Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have a quick question, I know it sells itself as having comics and people have been talking about the lack of comics but did anyone actually subscribe to this just for the comics? Cause I only knew people who were into this for all the old cartoons and the original series.
    I think there may have been a lot of people that saw this as DC's version of Marvel Unlimited but I never thought it was like that myself. I signed up for the shows and old cartoons so for me access to comics is just a perk similar to having access to manga is with my Crunchyroll paid subscription. I know a lot of people seem disappointed with what's on there at the moment but I'm not really disappointed myself. I do like that there area several older series that I haven't been able to read yet. I do expect though that they will expand the comic offerings as well as the rest of it. I'd say just just give it some time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Needs more comics. Otherwise it’s a good start, I hope they continue to expand the content offered.
    yes it feels empty right now

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Anyone been on the forums yet
    Yup. Not organized in the best way though. Certain users have spammed some crappy threads with really long titles. I hope they reorganize it and get some moderation too.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Kon93

I feel they wanted to make the forums look nice, but when they did it ruin the userability of it.

They need to use the page to page format, not the constant click to bring up older posts.

Edit posts

Upload pics

Refresh button on app

Anything else they should think about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I feel they wanted to make the forums look nice, but when they did it ruin the userability of it.

They need to use the page to page format, not the constant click to bring up older posts.

Edit posts

Upload pics

Refresh button on app

Anything else they should think about?
    It would be nice of you could quote a poster or at the very least directly reply to them under their post like on Reddit.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

I think it's pretty amazing so far. My only real complaint is that I can't get it on my actual television yet. I'm enjoying the heck out of it on my laptop.

There have been a lot of complaints that the comics section is too light in some areas (though others are extraordinary - back issues like crazy including so much classic Brave and the Bold, JLA, Birds of Prey, various classic Batman series like Confidential, Shadow of the, etc) but they're updating constantly. Yesterday only one issue of The Dark Knight Returns was on there but today all 4 issues are there.

Today the various live-action Batman movies aren't up either but they're scheduled to almost all be there (Batman '89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) tomorrow for Batman Day and the official launch of the service.

Also the entirety of B:TAS is meant to be added though they only have three seasons up now. I assume it's because of them upgrading the whole series for HD.

Nobody should expect the current list of comics (which is already pretty extensive if you have interest in classic or pre-New 52 DC comics) to stop growing or any other part of the service either. They clearly intend to add a lot more as it becomes available.

For $75 a year? Being a huge DC fan for life, that's a better deal by far than I'm getting from any streaming service.

This morning they only had Part One of The Dark Knight Returns animated movie. I just refreshed and now Part Two is up as well. They are clearly adding a lot of stuff in time for tomorrow's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think it's pretty amazing so far. My only real complaint is that I can't get it on my actual television yet. I'm enjoying the heck out of it on my laptop.

There have been a lot of complaints that the comics section is too light in some areas (though others are extraordinary - back issues like crazy including so much classic Brave and the Bold, JLA, Birds of Prey, various classic Batman series like Confidential, Shadow of the, etc) but they're updating constantly. Yesterday only one issue of The Dark Knight Returns was on there but today all 4 issues are there.

Today the various live-action Batman movies aren't up either but they're scheduled to almost all be there (Batman '89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) tomorrow for Batman Day and the official launch of the service.

Also the entirety of B:TAS is meant to be added though they only have three seasons up now. I assume it's because of them upgrading the whole series for HD.

Nobody should expect the current list of comics (which is already pretty extensive if you have interest in classic or pre-New 52 DC comics) to stop growing or any other part of the service either. They clearly intend to add a lot more as it becomes available.

For $75 a year? Being a huge DC fan for life, that's a better deal by far than I'm getting from any streaming service.
    My only real complaint is that the app is not yet available for Kindle Fire, Fire TV or the PS4 yet so I can only access it on my phone which is not ideal or on my ancient laptop which is on its last legs I think. I can deal with it for the time being but hopefully something will change soon or I may be considering not renewing it in a year. I like the service but I'm not really interested in reading my comics or watching the shows and so forth on my phone permanently.

Listed under Batman Day Batman TAS, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Batman (89), Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Ninja, Batman Gotham by Gaslight, Batman Year One, Batman Under the Red Hood, Batman Beyond, Batman the Brave and the Bold, Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, Batman Dark Knight Returns, Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Batman Bad Blood, Batman Assault on Gotham, Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Mystery of the Batwoman, and Batman Gotham Knights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

I do like their playlist to introduce chracters

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just a warning, apparently the Tim Burton Batman films they added today will expire on the 30th this month, so watch them soon if you are interested. I think it was just a special upload for batman day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a warning, apparently the Tim Burton Batman films they added today will expire on the 30th this month, so watch them soon if you are interested. I think it was just a special upload for batman day.
    Interesting you’d think since they own all the rights to their own movies they’d keep them up indefinitely. That’s what should make this app so appealing they can have all forms of DC media on here at all times and it’ll just keep growing because it’s their shows movies etc. my ideal dream for this app is to be just a growing hub not a rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Interesting you’d think since they own all the rights to their own movies they’d keep them up indefinitely. That’s what should make this app so appealing they can have all forms of DC media on here at all times and it’ll just keep growing because it’s their shows movies etc. my ideal dream for this app is to be just a growing hub not a rotation
    Since internet streaming is a new form of distribution, and almost not certainly covered by the contracts they have with Tim Burton as director, the screenwriters, the composer, the lead cinematographer, and possibly some other people, it's not certain they have the rights to put it up in perpetuity. Putting it up for a limited time can likely fall under existing deals or be done for a fixed cost, but a permanent placement might run into contract issues here, or cause too high running costs. And a lot of this is regulated by copyright laws in this case.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It would be stupid to remove television and movie content unless they’re required to, DC clearly will have only so much material to work with, unlike the comics where rotation works given there are nearly eighty years of material to utilise.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    My only real complaint is that the app is not yet available for Kindle Fire, Fire TV or the PS4 yet so I can only access it on my phone which is not ideal or on my ancient laptop which is on its last legs I think. I can deal with it for the time being but hopefully something will change soon or I may be considering not renewing it in a year. I like the service but I'm not really interested in reading my comics or watching the shows and so forth on my phone permanently.
    I'm pretty irritated today. Was assured it would be on Apple TV today. I have an old Apple TV device attached to my TV but its software is up to date and it sees all other streaming services. DC Universe is a no-show still today on my Apple TV box, though I pre-ordered on the first day it was available and planned around the launch date (invited a friend over to watch on TV, not on my laptop).

I've submitted help tickets to DCU but no replies yet. I can forgive a rocky launch but this is pretty irritating.

If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it. I have an Apple TV box attached to a non-smart TV and also a smart Vizio-brand TV that gets all other streaming apps.