Page 610 of 782 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To those going through the door, a wave of heat hit them as Pyrus’ home welcomes them.

Oddly, if Zaofan and Ochazuke go, the heat does not bother them.

It is a stark and burnt looking world, and yet the trees of cherry fire flowers are breathtakingly beautiful contrasted against the blue sky.

Pyrus looks around and smiles, calling out in a strange tongue. A few moments later, two young children run to her, arms open as they embrace her. Both appear like her, a fiery humanoid, a boy and girl each. Roughly six to ten years old.

She hugs them back and turns to look at them all.

“Welcome. Forgive my not talking earlier, outside our world my voice does not work. An odd nature of our species.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

To those going through the door, a wave of heat hit them as Pyrus’ home welcomes them.

It is a stark and burnt looking world, and yet the trees of cherry fire flowers are breathtakingly beautiful contrasted against the blue sky.

Pyrus looks around and smiles, calling out in a strange tongue. A few moments later, two young children run to her, arms open as they embrace her. Both appear like her, a fiery humanoid, a boy and girl each. Roughly six to ten years old.

“Welcome. Forgive my not talking earlier, outside our world my voice does not work. An odd nature of our species.”
    "Gahhhh!! ITS SOOO HOT!" Erosa moaned loudly the moment she was on the other side. "Is it too late to switch with my sister ero! Hey! C'mere kid!" The Id spun around and nabbed the White Etrina out of the sky as she followed after the group. "AIR CONDITIONING~! GOGO BEFORE I COOK LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT!"

"Gah, Ackk....leeet go...okok.....Geez" The Mini-Etrina stammered and quickly started channeling ice magic to produce an aura of chill around herself, prompting the Id to rub the little foci against her cheek with a look of minor contentment.

A few moments later, Cthylla emerged from the gateway.....and prompted face planted into the hot ground. The same had happened during her first jump, there seemingly being a period of time between jumps where the Voidling loses connection with her body. Thankfully a short period, as her body soon rises, nanocites repairing the damaged done by the scorching dirt.

"........Do no feel the need to apologize. Suffering an issue of communication outside a native habitat is something I am familiar with as well. Perhaps something within the medium of heat generates your voice." The Voidling flexed her hands to make sure her fine moter functions were working as she addressed Pyrus.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gahhhh!! ITS SOOO HOT!" Erosa moaned loudly the moment she was on the other side. "Is it too late to switch with my sister ero! Hey! C'mere kid!" The Id spun around and nabbed the White Etrina out of the sky as she followed after the group. "AIR CONDITIONING~! GOGO BEFORE I COOK LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT!"

"Gah, Ackk....leeet go...okok.....Geez" The Mini-Etrina stammered and quickly started channeling ice magic to produce an aura of chill around herself, prompting the Id to rub the little foci against her cheek with a look of minor contentment.

A few moments later, Cthylla emerged from the gateway.....and prompted face planted into the hot ground. The same had happened during her first jump, there seemingly being a period of time between jumps where the Voidling loses connection with her body. Thankfully a short period, as her body soon rises, nanocites repairing the damaged done by the scorching dirt.

"........Do no feel the need to apologize. Suffering an issue of communication outside a native habitat is something I am familiar with as well. Perhaps something within the medium of heat generates your voice." The Voidling flexed her hands to make sure her fine moter functions were working as she addressed Pyrus.
    Pyrus nods.

“That is it exactly. The atmosphere here allows us to speak. Offworld.......is less ideal.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Tch."

Parsley shoved past Zaofan and left after Ishtar toward the Pendulum Room. At least one person actually understood why she was so proud of what she'd done. Even if no one else understood, belittling something she was obviously proud of... it got under her skin.

Tch.
    "What in the world...?"

Taken aback by the sudden shove, Zaofan tries to shake it off. "What's that about?"

"My apologies, I'll request permission next time before I point out the obvious." Etrina sniffed in annoyance, then took a deep breath and attempted to snuff out the growing annoyance. Another fight was absolutely not what she wanted to start here...and yet it already seemed to be veering that way.

