Page 98 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Have mercy.

The Boogeyman is cultural and the Murica' version of that isn't gonna change that quickly. No way no how. It don't matter how many lost Caucasian's kick the **** out of their moms the morning of, raid the gun cabinet and go gunning down people. It would be just a Wednesday.
    So glad I never moved out the "hood".

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    bu bu bu but Chicago!
    You beat me to the punch with the Chicago reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Have mercy.

The Boogeyman is cultural and the Murica' version of that isn't gonna change that quickly. No way no how. It don't matter how many lost Caucasian's kick the **** out of their moms the morning of, raid the gun cabinet and go gunning down people. It would be just a Wednesday.
    For me, it was the Sandy Hook shooting, I knew if nothing was done after that, we'd never do anything about guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A youtube poster pointed out that perhaps the biggest problem in America is untreated mental illness.
    it obviously plays a role

but it ain't like other populations aren't mentally ill as well and they don't go into random places and shooting them up
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I had to look up incel.....dayum!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I get that. It's just with these fantasy/sci-fi franchises we've been talking about it's usually that people with powers have them because they're "special" and different than the average person.
    You sometimes see fantasy worlds where nearly everybody can do some magic, but few can do the big stuff. I'm thinking Fritz Lieber type of stuff.

But so much of Fantasy is based off of Tolkien for whom mages were higher beings just pretending to be human to work with them better, and Dunedain, who are like a separate, higher version of Humans.

Then throw in your Elves, Dwarves and Hobbits with Orcs at the bottom.

The best a normal Human could do in the world of Tolkien power/skillwise is end up like Faramir or Boromir.

IMO, Tolken wasn't so much about chosen ones as he was about these people are better than these other people by definition.

Conservatives stay throwing black-on-black crime in people's faces. Folks love to bring up Chicago.

Yet, we have this Pym-Particle infused elephant dressed as Red Sonja steadily growing in the room....

White males who perpetrate these mass shooting are so random. White women calling the police on black folks (or just harassing them) do so for the most absurd reasons. The common thread is that folks are engaging in every day life, doing the most mundane of activities, and then one person unleashes hell.

A youtube poster pointed out that perhaps the biggest problem in America is untreated mental illness.
    But whenever we bring up the subject of mental health, the same Republicans say that we don't have the money in the budget for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You sometimes see fantasy worlds where nearly everybody can do some magic, but few can do the big stuff. I'm thinking Fritz Lieber type of stuff.

But so much of Fantasy is based off of Tolkien for whom mages were higher beings just pretending to be human to work with them better, and Dunedain, who are like a separate, higher version of Humans.

Then throw in your Elves, Dwarves and Hobbits with Orcs at the bottom.

The best a normal Human could do in the world of Tolkien power/skillwise is end up like Faramir or Boromir.

IMO, Tolken wasn't so much about chosen ones as he was about these people are better than these other people by definition.
    Kind of like with Dragon Ball from Z onward. There's Saiyans at the top and everyone else at the bottom.

Ah, the days when strategy could actually win fights instead of the heroes just busting out stronger techniques and transformations.

Mighty Member

I had to look up incel.....dayum!!!!!
    .....urban dictionary?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kind of like with Dragon Ball from Z onward. There's Saiyans at the top and everyone else at the bottom.

Ah, the days when strategy could actually win fights instead of the heroes just busting out stronger techniques and transformations.
    Consider the plight of poor, poor Tenshihan.

Dude is in canon, a border line hermit that does nothing but train to get stronger.

That means dude was training to get stronger during every series time skip,

What did he get for all that effort?

He's stronger than Yamcha, a dude that stopping trying to catch up by the end of Z.

THAT'S IT.

The minute anybody in Z, Roshi, Krillian, Gohan begins training, no matter how long the layoff was that character will shoot so far past Ten in the power rankings that its hilarious.

In Super Gohan's "I didn't train all, I also forgot how to go Super Sayan and lost all my muscle gains, bro" form is far stronger than Ten who lives to train.

Tenshinan's entire reason for being is futile, its a good thing for him, he doesn't seem to notice

Dude is in canon, a border line hermit that does nothing but train to get stronger.

He's stronger than Yamcha, a dude that stopping trying to catch up by the end of Z.

THAT'S IT.

The minute anybody in Z, Roshi, Krillian, Gohan begins training, no matter how long the layoff was that character will shoot so far past Ten in the power rankings that its hilarious.

In Super Gohan's "I didn't train all, I also forgot how to go Super Sayan and lost all my muscle gains, bro" form is far stronger than Ten who lives to train.

Tenshinan's entire reason for being is futile, its a good thing for him, he doesn't seem to notice
    Dragonball, as a franchise, would be so much more interesting if Goku had never come back after Gohan defeated Cell.

It should have been about Gohan and Trunks as the main characters from that point on.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Dragonball, as a franchise, would be so much more interesting if Goku had never come back after Gohan defeated Cell.

