Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so is the last series still canon?
    The J-man

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so is the last series still canon?
    Maybe? Nobody did anything with its ramifications (thankfully) so who knows?

/edited out/
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 12-07-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    /edited out/
    Wish I would've caught this before you edited it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Fans don't like to wait for things to come into fruition anymore. It's all about instant gratification and self-entitlement like a bunch of bratty children. I trust Orlando and love his work quite a bit. He's not a writer that does something for the sake of doing it. This issue seems to be getting a ton of love. So i'm glad that the people here are in the minority. I'll definitely be here for issue #2!!!!!
    The bold is uncalled for. People are allowed to express their feelings as long as they are being reasonable there is no need for bringing them down.

Now to the actual book....I am interested in this take on MM. It is graphic but I think it helps to bring him away from being another Superman "lite" character. This story gives the character more depth than he has had previously.

There are somethings that I am a little put off by in saying that though. Like one of the few times MM use's a Black Male form in comics it also happens to be the one time where he is depicted the most inhuman in expressing passionate love. I swear it's like the comic industry can't give anything with Black representation without taking with the other hand. But whatever. I'm hoping it is an isolated occurrence and it won't be mentioned or referenced again.

Overall, a more grounded but still alien MM is what I was hoping for and it seems that I got it. I hope the story keeps delivering moving forward.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-08-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Interview with Orlando:
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think some should keep in mind that this is a 12 issue title. MM is not going to stay the way he was depicted here. I almost positive the character will grow more into how everyone knows him to be as the story progresses.

(However, I will admit the sex scene was a bit uncalled for. Everything else was fine)
    Uhh... what?!? never mind...

Astonishing Member

Fans don't like to wait for things to come into fruition anymore. It's all about instant gratification and self-entitlement like a bunch of bratty children. I trust Orlando and love his work quite a bit. He's not a writer that does something for the sake of doing it. This issue seems to be getting a ton of love. So i'm glad that the people here are in the minority. I'll definitely be here for issue #2!!!!!
    Readers can like what they want, for any reason they want, they don't need to justify that

Current comics are far more protracted story telling that ever, comics used to be quick reads with complete story's in one or so issues, current fans are much more used to waiting things out

As far as comics readers go, I think you are very wrong

That aside, if you could point me toward the positive comments of the book I'd appreciate it, I'd be interested in seeing what was said

For myself the art in the book really put me off it

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Readers can like what they want, for any reason they want, they don't need to justify that

Current comics are far more protracted story telling that ever, comics used to be quick reads with complete story's in one or so issues, current fans are much more used to waiting things out

As far as comics readers go, I think you are very wrong

That aside, if you could point me toward the positive comments of the book I'd appreciate it, I'd be interested in seeing what was said

For myself the art in the book really put me off it

Its received mainly positive reviews, so you can go through those if you'd like https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...unter-(2018)/1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Its received mainly positive reviews, so you can go through those if you'd like https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...unter-(2018)/1
    Thanks ill give them a look

Astonishing Member

Totally agreed.

And I am sticking with the book too.

Incredible Member

Not go'n to lie - I liked it. Mainly because it is different. What we often get is the "same" thing with a twist so something (radically) different from the norm is always a welcome change e.g. Tom King's Vision maxi-series.

For those complaining about continuity, you're not wrong. What I've learnt in my decades of reading comics is to treat each run as a standalone - it helps my enjoyability of the comic. So Morrison vs Snyder vs King on Batman? Each read in isolation and what happens in each is restricted to it including direct references to past issues or runs.