".....I suppose its an accomplishment that can't be claimed by many, this Super Saiyan....Perhaps if I had been there it would have been a more awe striking sight."

"Oh, Zaofan...." Etrina noticed the man peeking in and prepared to greet him...

...At which point Parsley promptly exited with all the aggression of a bull elephant, tramping past Zaofan in the process.

"..........Ugh.." Etrina brought her hand to her forehead and suppressed the urge to curse. "........What a bother.....Zaofan dear, are you ok?" The Mage moved to attend the cook, in case the Saiyans stampeding exit had caused him any undo harm.
    Zaofan smiles through the pampering. "I'm fine, thank you, mistress. I just wanted to check in on how you're doing before we head out again to the next world, but... what's gotten into Parsley?"

Stepping through the portal, Zaofan takes in the wonderful sights, sounds, and smells, his senses tingling with delight. As a lifelong traveler, it's discovering moments of beauty like this that make it all worthwhile -- the greatest adventure. Taking a deep whiff, with eyes as big as a puppy's, there is a calmness that overtakes him as he tries to process this world of brilliant opposites.

"Amazing...! Look at all this!" he urges to the others, blissfully unaware of any effect the heat might have on the others.

However, that wonder soon gives way to shock and stillness as he points at Pyrus, complete with a raised eyebrow.

"Wait, he has children? WAIT, did he just talk?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " that would be lovely thanks. Oh and I'm kind of hungry I could go for a big juicy steak right about now," Althena said as she licks her razor sharp teeth and then stops as she sees Praxat talking to Qaztoh . " Yeah Praxat is defiantly going and I think she might be doing a little prepping before she goes," Althena said.

" Hey Qaztoh you don't think you might have something in your Jobox for thermal protection , because wrapping my tongue around my body isn't a option," Praxat Said. Qaztoh looks turns on her Jobox and looks through a list . " Yes I have just the thing, Qaztoh said. Qaztoh select's the item and out from her Jobox suits pair of high tech gloves.

" These are my Quantum Thermal Barrier Gloves Mach II! When you put these on they will form a thin barrier around your body that will protect you from extreme temperatures like extreme heat and cold using quantum mechanics ,"Qaztoh said. Praxat puts on the gloves and pats Qaztoh on the back " yeah these will do nicely say Qaztoh you got any more of these gloves ? " Praxat said Qaztoh looks though her Jobox . " yeah I do , I have a couple of them.

Qaztoh makes more Thermal barrier Gloves pop out of her Jobox, and Praxat grabs them. " Thanks Qaztoh I'll give these to the others that are going," Praxat said. Qaztoh closes her Jobox. " Oh and the gloves are completely heat and cold proof," Qaztoh said.

Praxat examines the gloves she's wearing. " Yeah these look damn nice!" Praxat said.

OT: For Tami.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat steps through the door and lucky the thin barrier around her protects her from the wave of heat . " Yeah looking at this environment is damn good that I came prepared ! " These gloves that I'm wearing that I got from Qaztoh from a thin barrier around my body that protect me from extreme heat and cold. I also made sure to bring more of these gloves for everyone that was going on this mission, and the gloves are immune to heat and cold!" Praxat said
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-23-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The world that greeted Sarada was much like what she had seen before. Yes, it was entirely like the section of Tatenen that was owned and lorded over by the that angry fire elemental she, Ishtar, Meagan, and Asha'rah fought some months ago. "Reminds me of the Angry Fire Lad on Tatenen," she muttered, entirely certain that no one but herself understood that reference.

Another thing was certain - it was hot as ****. She was fortunate she still had that sliver of ice the ice elemental gave to her before she went to fight Lasair, so it didn't effect her as much. A good thing; if the reaction of the others was any indication. Curiously, Zaofan didn't appear to be affected either.

Hm.

