Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

When have we ever seen Psylock put 1000's of people to sleep all at once? Has that ever happened? Ever?

They are in a field in Kansas...how much metal could Polaris possibly grab. Not only that but the dupes would still be able to create more dupes by being restrained just due to the kinetic energy. Tapping their feet and so on. To add... for Polaris could not control the metal in 1000's of people all at once, that for a fact has not happened. She probably has tried that trick on a few of them...but I would imagine the end result would be more dupes being created when they hit the ground.

Storm could potentially Freeze them all but again that would lead to death ,more then likely. Which is not something she does. Then you have to think of the ramifications to the environment and the risk it places on her team. Don't think Storm can suck the air out of 1000's people all at once. If she could it would make a very boring comic. Plus the end result would be the dupes falling to the ground creating more dupes. Lord knows she can't keep that up for ever.

Face it gang. Multiple Man as he is being presented is a credible threat for that team. He had the numbers at the beginning and the way his powers work having the numbers just make him crazy OP once he gets going. The trick is stopping him before he even gets started.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Honestly, I can't wait for Cyclops and Wolverine to take over, so discussions on why they don't insta-win with their god-like powers won't happen here anymore. Because thank the god of common sense their powersets are reasonable enough for them to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Honestly, I can't wait for Cyclops and Wolverine to take over, so discussions on why they don't insta-win with their god-like powers won't happen here anymore. Because thank the god of common sense their powersets are reasonable enough for them to struggle.
    Cyclops can easily blow up a mountain with his optic blasts, and can use banked shots to hit teleporters and speedsters. He can also make wide range shots that would clear out the area.

Wolverine is a self healing, indestructible tank with Claws that have cut Thanos. Hes taken a nuke and healed back and 100s of year of experience, and has a mind that low level Telepaths can't get through,with his enhanced speed and stamina, he'd clear through this easily.

Jk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Cyclops can easily blow up a mountain with his optic blasts, and can use banked shots to hit teleporters and speedsters. He can also make wide range shots that would clear out the area.

Wolverine is a self healing, indestructible tank with Claws that have cut Thanos. Hes taken a nuke and healed back and 100s of year of experience, and has a mind that low level Telepaths can't get through,with his enhanced speed and stamina, he'd clear through this easily.

Jk
    LOL you had to find a way, didn't you
    Maybe Adam-X and Glob Herman should take over. There's no way people would question those two jobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Jk
    No...it wouldn't be easy.

With the numbers of dupes on the field I think the X-Men would need the full team together to take him out. Here's how I would stop Multiple Man in the current situation.

1. Work Together: Storm needs to do her best to get the team to keep the numbers of the MM's low until the rest of the team has arrived. Storm should have had the team coordinate powers between herself,Nightcrawler, and Psylocke. While having the other half of the team play defensive line men.

2. Coordination: Step one Psylocke would have to use her telepathy to mind whamy a few MM's at a time either by causing them to sleep or giving them headaches.(there is no way she could get all of them by herself.) Storm use's the air/wind to lift a the dupes Psylocke has minded whamy, while at the same time being sure to be gentle enough to not create more MM's. Nightcrawler would proceed to teleport those MM's 2-4 miles away from the crowd. Polaris would be on Force Field duty to try to contain sections of the MM's as she could. (I seriously doubt she could get all of them either.)Which is why Cannonball and Jubilee would use there powers to push back the stragglers. I'm thinking creating ditches/trenches, Jubilee blinding some of them, or something similar to help slow them down and/or contain them briefly. They would have to do this until the other team arrives.

3. Second Team Arrives: This is were neutralization of the threat comes in. Jean and Psylocke would combine there Telepathic powers to slow down and put the MM's to sleep, headaches, whatever to need to throw them off and not create more dopes. (Again, I seriously doubt they have the power to get all of them at once.) Storm and Northstar are on catch duty now. Using their abilities to softly place the MM's to the ground. Iceman would join Polaris on containing as many MM's as they can in force fields and domes until Jean, Psylocke, Storm, and Northstar can get to them. While Bishop, X-23, Cannonball, Jubilee, and now Nightcrawler play defense linemen on the stragglers doing their best not to create more dupes .

Thats how I see them working through this in the best way possible without hurting MM or each other in the process. There may be other way's but most would for sure require the full teams help. (Unless the writer decides to fan wank one of his favorites)

However, Multiple Man strategy is a pretty straight forward one. If he was in charge of his mental facilities. (which I don not believe he is some how.) All he has to do after he created his first 100 or so MM's is to have six MM's , one in each conner of the mob, simply be in charge of creating more dupes. The ones that are fighting would naturally create more but the six MM's in the corners would ensure that the army keeps growing. Making it even more difficult for them to be taken down. If the "real" Jamie/Multiple Man is even there his plan should be just to oversee the battle. Maybe weave his way around the mob, acting as if he is fighting, to ensure his MM's doesn't need more tropes or to resorb injured dupes and then spread that damage out by creating more.

