Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Agreed. BT could be DCs Iron Fist.
    What about Richard Dragon, Cassandra Cain, or Lady Shiva?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

With Courtney getting her own streaming series soon, I guess I am getting my wish. I have long thought Stargirl should have more opportunities and for awhile she did, sadly she hasn’t been featured at all in rebirth or whatever we are calling the modern DCU. She is a fantastic character and definitely in my top five DC characters.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    With Courtney getting her own streaming series soon, I guess I am getting my wish. I have long thought Stargirl should have more opportunities and for awhile she did, sadly she hasn’t been featured at all in rebirth or whatever we are calling the modern DCU. She is a fantastic character and definitely in my top five DC characters.
    The really dumb thing is they introduced her in the NU52 so it is not like she does not already exist in the current DCU. They just put her on the shelf and left her there. I would have much rather seen her used in a new Teen Titans books than all the new forgettable characters they just created.

I can totally see Stargirl fitting in Young Justice.

Rocket
    Hardware
    Icon
    Empress
    Dr Light
    Bronze Tiger
    Crimson Fox
    Firehawk
    Peege
    Vixen (no brainer this one)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What about Richard Dragon, Cassandra Cain, or Lady Shiva?
    I think Cassandra Cain has carved out her own unique martial artist archetype, and Lady Shiva is a similar story. Richard Dragon however, I feel, wouldn't play as well nowdays in his original incarnation; the optics of the whole white savior to a foreign culture trope. I think Bronze Tiger could definitely play with the idea of being a Human Weapon like Iron Fist (given his previous history of being brainwashed there are interesting narrative implications that could come from that) but what they could do to differentiate him is have him explore obsure international combat cultures. I'm thinking Iron Fist meets History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Icon, Catman, Wildcat, Hourman (Rick Tyler), Bloodwynd, and Blue Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Icon, Catman, Wildcat, Hourman (Rick Tyler), Bloodwynd, and Blue Devil.
    Man, I would love a Bloodwynd rebirth; such an interesting concept that doesn't get the credit I think it should.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Amazing Man
    Resurrection Man
    Wildfire( My fave Legionnaire)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    With BT I'll fear they'll just fold him into the Batverse. And that's not what I want for Tiger.
    It seems like that's what Tom King is doing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It seems like that's what Tom King is doing.

DC doesn't want black characters to be their own characters. I realized that and I'm getting really sick of it. Not everyone has to be tied to Batman. It's bad enough that Duke, Katana, Cass and Jefferson will be Batman's flunkies yet again.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Captain Atom. He’s had a one 6-issue series during Rebirth. That’s it.

Spectacular Member

Id like for DC to bring back Vibe
    Last edited by SelinaK12; 12-10-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Man, I would love a Bloodwynd rebirth; such an interesting concept that doesn't get the credit I think it should.
    Same! I completely agree!

I get the feeling too many are afraid to "rock the boat" in the way that doing the character and any supporting cast he would have justice would inevitable need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Loved that Mini though! I figure it was a "keeping up trademark" thing, but I genuinely enjoyed it, and would love it if they got Weisman to continue from where he left off. Captain Atom having a son, who has inherited something of his dad's powers and become a person of interest, and their relationship getting explored is something I want sooo badly now.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Id like for DC to bring back Vibe
    This, too. I loved his New 52 series, and have a certain fondness for his JL Detroit incarnation, too. Regardless, it makes little sense to me, other than deliberate abstinence on DC's part, as to why he's been so consistently ignored since his series and the JL spin-off ended.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-11-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I think the thing with Captain Atom is they screwed him up sooooooo bad at the start of the Nu52 he is still sort of toxic even though the mini series did fix most of the bad "Captain Manhattan" crap that original Nu52 series buried him in. The mini put him back in a good place character wise and I am hoping they are just letting him rest a little more to let people forget about the "Captain Manhattan" garbage.