Page 17 of 744 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Yup I'm pretty sure Voodoo can teleport. Plus, imagine that accent next to TChalla's hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm hoping Voodoo gets introduced in DS2.

Not as a sidekick though... but as access to a whole branch of magic Strange and Kamar Taj in general don't mess with.

aka... Nightmare and Mordo kick his ass, Strange heads someplace that is barely mentioned in the texts (photographic memory) and it leads him to Voodoo. And strange just gets a taste of it, doesn't magicaly memorize the whole voodoo playbook

So you introduce Voodoo as this badass, give him some feats, but still leave him vague enough to spin him off to his own movie

or something
    If Voodoo isn't a badass, we riot!

I wonder if they've fukked DC over by signing ol buddy from moonlight/bird box yet? John Stewart <---?----> Brother Voodoo

Then again, that accent gotta be authentic and idk if buddy can pull it off
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup I'm pretty sure Voodoo can teleport. Plus, imagine that accent next to TChalla's hahaha.

If Voodoo isn't a badass, we riot!

I wonder if they've fukked DC over by signing ol buddy from moonlight/bird box yet? John Stewart <---?----> Brother Voodoo

Then again, that accent gotta be authentic and idk if buddy can pull it off
    Give him a director who cares and I just feel like he has a lot of potential.

he's got a unique hook
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm assuming Voodoo can already teleport, don't really need Eden around.

Not as a sidekick though... but as access to a whole branch of magic Strange and Kamar Taj in general don't mess with.

aka... Nightmare and Mordo kick his ass, Strange heads someplace that is barely mentioned in the texts (photographic memory) and it leads him to Voodoo. And strange just gets a taste of it, doesn't magicaly memorize the whole voodoo playbook

So you introduce Voodoo as this badass, give him some feats, but still leave him vague enough to spin him off to his own movie

or something
    I love Voodoo, and wouldn't mind him showing up anywhere.

That said, I think there are potential issues with putting a high end magic and a high end tech guy together since the can overlap and potenatially step on each others shoes. Tech and magic are both sources of plot devices, and one can overshadow the other. Strange in the Illuminati for example seemed to be sidelined in the Illumianti (and flat out said so on panel) until he made his one big move with the Great Society.

In simple terms Voodoo potentially would take away feats from T'Challa he could otherwise accomplish through tech. Eden sort of does the same thing with teleportation, but it's just the ONE niche that Eden occupies. With Voodoo or any high end magic user, it can potentially take up feats across the board. So I don't think you necessarily want Voodoo around all the time. It's probably better to just have him around for more specific magic related issues.

Give him a director who cares and I just feel like he has a lot of potential.

he's got a unique hook
    Voodoo, Monica, and Adam

Those 3 are so unique and cinematically inclined.

Not unlike BP
    Black Panther vs Thor

And yes, out of the 3 Voodoo has the *look*

And accent, and the powerset

Just unique all around as an individual IP
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    And yes, out of the 3 Voodoo has the *look*

And accent, and the powerset

Just unique all around as an individual IP
    We saw Daniel Drumm in Dr Strange...so we know Jericho exists....hopefully in Dr Strange 2 he'll pop up.

Blue Marvel absolutely needs to be in the MCU although Capt Marvel kinda stole his thunder...they may have to shift him to the smaller screen instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    We saw Daniel Drumm in Dr Strange...so we know Jericho exists....hopefully in Dr Strange 2 he'll pop up.

Blue Marvel absolutely needs to be in the MCU although Capt Marvel kinda stole his thunder...they may have to shift him to the smaller screen instead.
    Blue Marvel is sort of tricky now, because his name and even his gimmick of being a hero lost in time is sort of taken by Carol. He would almost come off as a derivative of Carol because she came out first on the big screen.

For what it's worth I think Adam almost works better on the small screen anyways. It would be sort of tough to really flesh out his past in a 2 hour movie unless they did the entire movie in the 70's. Given him a 13 part show on Hulu or whatever, and you can give his journey more justice than a 2 hour movie can.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Blue Marvel is sort of tricky now, because his name and even his gimmick of being a hero lost in time is sort of taken by Carol. He would almost come off as a derivative of Carol because she came out first on the big screen.

For what it's worth I think Adam almost works better on the small screen anyways. It would be sort of tough to really flesh out his past in a 2 hour movie unless they did the entire movie in the 70's. Given him a 13 part show on Hulu or whatever, and you can give his journey more justice than a 2 hour movie can.
    Exactly...everything that would have worked with BM...they used for Carol. So yeah...have to be small screen but then you could run the risk of it falling in Black Lightening territory (which isn't bad). No matter what: BM with some tweaks to make him less....."passive" lol would be awesome. The MCU treatment would be best to get him away from the UT behavior Grevioux had him do in the comics....OR.....Man now I'm wishing Disney would have let him be folded into PQ..even for just an episode or a two parter....

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Finally caught up on MK, Killmonger and BPQ.

I was hoping MK was a bit longer because I love how the story is unfolding and boy is T'Challa getting some great moments in that. This and BPQ are leaning into that "best warrior on Earth" angle a little bit and I love it. I do hope eventually T'Challa dons his classic suit.