Not a perfect plan for MM mind you but it be effective. His only real goal is to overwhelm his opponents eventually they will all fall without a effective strategy.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don't see why the hell so many people are mad about the Madrox situation...

1 - There are like thousands of them! It's not a couple, a dozen, 50, 100. It's to the point where people can see it from space.

2 - They somehow have a bunch of other powers, so every Jamie is stronger than he would normally be.

3 - They are holding back(at least a first) because they're trying to find the main Jamie and they don't want to kill him.

And Psylocke has said 108301291371 times that she can't use her TP on them, I can't that some people are actually saying she could just put them to sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

1 - There are like thousands of them! It's not a couple, a dozen, 50, 100. It's to the point where people can see it from space.

2 - They somehow have a bunch of other powers, so every Jamie is stronger than he would normally be.

3 - They are holding back(at least a first) because they're trying to find the main Jamie and they don't want to kill him.

And Psylocke has said 108301291371 times that she can't use her TP on them, I can't that some people are actually saying she could just put them to sleep...
    I don't think all of them has actually read the issue. But I do agree with everything you said here.

BANNED

They're banking on her describing her psychic knife, the focused totality of her telepathic abilities. I start snoring whenever it comes up.

Because it doesn't line up with the boring fanfic they want published instead of a comic book.

Anyone think...Mastermind might be in play in this book? It would possibly explain the multiples having powers.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I remember i really became a fan of the X-men during the Clairemont run because to me the X-men represented the underdogs of Superheroes. The John Romita Jr art gave the X-men this gritty ruff looking appearance that fit the team. In most scrapes it was a sense of struggle not knowing if every X-man is going to make it out in one piece . X-men actually got hurt, and were not walking around like nothing happened 5 panels later. One of my favorite Wolverine scenes is in X-men 226 where he is laying on the ground and Clairemont explains how much pain he is in, and his healing factor does not nullify the pain he feels. I would not mind if alot of this Omega level mutants power levels were reduced a little.

If a character accomplishes a feat do readers feel that it should be something that becomes apart of the characters repertoire or in some cases should it be something accomplished with great exertion,skill,and preparation?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The problem is definitely that the writers haven't established that every Madrox is lightning-proof with the psychic resistance perk, trained in all forms of martial arts with each dupe being capable of eating 10 Captain Americas alive, and not that certain core characters have been recklessly buffed in an attempt to boost their status with little to no regard as to how they would be used in the future with terrible powers to tell stories with like strong telepathy, creating unreasonable fan expectations for how they should perform in every situation that would be a silly chokehold on creative potential, highlighting that a lot of these characters need nerfs and that maybe 80% of the Omega mutant list being good guy X-Men who can destroy most Marvel characters from a mile away is bad.
    I. Am. Dying.

DEAD.

Ha ha ha ha. Sweet Christmas this post is everything. ha ha ha.

Long Hair Don't Care: Our fandom is nonsense. I love y'all, but, we a %@#in' mess. ha ha ha.
    Enough of the shoulda, coulda, woulda already. Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-23-2018 at 07:08 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man. I was just poking fun at the choice of words they gave Storm but damn...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    See, editors shouldn't approve stuff like this, because now it's hard to believe that a major superhero in a comic book can't spend some time just fighting some dudes, when just fighting dudes is action/adventure bread and butter. At least Thor would have to reveal his presence with a light show before doing stuff like this. But when a lead character can just stealthily sweep a group to the point that readers can't believe that a literal infinite army can't oppose them for a while, there is something fundamentally broken about the character.
    I wouldn't say the character/s, specifically are broken. I would say the the expectations of their fan-bases is what's exaggerated (thanks to a multitude of writers and shoddy writing) to the point where writers can't seem to tell any story without being called out for PIS on a fan-fave. Sure, writers are also to blame for lack of imagination and story-telling (Lightning Lass should be able to use something other than one-on-one lightning bolts to cull at least a fair portion of the Madrox crowd but instead we get...ZAPP!!! "By the Goddess, we're overwhelmed!")

If we compare the scan posted in discussion to the preview...one is clearly a more controlled and contained situation, the other an all-out raging battle. Vastly different scenarios, requiring vastly different approaches. But the fans very rarely, if ever, take "story" into context when going off on a rant. Not everything could be dealt with category 10 hurricane winds.

That said, knowing Storm's skills-set, she could have been written better (either tactically or power-wise) so that the situation could have been better handled...even if they still end up overwhelmed...without her team looking and sounding like novices.

Which brings me to my last point...This crop of writers write the story then think of the characters involved, when it should be the other way around or, at the very least more cohesive between the two. They. Are. Not. Claremont. and to hold them to his aptitude, ability and standards simply means you are setting yourself up for huge disappointments especially when it comes to your "OMGMYFAVE!!!"
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not everything could be dealt with category 10 hurricane winds.
    Lord give us the flashback scene where the X-Men are forced to intervention THIS very specific topic with Storm. That would be HILARIOUS.

TEAM work makes the DREAM work, Storm. No more razzle dazzle with that Woosh Woosh you so damn proud of, okrrrr? REIGN IT IN.