Page 484 of 492 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well, many of your last posts imply that you have some problem with the Inhumans having comics and some spotlight (as you kept insisting in the "push" and the "failure") and made me wonder if you are aware that this is an appreciation thread.
    Uh, no. They haven't. We're having a discussion about whether or not there was a push, which turned into a debate about what constitutes a push in the first place. I'm not sure how anyone is getting the idea that a push is inherently negative. A lot of characters get pushes. The Guardians of the Galaxy got a push. Black Panther got a push. Ant-Man got a push.

I only mentioned that it was a "failure" in reference to people asking why a series like Death of the Inhumans was commissioned in the first place and to what end was the point of tearing down a lot of the stuff people like Soule had been writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would rather see that hate thread buried and forgotten than brought back.
    Go on it and just start making post about cool Inhuman stories eventually it will be deleted or become a second Appreciation thread.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In the case of Daredevil, there was a push. In the time of the debut of Netflix series, there were series for Kingpin, Electra and Bullseye. (or were they stealth miniseries or one-shots?) Anyway,there were a push than seemed like a push for a Daredevil-verse, but it was brief. Six months only.
    I'm curious what the plan was for that. It was clear from Rosenberg's Kingpin run as well as the end of the Elektra story (sorry, I can't remember who wrote it) that there were bigger plans that never happened.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ms Marvel & Moon Girl are proof of that. Marvel Rising is too. The backdoor to Inhumans lies in what is done with them.
    I would be interested to see how they handle Ms. Marvel's origin when the movie inevitably gets made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I would be interested to see how they handle Ms. Marvel's origin when the movie inevitably gets made.
    Ya, I feel it just saves time if they do the MCU version of the Terrigen cloud with the whole fish pills.

Ultimate Member

You really don't have to mention them if you do a film on her.

Look at Static-all we know is he got infected by a gas meant to kill gang members and it gave him powers.

No one has ever thought of explaining the origin of that gas.

She can be the same way and if we get more than one film-they can pop up in say Ms Marvel 3.

Or take liberties to say she's related to someone in the Royal Family. Or be like Flint.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ya, I feel it just saves time if they do the MCU version of the Terrigen cloud with the whole fish pills.
    Yea. That made no sense. There was so little Terrigen that fell in the ocean. They said "contaminated waters" in the ABC show, but I hope they neglect that. If Coulson's going to be in Captain Marvel, maybe they could bring something else from AoS.

Yeah, I'm not really sure I see them acknowledging the Inhuman element there.

I think they might connect her to the Eternals and how they'll factor into the MCU since they seem to be taking up the spot the Inhumans were going to have (and Feige actually seems invested in them as a property).

(Which then begs the question of whether they'll then retcon that into the comics).

I will always feel that at least most of the cast tried to do their best. There were some good moment, though overshadowed by the non.

It would be a shame if not mentioned at all. A real dis-service to her story. It would be better if once the comic status quo is resolved/reinvented and catches up with Ms Marvel and/or other Nu-humans, that it be delicately mentioned in Ms M's movie/show, and then slowly expanded on.

The idea of the original Inhumans (waaaaay back in the # 30s and 40s of the FF title) were they were on the run and wore masks - Medusa did, as a mystery. Mystery approach.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon, but we all should remember

that G of G was only known amongst comic fans but became bigger than life. The Inhumans don't need to be bigger than life - or

the X-Men - -

but they should still be a part of the MCU somehow.

I imagine they are more likely to tie her origins to Captain Marvel than cross the street all the way too the Eternals. As for the comics, it's impossible to tell, sometimes they leave it alone and sometimes they go full synergy. They haven't really changed origins much. From what I have seen better selling characters do alright but lower selling characters get the full thing in the hopes movie viewers will recognize them and buy comics. For example the Agents of shield comics bent over backwards to be like the show. Meanwhile Thor was Jane for a long time, Cap was Sam, and Groot can talk now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I imagine they are more likely to tie her origins to Captain Marvel than cross the street all the way too the Eternals. As for the comics, it's impossible to tell, sometimes they leave it alone and sometimes they go full synergy. They haven't really changed origins much. From what I have seen better selling characters do alright but lower selling characters get the full thing in the hopes movie viewers will recognize them and buy comics. For example the Agents of shield comics bent over backwards to be like the show. Meanwhile Thor was Jane for a long time, Cap was Sam, and Groot can talk now.
    Well the Inhuman route would allow them to tie in I mean Carol is a human enhanced by the Kree, or has Kree dna, or it was a mix I don't really care any more but the point is human and kree being mixed with some science

They could also conceivably tie her to whatever they're doing with the Eternals.

I really doubt they would turn in her in a eternal. It wouldn't have sense and I don't see how it could be interesting giving her more powers and turn her in a ridiculous op character, people would lost interest in her.

You're thinking too literal. Just because something happens a certain way in the comics doesn't mean the movies follow it exactly.