Page 187 of 192 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2875

FoX-Men is almost over. Can't wait to see what we get from Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    FoX-Men is almost over. Can't wait to see what we get from Disney.
    Goddess bless!

I wish Disney would just cancel this movie, though. I want a proper Dark Phoenix Saga onscreen. There's no way this one will deliver, and I'm not sure the MCU would want to try the story a third time. Audiences already know the "Jean goes bad" story by now. It loses it's punch if its telegraphed.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Goddess bless!

I wish Disney would just cancel this movie, though. I want a proper Dark Phoenix Saga onscreen. There's no way this one will deliver, and I'm not sure the MCU would want to try the story a third time. Audiences already know the "Jean goes bad" story by now. It loses it's punch if its telegraphed.
    I'm so disappointed they went with DP for a second time. Further proof that Fox is unoriginal and repetitive when it comes to the X-men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like Shipp as Storm always looks more like a cosplayer rather than being apart of a multi-million dollar film. Cyclops actually looks the best here IMO.
    I'm feeling that the whole thing looks bad tbh. It's like Fox isn't even trying anymore lol

I hope Marvel finds a gorgeous tall woman from Kenya, gives her the most epic white microbraid wig down to her waist, and she is uber-powerful, regal, wise, and kicks ass.

Goddess bless!

This is what I am hoping for. Fox has butchered one the best X-stories (theyÂ’ve FÂ’d up a all of them lol) do an MCU rehash would undermine the success/appeal/impact. What story would you like to see be the kick-off movie for the MCU X-verse? I am thinking:

- Extinction Agenda (probably too hard and weird to do on the big screen)
    - Mutant Empire (novel)
    - Gamma Quest Trilogy (novel)

A d after theyÂ’ve been established (hopefully well) - maybe the Skrull Invasion? Though this can also be retread-ish

There are other stories I prefer but they come off as Avengers retreads.

X-Tinction Agenda(and the original Genosha story that sets it up) is a very interesting concept and definitely warrants adaptation, but I don't think it should be the first movie.

Ultimately the introduction of mutants into the MCU will be tricky. They have to decide if mutants have always been around but not known, or if they are just coming to be, or somewhere in-between. Those decisions would direct the nature of the X-Men's introduction. My own preference is for a very small number of mutants having already existed, but after Endgame, more are starting to pop up. I could use the Eternals movie to introduce the concept of Eternals, Deviants, and mutants all having been seeded into humanity by the Celestials long ago. Selene, Apocalypse, maybe a few other, have been active in the world for millennia. I guess you kind of have to have a Charles and Magnus at some point, but I don't know how to reconcile Magneto's WWII history at this point with the MCU timeline. You basically have to use suspended animation or the Stranger(an alien who took Magneto off-world for a time), but they you have to somehow tie him back in with Charles(and I don't want Charles to be very old either, more like 40). It's a tricky situation. Ultimately, I think it's best for the X-Men in the MCU to be Peter Parker's age, and thus, basically just starting out in their training/work as superheroes. I would like to see a variation on the Krakoa incident for the first MCU X-Men movie, but I might would introduce Logan and Ororo in other movies before we get to that point(which, I wouldn't expect a full X-Men movie until 2023 at the earliest, but who knows, maybe they will be fast-tracked once the acquisition papers are finalized in 2019).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This is what I am hoping for. Fox has butchered one the best X-stories (theyÂ’ve FÂ’d up a all of them lol) do an MCU rehash would undermine the success/appeal/impact. What story would you like to see be the kick-off movie for the MCU X-verse? I am thinking:

- Extinction Agenda (probably too hard and weird to do on the big screen)
    - Mutant Empire (novel)
    - Gamma Quest Trilogy (novel)

A d after theyÂ’ve been established (hopefully well) - maybe the Skrull Invasion? Though this can also be retread-ish

There are other stories I prefer but they come off as Avengers retreads.

it is truly sad . your absolutely right. I don't think MCU is going to touch the DPS not until like maybe the 5th movie or something.

AS per MCU Xmen.

I'm Hoping for Sinister , Genosha , end with Onslaught .
    Maybe through Genosha&Onslaught fit in Fall of the Mutants .
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And a Proper Claremont Ororo Monroe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Beat me to it i see.

