Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Artemis Crock Appreciation Thread 2019

New appreciation thread for Artemis Crock aka Tigress

First appearance: Infinity, Inc. #34 (January 1987)

Created by: Roy Thomas and Todd McFarlane

I mostly know her from Young Justice and she is awesome.

Assuming her blood relation to Jade makes it into the comics, I'd like to see that further developed. Also, would like her as part of the Arrow family.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Assuming her blood relation to Jade makes it into the comics, I'd like to see that further developed. Also, would like her as part of the Arrow family.
    If they ever re-introduce her to the comics in a major way, I think her relationship with Jade would be a shoe-in to make it in .

Although I'm curious if she'd be hero or villain...

Astonishing Member

If ever there was a more perfect love interest for Jason Todd, I don't know one.

ADDED.

You know ... sister who is Roy's on-again/off-again villain/baby mama. Sportsmaster as the dad - League of Assassins connection. Tigress as the mom. Archer status ... probably actually some training or connection to his boy Roy in that regard. Plus she doesn't take anyone's crap.

The weird factor is then that she ... competes? Or is in a strange situation with The Other Artemis. Two Artemises.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 01-23-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Speaking of the one that first appeared in Infinity, Inc. #34 (January 1987), this is from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 1 (August 1987):

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    If ever there was a more perfect love interest for Jason Todd, I don't know one.

ADDED.

You know ... sister who is Roy's on-again/off-again villain/baby mama. Sportsmaster as the dad - League of Assassins connection. Tigress as the mom. Archer status ... probably actually some training or connection to his boy Roy in that regard. Plus she doesn't take anyone's crap.

The weird factor is then that she ... competes? Or is in a strange situation with The Other Artemis. Two Artemises.
    Why Jason Todd?

I always figured changing her name to something like Alison could work while Artemis (and later Tigress) was a code name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Speaking of the one that first appeared in Infinity, Inc. #34 (January 1987), this is from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 1 (August 1987):
    Interestingly enough Greg Weisman was an editor on Infinity Inc for that issue. So his knowledge of her comes first hand from his time working at DC.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-27-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

ADDED.

Jason already has an Artemis that doesn't take anyone's crap. The difference is, Jason's Artemis is taller, a red head, and an Amazonian badass. The only thing holding her back, is that she and Biz are stuck in another world/dimension for the time being.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I have recently become a fan of Artemis Crock through the Young Justice cartoon. Great character. Hope to see her in Bendis's Young Justice soon.

I like the smack talk to Ra's Al Ghul in episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I have recently become a fan of Artemis Crock through the Young Justice cartoon. Great character. Hope to see her in Bendis's Young Justice soon.

I like the smack talk to Ra's Al Ghul in episode 6
    Please, dear God no.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Artemis is one of my favorites from the Young Justice cartoon. I would love to see her show up in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Artemis is one of my favorites from the Young Justice cartoon. I would love to see her show up in the comics.
    Same, but kind of need to be careful who would write her.