Peter could havee a great antagonistic relationship. She damn near ruined Scott Lang. Don't cross her.
    I would love to see them interact more, especially for Peter's reaction to Janice's parentage. To be honest, I would be shipping them pretty hard if I wasn't so enthused about Peter/Mary Jane being back together, and speaking of that, I absolutely loved this issue's beginning and ending scenes with them. Like a refreshing drink of cold water after being stuck in the desert for too long. On a nonromantic note, I do hope Peter starts taking his Spider-Man half's advice about not letting the weight of responsibility (and guilt) crush him emotionally and allowing himself to enjoy life sometimes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Now that Kraven is back, let’s see a good story with him worthy of the decision to undo KLH. So far, we’ve had his Scarlet Spider ‘please kill me’ quest and a Venom ‘dust-up’. Both were okay, but not great. I want to see Kraven elevated to A status by doing something major. Come on Nick, don’t let me down!

- Jason G. Carr

Spectacular Member

Ridiculous ending to an idiotic story stretched out over 5 issues with an incredibly powerful villain/threat just thrown away for some dumb jokes. No improvement over the Slott years. And ad for this spidey/peter split: was there anything under the mask? Or just so much hot air?

Apart from the MJ return (common sense prevails after a decade: yay!), nothing about this is an improvement as of yet over the dire Slott years.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Now that Kraven is back, let’s see a good story with him worthy of the decision to undo KLH. So far, we’ve had his Scarlet Spider ‘please kill me’ quest and a Venom ‘dust-up’. Both were okay, but not great. I want to see Kraven elevated to A status by doing something major. Come on Nick, don’t let me down!
    Yeah, I agree. "Grim Hunt" was presented as such an important tale and, along the way, was as dark and violent as any Spidey story only to yield virtually nothing, at least as far as Peter Parker's world was concerned. There seemed to be no followup plan on the part of the Spidey team at the time and so Kraven got shuttled off to other titles with little consequence there as well. The slow burn to reveal Kraven over these first 5 issues fills me with hope that Spencer will indeed delver for us this time; at least, I certainly hope so!