Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

rest in peace Stan

BANNED

New interview with Nick Spencer

Turns out Peter and MJ's recent reunion was Quesada's idea!

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...ick-spencer/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Didn't Spencer previously say he was under the impression that he couldn't reunite Peter/MJ until he asked about it and was surprised to know he could?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Didn't Spencer previously say he was under the impression that he couldn't reunite Peter/MJ until he asked about it and was surprised to know he could?
    I believe so, perhaps it was a mutual meeting of the minds. Spencer probably had alternative ideas in case he could'nt, but was surprised to get the green light

However, a while ago Quesada had a twitter exchange with someone who was asking him when the third part of the OMD trilogy would be coming, and he implied it was on it's way, so he might think the end of the decade is a good place for an event that size-mic

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I believe so, perhaps it was a mutual meeting of the minds. Spencer probably had alternative ideas in case he could'nt, but was surprised to get the green light

However, a while ago Quesada had a twitter exchange with someone who was asking him when the third part of the OMD trilogy would be coming, and he implied it was on it's way, so he might think the end of the decade is a good place for an event that size-mic
    WHY. WHY IS THIS A THING? I thought Quesada was done trying to screw with Peter and MJ?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    WHY. WHY IS THIS A THING? I thought Quesada was done trying to screw with Peter and MJ?
    I wonder what would a third part even be? The only thing that seems to make the most sense to me is it coming full circle and them getting married again. Maybe that was his intention the whole time and he was waiting for the right timing/opportunity? Who knows, but it's at least good to hear about how Spencer feels about MJ and how good of a character she is, so if we end up getting even just one or two pure relationship stories from him, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wonder what would a third part even be? The only thing that seems to make the most sense to me is it coming full circle and them getting married again. Maybe that was his intention the whole time and he was waiting for the right timing/opportunity? Who knows, but it's at least good to hear about how Spencer feels about MJ and how good of a character she is, so if we end up getting even just one or two pure relationship stories from him, I'll be happy.
    Man. If this is just leading to another kick in the gut like OMIT, I will be so mad...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

From my recollection in the interviews, the third part might not have anything to do with MJ. It covers something else that changed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    From my recollection in the interviews, the third part might not have anything to do with MJ. It covers something else that changed.
    Hmmm. I have no trust in anything related to OMD. If they want to retcon something else, I think that's dumb, but why would it be part of the "trilogy" if it's the only part of those three that don't deal with kicking fans of the Peter/MJ relationship (and marriage) in the gut?

Hmmm. I have no trust in anything related to OMD. If they want to retcon something else, I think that's dumb, but why would it be part of the "trilogy" if it's the only part of those three that don't deal with kicking fans of the Peter/MJ relationship (and marriage) in the gut?
    From what I recall of Quesada's comments, it dealt with something affected by One More Day, but it was more of a tangent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

From what I recall of Quesada's comments, it dealt with something affected by One More Day, but it was more of a tangent.
    Here's hoping that I never have to read it.

Ironic. Guess he knows something we don't.

Here's hoping that I never have to read it.
    Easiest way to do that would be to not buy it when it comes out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Easiest way to do that would be to not buy it when it comes out.
    Well, yes. But I mean "here's hoping it doesn't touch anything I care about."

I wonder if his idea might have changed over the years, just because I don't really see a reason now to tell a story about something else that changed because of One More Day completely separate of Peter and MJ. Like Miles To Go mentioned, I do remember seeing that tweet from Quesada a few months ago about his final instalment still in the works, so I'm at least curious to find out what exactly it is he wants to do, and why so long after.

The third part will revolve around what happened to Debra Whitman's tell-all book.