Page 6 of 285 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Happy 2019!

New Jason Todd fan here. I haven't read any comics involving him (or any of the bat family yet now that I think about it), but I have watched UtRH recently.

I did have a vague idea of who he is and supposedly the parts I liked of Tim from TNBA was based off of Jason?? It wasn't until I was reading a fanfic with him in it (he wasn't even the focus character, but I loved him the most) that I got interested in him.

I'd like to read his time as robin. I'm not sure if there is a book that is all about his robin run, but if anyone could point out some trades that have him as robin (aside from DitF) that'd be great! Thanks!
    Welcome to the family ;-)

Which fanfic did you read? I'm always interested in some nice fanfic with Jason in it.
    I hope you don't think it's lazy but I've copied a comment from the old appreciation thread about Robin Jason:

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really a collection about Jason but they have now TPBs that cover the era:
    - Batman Second Chances and Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 cover all his whole post crisis appearances in "Batman" apart from DITF and One Annual
    - Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 1 seems to cover his appearances in TEC (I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, and the info what is in the book is a little contradictory).
    - with DITF and the Cult on top you cover everything apart from his few appearances outside of the Batman books
    Are you familiar with the terms "pre-crisis" and "post-crisis"?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Happy 2019!

New Jason Todd fan here. I haven't read any comics involving him (or any of the bat family yet now that I think about it), but I have watched UtRH recently.

I did have a vague idea of who he is and supposedly the parts I liked of Tim from TNBA was based off of Jason?? It wasn't until I was reading a fanfic with him in it (he wasn't even the focus character, but I loved him the most) that I got interested in him.

I'd like to read his time as robin. I'm not sure if there is a book that is all about his robin run, but if anyone could point out some trades that have him as robin (aside from DitF) that'd be great! Thanks!
    Welcome to the family Lirica. Others have already mentioned where you can find some of the Post-Crisis stories with Jason as Robin. Sadly none of the Pre-Crisis stories have been collected as yet. If you are interested in the Pre-Crisis stories though you can find them pretty cheaply on Comixology. If I remember rightly they are .99 cents an issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I didn't notice this before but he has Arkham games Nightwing glow sticks.

1dbf951714f58e75751ec85329b391d2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also, Hello Pillow was one of the best Jason tics that fandom just run with it.

Happy 2019!

New Jason Todd fan here.
    Hello and welcome to the family @Lirica! It's cool that you became interested in Jason through fanfics. May I ask which ones did it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I didn't notice this before but he has Arkham games Nightwing glow sticks.

1dbf951714f58e75751ec85329b391d2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also, Hello Pillow was one of the best Jason tics that fandom just run with it.
    Heh, Hello Pillow was great. And what a time to post this because they're about to fight again soon in TT. This month I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Heh, Hello Pillow was great. And what a time to post this because they're about to fight again soon in TT. This month I guess?
    Yep. January's issue(s? I think it involves both TT and RHatO).

Edit: @Serg, those quotations in the initial post are perfect!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-03-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yep. January's issue(s? I think it involves both TT and RHatO).
    You mean collaboration or at least correlation between the two? I really hope so.

Oh and those quotes are very appropriately chosen @Sergard!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They definitely fighting again in the TT Annual. Hood is likely to make an appearance in TT 26 (though likely in a very limited capacity) but that's still to be determined.

You mean collaboration or at least correlation between the two? I really hope so.
    Correlation, not quite as much as a crossover, but by the solicits, they sounded related somehow.

Wow! Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes!

snip for space
    Thank you so much for what info you could give me! I'll look into that trade and "The Cult". I'm already aware of DitF. It was definitely one of the first things that came up when I did a lil bit of research.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    snip for space
    The fic is called 'Blood in the Water' by Misha Berry over on ao3. It seems fairly popular on there, so maybe you've read it? If not, aside from mentions, I don't think Jason shows up until chapter 15ish (it has been a few months since I've read it myself). It's more Tim focused.

I don't think it's lazy at all! That's really helpful, thank you! I didn't think to search through the old appreciation thread. Also, congrats to all of you on getting it to 1000 pages before it was closed.

I know that those terms are used in reference to what took place before and after Crisis on Infinite Earths because that event rebooted the universe, I think. I also know Jason was completely different before this event versus after. Is that about the gist of it? Did I miss anything? It has been about a year since I ventured into the main DC universe (mostly stuck to Vertigo prior to that), so I hope I did a decent job getting a general idea of all eras of DC prior to joining here.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    snip for space
    Shame that none of Jason's pre-crisis stories are collected in trade, but at least Comixology has them! Thanks!

snip for space
    As I mentioned above, 'Blood in the Water' by Misha Berry was how I really got into Jason. I've heard it may not the best way, since fanfics might paint Jason a certain way that is really only fanon, but I definitely don't regret it! Started reading more batman fanfics after that (mostly about Jason). My favorites are 'Help' and its sequel 'Harm' by Loxare and a fic with Constantine and Jason meeting because Jason came back to life able to see ghosts (the name and author escape me at the moment).

@Lirica, if I find some time this evening, I'll try recollecting some of my faves from AO3 with short sumaries (like I did last summer in the previous thread). I'll take that opportunity to list a few writers in there for the OP post section too, with some details about what they usually write about. I think a lot of us here really enjoy fanfics, so we have some feedback about fics in here from time to time .

Edit: also, off topic, but I'm going to guess you are also a Constantine fan like myself. If you enjoy the urban fantasy genre, I can especifically look for works on it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-04-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Even though I quit Outlaws early out of different taste I came back again for the Death of The Family tie-in. Big mistake. It turned out to be my breaking point.

There are things I like and dislike about the new origin. Seeing baby Jason trying to help his overdosed mother is awe-inducing, but the script, where he said the happiest moment in his life was when he was born, feels too extreme, like trying too hard to attract readers sympathy. That's unneeded. That scene in the bathroom is already effective.

798200c762f7cef01388545373a69209._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Overall though it was fine. I like the details. Other origins tend to only depict one moment but we got Jason's whole childhood. I also don't really care between stealing tire or medicine. The awful came next when Joker said he arranged all his life, but even there I didn't think too much because it's Joker. He's 99.9% likely to be lying.

@Lirica, if I find some time this evening, I'll try recollecting some of my faves from AO3 with short sumaries (like I did last summer in the previous thread). I'll take that opportunity to list a few writers in there for the OP post section too, with some details about what they usually write about. I think a lot of us here really enjoy fanfics, so we have some feedback about fics in here from time to time .

Edit: also, off topic, but I'm going to guess you are also a Constantine fan like myself. If you enjoy the urban fantasy genre, I can especifically look for works on it.
    Sure, if you have the time, that'd be wonderful!

Yup, I am and I do enjoy that genre!

As I mentioned above, 'Blood in the Water' by Misha Berry was how I really got into Jason. I've heard it may not the best way, since fanfics might paint Jason a certain way that is really only fanon, but I definitely don't regret it! Started reading more batman fanfics after that (mostly about Jason). My favorites are 'Help' and its sequel 'Harm' by Loxare and a fic with Constantine and Jason meeting because Jason came back to life able to see ghosts (the name and author escape me at the moment).
    Fics are great! When it comes to Jason, aside from the usual pairing fics, he has a good number of quality gen fics that you don't often see with other DC characters. On the other hand though, also when it comes to Jason as far as I know, I've regrettably stopped reading from a few authors not because of their writing nor portrayal of Jason but rather I feel they've become too attached to their own ideas that they're eager to criticize canon materials, with no patience to see the big picture nor sympathy to comic writers who have to work under creative constraint. But anyway, 'Help' and 'Harm' are great!