Killmonger is also a great read. Each issue plays out in a way I don't particularly expect and I have to admit it's pretty well written too. Loving Killmonger's characterisation as a man full of rage and I like how he can easily communicate with Bast. Plus is it kind of funny how this book continues to acknowledge Killmonger's attractiveness. That's that MBJ effect lol. Can't wait for the next issue.

BPQ is still great. It seems like the suit T'Challa wears has the kinetic energy redirection thing because it was used in episode 14. I assumed it was swapped out for Kimoyo instead, but he seemed to have used it multiple times against Iron Man, and in particular that kick he delivered to IM and Bucky when they were beating on him. That fight in particular was great, loving all the feats from it and how T'Challa planned ahead of that.
    '

I'm assuming Voodoo can already teleport, don't really need Eden around.

or something
    I'd love to see Voodoo in the MCU. The only problem is the potential for some people to be offended by his powerset. His depiction of voodoo (the popular Western version of it anyway) I've read can be seen as offensives to vodou priests and priestess because it demonises it and turns into witchcraft when it's really not that. That's the possible reaction to it. It's also possible Derrickson might try to change a few things here and there since he tried to do a whole lot of that in the first DS movie.

My advice would be to have Jericho Drumm be a sorcerer that practices a different branch of the mystic arts that's darker or just different. And say Jericho and Daniel chose to practice different forms and Jericho now lives in New Orleans. He is a known sorcerer to his community, but they dub him as a voodoo practitioner because he's black and they obviously don't understand his magic.

That, or they just roll with it and hope it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    Exactly...everything that would have worked with BM...they used for Carol. So yeah...have to be small screen but then you could run the risk of it falling in Black Lightening territory (which isn't bad). No matter what: BM with some tweaks to make him less....."passive" lol would be awesome. The MCU treatment would be best to get him away from the UT behavior Grevioux had him do in the comics....OR.....Man now I'm wishing Disney would have let him be folded into PQ..even for just an episode or a two parter....
    "Falling" into Black Lightning territory definately isn't bad, since frankly Adam has nothing else going on at the moment. Getting a TV show almost gurantees that marvel will try and give him another book... at least a mini.

But if Adam shows up in the movie end of things, he'll almost certainly be less passive. In a marvel super hero movie, if someone isn't being punched or something isn't getting blown up every 10-15 minutes you're probably doing something wrong. Same with cartoons. TV is different though. As we've seen in a lot of marvel shows, there can be a LOT of non punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'd love to see Voodoo in the MCU. The only problem is the potential for some people to be offended by his powerset. His depiction of voodoo (the popular Western version of it anyway) I've read can be seen as offensives to vodou priests and priestess because it demonises it and turns into witchcraft when it's really not that. That's the possible reaction to it. It's also possible Derrickson might try to change a few things here and there since he tried to do a whole lot of that in the first DS movie.

My advice would be to have Jericho Drumm be a sorcerer that practices a different branch of the mystic arts that's darker or just different. And say Jericho and Daniel chose to practice different forms and Jericho now lives in New Orleans. He is a known sorcerer to his community, but they dub him as a voodoo practitioner because he's black and they obviously don't understand his magic.

If they can get away with a live action version of Man Ape on the big screen, then I'm not really worried about marvel offending anyone. I'm sure they will do whatever they need to do to ensure that the character doesn't come off offensive. It doesn't take much really. Tone down the costume a bit (which they often do anyways), and scrape off a bit of the cheese. You can even make fun of some of the 70's cheesiness, like they did with Cage.

Plus, in the MCU magic might really just be science anyways.

BUt he definately needs to be distinct. Otherwise you're just having 2 Dr. Stranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Is there really a high enough population of... voodoo'ers? that it matters? (I really don't know lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they can get away with a live action version of Man Ape on the big screen, then I'm not really worried about marvel offending anyone. I'm sure they will do whatever they need to do to ensure that the character doesn't come off offensive. It doesn't take much really. Tone down the costume a bit (which they often do anyways), and scrape off a bit of the cheese. You can even make fun of some of the 70's cheesiness, like they did with Cage.

Plus, in the MCU magic might really just be science anyways.

BUt he definately needs to be distinct. Otherwise you're just having 2 Dr. Stranges.
    That's just what I'm suggesting. Have him practice a form of magic that isn't voodoo but isn't referred to as such by him but others because they don't understand it and he's black/Haitian. And also change what is needed. My only worry is that they get rid of his own unique lore in the process.

Is there really a high enough population of... voodoo'ers? that it matters? (I really don't know lol)
    Eh well like most outrage circles it wouldn't be just the audience in particular that would be offended, or the offended ones might not consist of them at all. But really I don't think there is a high population lol. So I do think they can just roll with it but adapt the character well as they usually do. Besides, having him be just another sorcerer that is black is a lot more boring (and Mordo is that already) and the voodoo angle is what makes him distinct. If handled well he can be the scene stealer of the Doctor Strange sequel.

I doubt that's the case. But it is legitimately a religion (though technically so is Norse mythology). And in THEORY black guy being shown in any sort of stereotypical manner POTENTIALLY can be a trigger for someone on social media.

It's probably worth the time for marvel to smooth out any of the potentially offensive aspects of the character. I'm sure they do that anyways, as they try to modernize and make characters more realistic for the non comic book fans anyways.