Page 65 of 220 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

I'm now reading Aquaman Volume 3: Throne of Atlantis HC. I didn't think I'd like The Others as much as I did. Really enjoying this run so far.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I think Aquaman stayed pretty consistently good for most of new 52. Haven't read Peter Davids Aquaman but love me some Peter David and will start soon. Despite all the jokes about Aquaman he's had some pretty great runs

I finished Aquaman Volume 3: Throne of Atlantis HC today. I tore through it. Really enjoyed it. On to Aquaman Volume 4: Death of a King HC next!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think Aquaman stayed pretty consistently good for most of new 52. Haven't read Peter Davids Aquaman but love me some Peter David and will start soon. Despite all the jokes about Aquaman he's had some pretty great runs
    I've not read any of Peter David's Aquaman either. I may have to look into it once I'm done with New 52 and Rebirth.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Batman - Year One. First time reading this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Batman - Year One. First time reading this.
    Very curious to hear what you think (there are not many first time readers of this story left )

Mighty Member

^I read this for the 1st time not too long ago. Obviously historically speaking (not unlike claremonts x-men), it's contribution to the current bat mythos can't be measured. But just based as a stand alone story, compared to other great more modern runs I've read, it left me cold.

It's not so much it doesn't hold up, it's just as someone who grew up with this version of batman, at this point I've just been exposed to so much I've enjoyed more across all types of media over the years.

Metabarons Genesis: Castaka - Excellent work, a worthy prequel to The Metabarons.

Tales of the Batman: Gerry Conway vol 1
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Very curious to hear what you think (there are not many first time readers of this story left )
    I’m about halfway thru. I’m kind of confused. Gordons’s wife.....Barbara??? Isn’t Barbara Gordon’s daughter, who got shot by the Joker in TKJ? Who became Batgirl/Oracle?? Or is it Barbara Sr. And Barbara Jr?? J/K. I’m sure there’s some completely insane continuity issue that I don’t know about. Forgive me, I’m relatively new to comics and reading all these classics for the first time.
    Last edited by 2nd line g; 12-07-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Amazing Member

Just finished Darkseid War Omnibus, either gonna start the Grayson Omnibus or Multiversity Deluxe Edition next. Reading the Immortal Hulk trade that just came out while I decide on my next omni

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Just finished Darkseid War Omnibus, either gonna start the Grayson Omnibus or Multiversity Deluxe Edition next. Reading the Immortal Hulk trade that just came out while I decide on my next omni
    May I ask you something? Do you know where the Grayson omnibus fits from a timeline perspective? Thank you

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Metabarons Genesis: Castaka - Excellent work, a worthy prequel to The Metabarons.
    If I understand correctly, it's a prequel but to be read after the main book, right?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^I read this for the 1st time not too long ago. Obviously historically speaking (not unlike claremonts x-men), it's contribution to the current bat mythos can't be measured. But just based as a stand alone story, compared to other great more modern runs I've read, it left me cold.

It's not so much it doesn't hold up, it's just as someone who grew up with this version of batman, at this point I've just been exposed to so much I've enjoyed more across all types of media over the years.
    When I was a teen I thought nothing compares to Alan Moore. As a middle aged person I find I love Frank Miller so much more for the happy uplifting endings, and Moore is just relentlessly a downer. Both great writers but my taste has defiantly changed over the last few decades and I reread Frank so much more than Alan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I’m about halfway thru. I’m kind of confused. Gordons’s wife.....Barbara??? Isn’t Barbara Gordon’s daughter, who got shot by the Joker in TKJ? Who became Batgirl/Oracle?? Or is it Barbara Sr. And Barbara Jr?? J/K. I’m sure there’s some completely insane continuity issue that I don’t know about. Forgive me, I’m relatively new to comics and reading all these classics for the first time.
    No clue about all of this. I had always thought that it was kind of out of the regular DC continuity but I may be mistaken.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    May I ask you something? Do you know where the Grayson omnibus fits from a timeline perspective? Thank you
    It should take place right after the events of Forever Evil in the New52.