I always felt the first Xmen should follow Xavier.
    Maybe do the mutants were always around but no one knows, and Charles Generation are like the first.
    Follow Charles through College with Sinister Both really into Mutation and Genetic secretly bond over being mutant parting of the ways, Sinister continues his work with Moria . While Charles joins the army meets Eric . We can do some further Development Action introduce threat and the whole Malcolm X to MLK relationship between Eric and Charles. another falling out .
    Travel some more meets Shadow king . Probably the main villain of the movie. Pickpocket by Storm . Big epic PSI visual Battle . Xavier see the need of Xmen to protect the world from the like of SK. and Erick who now is full blow terrorist with the Brotherhood Of Mutants
    CAST
    Xaiver Eric Mystique
    Moria, Sinister Banshee
    Sabertooth Shadowking
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-17-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Nawwww. We ain't got time for that, and I feel like Charles has gotten more than enough focus in the Fox films, even if they did omit many of the important canonical moments. I think it's better to hit the ground running with the core cast, and we can get some of these moments in flashbacks.

Because I'm bored.

Here's what I'd like from a Storm solo:

If we are doing the Goddess thing then go all out with it. She will have to leave the X-Men in the meantime to get properly involved and used to her new status quo, after that she can possibly return.
    It should be a story about the deities of the African pantheon. Use inspiration from not only Gods and Goddesses, but folklore and other myths from all over Africa. The Egyptian pantheon is the most familiar to Western audiences and Storm grew up in Cairo so it makes sense for them to be at the forefront in at least the beginning while introducing less well-known ones. These characters should make up her supporting cast and rogues gallery just like Thor's does with Norse or Wonder Woman with Greek. The mutant aspect of the character will take a bit of a backseat at first to accommodate this new direction, but stories around it will eventually return.

I'd have the story be about Storm's entrance into being a true deity causing both the revival and anger of the African Gods. Causing both conflict with a lot of them, but also appreciation from some. This leads to her having to navigate the world of these Gods. She at first may be against being involved at all at first, but later agrees to because she is there to represent the interests of the ones who really matter to her, the mortals. From this we can have lots of adventures, drama, and mysteries such as why the Gods lost their power in first place and why Storm's ascension restored them. The Gods in Storm's book should be treated with the same respect and importance as the Norse God's. This should effect the MU as a whole, not just sequestered off in her book.

Anyway, that's how I'd like it done.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think the Kemetic pantheon(ancient Egypt) would be a great place to start for Storm, but Coates has already been using them in his BP, and he even killed Bast recently(who was Storm's most direct connection from her World's Apart mini)! They also were used back in the day in Thor and such, but they definitely could stand to be revitalized. The Nubian gods would be another place to go, Apedemak for instance, would be stellar. He's a lion-headed storm god! Then you could play with the Dinka, the Maasai, and other Nilotic cultures. And eventually use the orishas from western Africa as well. Coates has been using some of these concepts in BP, but very loosely. A more direct adaptation would be cool.

But as nice as using existing mythologies would be, I'd rather Ororo get her own, specific, supporting cast of villains/allies. Her mother's culture is virtually undefined, and would be the place to start for a Storm solo. Given their lineage going back to the beginning of mankind, it would be easy to make a case for a global diaspora of ancestors from all around the world(all corners of Africa, sure, but also ancient migration routes into the Middle East, Europe, India, China, southeast Asia, the islands, Australia, and the Americas). It's hard to believe wind riders would be confined to any single continent.

I think the Kemetic pantheon(ancient Egypt) would be a great place to start for Storm, but Coates has already been using them in his BP, and he even killed Bast recently(who was Storm's most direct connection from her World's Apart mini)! They also were used back in the day in Thor and such, but they definitely could stand to be revitalized. The Nubian gods would be another place to go, Apedemak for instance, would be stellar. He's a lion-headed storm god! Then you could play with the Dinka, the Maasai, and other Nilotic cultures. And eventually use the orishas from western Africa as well. Coates has been using some of these concepts in BP, but very loosely. A more direct adaptation would be cool.

But as nice as using existing mythologies would be, I'd rather Ororo get her own, specific, supporting cast of villains/allies. Her mother's culture is virtually undefined, and would be the place to start for a Storm solo. Given their lineage going back to the beginning of mankind, it would be easy to make a case for a global diaspora of ancestors from all around the world(all corners of Africa, sure, but also ancient migration routes into the Middle East, Europe, India, China, southeast Asia, the islands, Australia, and the Americas). It's hard to believe wind riders would be confined to any single continent.
    I'd link her family history to her new status. Not just anyone becomes a God and her family history is so unexplored that it would be easy to incorporate it. Every character needs a hook and I believe that focusing on African deities and mythologies could be an interesting one for Storm. I don't think her lineage alone would attract many new readers, but combining the two can make for interesting stories.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Naturally they would be connected. I'd really like to see Ororo's Sorceress Supreme ancestor, Ayesha's story. Basically, Storm's solo could be like AHS:Coven starring Angela Bassett as Ororo!

There's your hook.