It should have been about Gohan and Trunks as the main characters from that point on.
    Toriyama wanted to do that, but either the fans or the editors wanted Goku back. Now that I think about it, he probably wanted to end Dragonball after the cell saga.

I'm still waiting to see how the F91 era came to pass. I love the UC timeline.

The newtype evolution makes more sense to me.
    Sunrise has finally decided to focus on the post CCA section of the Universal Century, if only in small increments, so you may get your wish soon. Also I suppose you can't beat the prospect of an entire race evolving someday. The closest seen in the Gundam metaseries would be the Innovators in Gundam 00 where after the events of the movie most of humanity evolved into Innovators.

THAT'S IT.

Tien can always say that he dated Launch, that counts for something. Also dude went to fight Frieza's army not once but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

As a Gohan fan I'm biased but I would've loved to him take over but Goku is just too popular to retire I believe. Still would've been fun to see Gohan the reluctant warrior as the hero of Earth.
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 11-08-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Tamara & Tia lost their niece (Tamara's husband side) in the shooting.

For me, it was the Sandy Hook shooting, I knew if nothing was done after that, we'd never do anything about guns.
    Let a few more POC be the shooters and NOT target other POC-you will see laws changed NRA be damned.

But whenever we bring up the subject of mental health, the same Republicans say that we don't have the money in the budget for it.
    The budget is there. They just don't want to do what needs to be done. Weed out abusers of welfare and other services that they don't really need. The issue is those abusers are NOT mainly POC. Enforce laws properly you don't have overcrowd jails of POC for silly charges in some states.

You can find a lot of money when you clear out DEAD weight.

White males who perpetrate these mass shooting are so random. White women calling the police on black folks (or just harassing them) do so for the most absurd reasons. The common thread is that folks are engaging in every day life, doing the most mundane of activities, and then one person unleashes hell.
    Because you have folks who have gotten DRUNK off of what Number 45 and many OTHERS before him have preached.
    POC & LGBT are taking over and you need to FIGHT back.

Doesn't all this mirror what is going on in comics??? How many "folks" have preached SJW is taking over? How many creators of color & LGBT have been attacked by one main demographic?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I wanna get laaaaaid! Wanna get laid so baaaad! Women don't put out, so now I feel saaaad!
    I'm a straight white male, I don't deserve to fail!
    Why these chicks put out for Chads? Why do they drop skirts for Brads?
    It's not my fault, cuz they're all whores! And I can't stands it anymore!
    Shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot up a bar! I'm gonna drive down there in my mama's car!
    If I can't shoot my load in a girl! Then I'mma shoot my loads at the wooooorld!
    I'm not giving up, all right? (alt right). I still wanna die, even though I'm white.
    Life can never end well! When you deny all your lovin' to a loving incel, oh yeeeeeeeah!

But seriously, all those people should be erased from God's notebook. Sometimes I feel like we all live in an issue of "What if?"
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 11-08-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tamara & Tia lost their niece (Tamara's husband side) in the shooting.

Let a few more POC be the shooters and NOT target other POC-you will see laws changed NRA be damned.

The budget is there. They just don't want to do what needs to be done. Weed out abusers of welfare and other services that they don't really need. The issue is those abusers are NOT mainly POC. Enforce laws properly you don't have overcrowd jails of POC for silly charges in some states.

You can find a lot of money when you clear out DEAD weight.

Because you have folks who have gotten DRUNK off of what Number 45 and many OTHERS before him have preached.
    POC & LGBT are taking over and you need to FIGHT back.

Doesn't all this mirror what is going on in comics??? How many "folks" have preached SJW is taking over? How many creators of color & LGBT have been attacked by one main demographic?
    One of the most recent shooters was a confirmed "comicsgater". The hate is all coming from the same place, crazy white supremacists that are overly threatened by minorities. It was never about "identity politics", it was always about minorities getting too big for their "britches" and simply stopping them.

As per domestic terror, it's nothing for black people, it's been happening for centuries. Some crazy white people have (and still) terrorized black and other minorities for centuries and when they couldn't openly rape them, lynch them or some such, they resorted to "institutionalization" of their cause, hence racist cops and the likes.

To paraphrase what I saw in another thread, white supremacy and institutionalized racism is very much an American thing. White manifest destiny (which is one of the pillars of White Supremacy) is very much an American philosophy that was just adopted by the Europeans. Nazi Germany, Racist South Africa e.t.c were simply inspired by what they saw in the US, the US is the home and originator of violent, institutionalized, anti-minority terrorism. And it has never stopped because too many non-minorities simply turn a blind eye to it. That ultimately is what pushed Trump into power, he's saying what they really feel and are too afraid to say publicly. As Dave Chapelle said, Trump didn't suddenly make America more racist, he's only singing their greatest hits.