Page 186 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 861361761821831841851861871881891901962362866861186 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 36888
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As an outsider looking in with admittedly -very- little knowledge of UK politics, I kind of thought that Brexit would ultimately turn out to be for the best for the country (unlike say over here with Trump where I understood we were in for what I then could only describe as "rough times ahead"). But seeing how the arrangement and agreement is being bungled, now I'm not so sure.
    Most economists have looked at it and concluded that it's pretty much only going to economically hurt us. We've had an exodus of international businesses which has lost us billions of pounds in revenue which is only set to increase and we'll be making our trading position with our largest and closest trading partner much worse than it is now.

It's a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Most economists have looked at it and concluded that it's pretty much only going to economically hurt us. We've had an exodus of international businesses which has lost us billions of pounds in revenue which is only set to increase and we'll be making our trading position with our largest and closest trading partner much worse than it is now.

It's a bad call.
    I did say -very- little knowledge. But as I'm not part of the EU my knowledge of how it works is very limited and probably flawed as hell, but in my head the EU is kind of like a bossy committee that makes a bunch of rules that your just stuck with and might be too restrictive or whatever. But again, this is probably extremely flawed and from the view of an outsider with no skin in the game and thus very little motivation to learn more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I did say -very- little knowledge. But as I'm not part of the EU my knowledge of how it works is very limited and probably flawed as hell, but in my head the EU is kind of like a bossy committee that makes a bunch of rules that your just stuck with and might be too restrictive or whatever. But again, this is probably extremely flawed and from the view of an outsider with no skin in the game and thus very little motivation to learn more about it.

My wifi hotspot is pretty slow this time of day (I'm downloading the latest Gridman at like 30kBs right now) so I tend not to watch youtube videos. Sorry!

Speed ticks up a lot during night hours for some reason (up to like 300-600 kBs) so good thing I'm a night owl.

Extraordinary Member

What didn't you like?
    The part where three main characters torture someone for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The part where three main characters torture someone for fun
    It's just a reminded that for as fabulous as they are, they're all still Mafioso gangsters.

So RWBY

we learn what Ozpin's plan really is

spoilers:
    Ozpin doesn't have one. He never had one at all. He has been making it up as he goes along and everyone has lost faith in him even more now
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

For the future, when talking about RWBY could you specify which episode you're referring to? It can be confusing since some poeple are just now getting episode 3, while others have Episode 4

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It's just a reminded that for as fabulous as they are, they're all still Mafioso gangsters.
    It's still out of character for both them and Giorno

It's still out of character for both them and Giorno
    How?

Narancia and Fuugo almost killed each other over a math problem and right after this scene Mista hopped on shore to shoot a guy in the legs.

Giorno just a few episodes ago iced a guy with a banana out of cold revenge, just in case the audience wasn't sure if he was Dio's son.

They're goofy, juvenile and above all glamorous, but they're also soldiering for a major crime syndicate. Bruno, Abbacchio and Giorno are just the least psycho, and they still do things like lick the opposition and make people drink their piss.

Extraordinary Member

How?

Narancia and Fuugo almost killed each other over a math problem and right after this scene Mista hopped on shore to shoot a guy in the legs.

Giorno just a few episodes ago iced a guy with a banana out of cold revenge, just in case the audience wasn't sure if he was Dio's son.

They're goofy, juvenile and above all glamorous, but they're also soldiering for a major crime syndicate. Bruno, Abbacchio and Giorno are just the least psycho, and they still do things like lick the opposition and make people drink their piss.
    Because torturing people for fun is the kinda stuff Araki has his villains do to make the audience hate them. Remember that Giorno's dream is to reform the Mob. This is the kinda behaviour that both he and Bruno want to stamp out of Passione

Because torturing people for fun is the kinda stuff Araki has his villains do to make the audience hate them. Remember that Giorno's dream is to reform the Mob. This is the kinda behaviour that both he and Bruno want to stamp out of Passione
    Yes, everybody is aware that Giorno Giovanna has a dream. It's also apparent that while there are certain lines he won't cross, he also feels the ends justify the means, and he can't reform the mob without rubbing out the top.

Unlike the Stardust Crusaders and the Morioh-cho kids, the Passione boys lean in a greyer area and more on the antihero side of things.

Yes, everybody is aware that Giorno Giovanna has a dream. It's also apparent that while there are certain lines he won't cross, he also feels the ends justify the means, and he can't reform the mob without rubbing out the top.

Unlike the Stardust Crusaders and the Morioh-cho kids, the Passione boys lean in a greyer area and more on the antihero side of things.
    I mean, in Stardust Crusaders, Kakyoin forcefed somebody ****. Araki being fine with weird torture stuff is pretty well established.

Also, Bruno and Giorno don't really have a stance on torture. They just want to stop innocent purple getting hurt by the mob and stop drugs being dealt to kids.

If you're in the mob and in their way then all bets are off.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

eh i'm fine with them like that. they are both kids and gangsters.

Ah, there's classic Jason Todd!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.