Page 7 of 234 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I know they don't, DNA test can be manipulated (Clone Saga, I'm looking at you) but it's better than taking the word of a Talking Cow or a villain at face-value.
    I'm mentally preparing myself for the usual.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That was actually what I wanted to ask next. During, around or after AXIS and around the same time they appeared on screen, Wanda and Pietro were revealed to be not Magneto's children and also not mutants, and there was a story arc where they're looking for their real parents... in outer space or something like that...

I take it then, from the discussion, that's still the case.

Extraordinary Member

The Scarlet Witch series is where Wanda's search for her real mother takes place. She finds her real mother (for now) but her real father's identity is left up in the air.

Most people figure she'll get a new set of parents in like another year or so.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Scarlet Witch series is where Wanda's search for her real mother takes place. She finds her real mother (for now) but her real father's identity is left up in the air.

Most people figure she'll get a new set of parents in like another year or so.
    The way you talk it's like shopping XD

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Looked like I am one of the very few who like Uncanny Avengers Volume 1. I can’t deny that Wanda does come of as somewhat arrogant in there. My main issue is actually just how her face is drawn in the first few issues - I think the correct term is “Resting Bitch Face”.

Still, I think there is a lot of good stuff in there. Like Wanda “removing” Thor from the Battlefield. Or the attempt to stop that “Cosmic Executioner” from destroying Earth. With the “Main Avengers” involved, it felt more like an event that just another series.

I also liked Wanda’s scenes with Wonderman, as they showed that she is only putting up a facade towards Rogue, and actually is full of self-doubt and regret. I liked in general how supportive most Avengers were towards Wanda. Especially Janet Van Dyne. Right after “Disassembled” she said that she will forgive Wanda. Here was her chance to show that. And she did.

The flipside is that Rogue was never given a fair chance to become accepted by the main Avengers. I think that only changed with the latest “No Surrender” Event. But only for her to be removed from the Avengers Books entirely. I get it that many X-Men Fans wanted her to be “freed” from there because a lot bad was done there to her character, but I think it was a chance to expand her character, and she carried most of Volume 3 on her own. It didn’t deserved to be cancelled, in last months before “No Surrender” it was selling only little less than the main Avengers title.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    As much as I like Wanda, she deserves the “No more” – Jokes (last picture in Article) :
    No character deserves to continually pay for over a decade for that complete and utter hack job.
    Sorry, I meant in-Universe. Like there was one at the beginning of “Civil War 2”. In that context “deserved” because she was never held accountable in the slightest for anything she did, not even for going to Doctor Doom in the first place (which might be the only thing in the chain of events that one could hold her accountable for).

That doesn’t change anything about that I think *that* story shouldn’t get any more attention. Okay, then me writing these words kinda defeats the purpose, but I hope you get the idea.

Sorry, I meant in-Universe. Like there was one at the beginning of “Civil War 2”. In that context “deserved” because she was never held accountable in the slightest for anything she did, not even for going to Doctor Doom in the first place (which might be the only thing in the chain of events that one could hold her accountable for).

That doesn’t change anything about that I think *that* story shouldn’t get any more attention. Okay, then me writing these words kinda defeats the purpose, but I hope you get the idea.
    Even in universe, because like has been said many times, she went to Doom about her kids. Not to depower mutants. He had helped Sue Storm. Doom has had plenty of heroic moments to balance the villainous ones. So because it ended up being possession and a mental breakdown as a result, she doesn't need to continually pay. Now Marvel should have done better with resolving all of that. They should have her reconnect with Billy and Tommy. But Marvel doesn't do that. They drop the plot points and move onto the next event. And again, it's been 14 years. The horse isn't even around to beat anymore.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Even in universe, because like has been said many times, she went to Doom about her kids. Not to depower mutants. He had helped Sue Storm. Doom has had plenty of heroic moments to balance the villainous ones. So because it ended up being possession and a mental breakdown as a result, she doesn't need to continually pay. Now Marvel should have done better with resolving all of that. They should have her reconnect with Billy and Tommy. But Marvel doesn't do that. They drop the plot points and move onto the next event. And again, it's been 14 years. The horse isn't even around to beat anymore.
    Marvel should have allowed for more stories where Wanda helps out the mutants with whatever issues they have. The only ones I know of in the years after are her helping in the teleportation of the X-Men Mansion into the Limbo to escape the poisonous Inhumans cloud, and her “mental health day” for the young Jean Grey.

@CJStriker : Picture above, awesome!
    There is no end to those!

Marvel should have allowed for more stories where Wanda helps out the mutants with whatever issues they have. The only ones I know of in the years after are her helping in the teleportation of the X-Men Mansion into the Limbo to escape the poisonous Inhumans cloud, and her “mental health day” for the young Jean Grey.

@CJStriker : Picture above, awesome!
    There is no end to those!
    She helped their Messiah repower mutantkind and the whole point of the Unity Squad was to help continue Xavier's dream, so she has done plenty to help mutants

She helped their Messiah repower mutantkind and the whole point of the Unity Squad was to help continue Xavier's dream, so she has done plenty to help mutants
    Yep, she did help. What they did was unsatisfying because the whole event was bad. Then they didn't have her go through with her promise to have a bigger presence in the lives of Billy and Tommy. So it all felt like it wasn't a character arc for Wanda. It never seemed like it was meant to be. It just seemed like she was only meant to be the catalyst for everything happening to everyone else. They didn't have a game plan beyond that. Because what came of it was very ham-fisted. It's too late to fix now. Which is why I'm ready to just move on. And hope whatever different stories she takes part in are with her development in mind.

Yep, she did help. What they did was unsatisfying because the whole event was bad. Then they didn't have her go through with her promise to have a bigger presence in the lives of Billy and Tommy. So it all felt like it wasn't a character arc for Wanda. It never seemed like it was meant to be. It just seemed like she was only meant to be the catalyst for everything happening to everyone else. They didn't have a game plan beyond that. Because what came of it was very ham-fisted. It's too late to fix now. Which is why I'm ready to just move on. And hope whatever different stories she takes part in are with her development in mind.
    Same here, of course 95% of events are bad anyways and no-one comes off smelling like roses.

Yeah, I just want Wanda stories to go forward not backwards or going around in circles.

Extraordinary Member

I don't honestly like Liz's version of Wanda. I don't think she has her personality down all that much. Wanda is way more strong of a personality. Most of the time Liz's Wanda is weepy. She's powerful, but not strong to me. It's like they only looked to the child-like version of Wanda that they created for Disassembled/HoM.
    I wouldn't say I like everything about MCU Wanda, but cinematic presence (especially an MCU one) is a natural buff that Wanda will need.
    Also I am just optimistic that MCU would not go for any HoM direction, that is like my only bottomline.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I wouldn't say I like everything about MCU Wanda, but cinematic presence (especially an MCU one) is a natural buff that Wanda will need.
    Also I am just optimistic that MCU would not go for any HoM direction, that is like my only bottomline.
    There's no doubt that it helped her get back into comics. But I put it in the same category that I put the Evolution version. It's at least not as bad as Ultimates. So she's just some other universe Wanda, that's very different from main canon to me.

Same here, of course 95% of events are bad anyways and no-one comes off smelling like roses.

Yeah, I just want Wanda stories to go forward not backwards or going around in circles.
    This is very true. Especially for other characters like Tony Stark and Carol Danvers. Scott Summers was always sort of a jerk, so I don't think it changed much about him.