Even more curious was that Pyrus had children. She had no idea why that was so surprising. Just because she got conned into helping Alt-Jinzi didn't mean she was completely devoid of a life prior to meeting him. In fact, it should have been no surprise at all. How else would he have been able to convince her to help. Without doubt, he gave her the same ultimatum he gave Alt-Zaofan. Given how young her children were, that was an offer that was impossible to refuse.

"Nah, don't sweat it," she waved off the apology. "Language barriers are nothing new, so don't worry about it. So, where's this nexus located?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As Cyanna steps through, the warm air hits her like a brief summer windstorm in the Nobi-Crimson Desert on Chroma. It took her a few moments to adjust, then she continued forward. As she did, the sight before her gave her pause as she took in the strange beauty of it.

Upon hearing the woman's voice, Cyanna's attention shifted in time to see the children run up to her. "I can see why Dash and I somehow knew we needed to protect you."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-23-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Erosa!" Zaofan snaps out of his gaze on Pyrus once he hears the Id's distress. "What's wrong? A-are you alright?" He crouches down to help Erosa and Mini-Etrina while looking around the environment for clues. "What's happening to her? Why is she... wait."

Looking some more, he notices the effects of the heat on some of the others, as well as Cthylla's collapse and return, but feeling nothing, he continues, oblivious to the heat, "What is this place? Sure, there's lava, but -- I don't understand what's happening to everyone! Is it the air?" Zaofan fails to see how some others are unaffected or tolerating the heat, as nothing seems wrong to him at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Erosa!" Zaofan snaps out of his gaze on Pyrus once he hears the Id's distress. "What's wrong? A-are you alright?" He crouches down to help Erosa and Mini-Etrina while looking around the environment for clues. "What's happening to her? Why is she... wait."

Looking some more, he notices the effects of the heat on some of the others, as well as Cthylla's collapse and return, but feeling nothing, he continues, oblivious to the heat, "What is this place? Sure, there's lava, but -- I don't understand what's happening to everyone! Is it the air?" Zaofan fails to see how some others are unaffected or tolerating the heat, as nothing seems wrong to him at first.
    Sarada looked at Zaofan as if he had just snorted a pile of drugs. "It's hot, Zaofan. The real question is why are you not affected?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada looked at Zaofan as if he had just snorted a pile of drugs. "It's hot, Zaofan. The real question is why are you not affected?"
    "Maybe it has to do with the training Dash told me about. I don't know much more about it than it was a Clan thing." Cyanna looked at him, "Even for a Chromakai, this land is pretty hot."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Maybe it has to do with the training Dash told me about. I don't know much more about it than it was a Clan thing." Cyanna looked at him, "Even for a Chromakai, this land is pretty hot."
    "Training?"

This was the first time she had heard of Zaofan undergoing some kind of special training. And it sounded like Dash had participated.

"Is that right?" And why wasn't she invited?! Ooooh! First that soup, now this? She was starting to think that Zaofan just liked to exclude his non-human friends from all the good stuff! She couldn't believe it. "And why wasn't I invited?" she demanded of the chef.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The heat struck him before anything else. His skin tightened like taut leather in response and what sweat could escape his pores was evaporated instantly. It was like standing in a forge and yet, it was bearable, or at least it was for now. His body growing acclimated to the world, Charco finally chose to take in the sights, which surprised him with how nature persisted in this blasted landscape. Turning, he noticed everyone's attention was on their hostess who revealed herself as a mother to two, smaller elementals.

"Whew!" He breathed out, pulling the collar of his shirt only feel even warmer air hit his bare chest, "We should probably hurry before we're nice and roasted."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Training?"

This was the first time she had heard of Zaofan undergoing some kind of special training. And it sounded like Dash had participated.

"Is that right?" And why wasn't she invited?! Ooooh! First that soup, now this? She was starting to think that Zaofan just liked to exclude his non-human friends from all the good stuff! She couldn't believe it. "And why wasn't I invited?" she demanded of the chef.
    Zaofan looked at his hands, then wiped his brow to check. Nothing. No sweat or perspiration. Not even any labored or difficult breathing. "I... I don't understand it myself! I mean, the only training I ever received about heat was from Master Balon of the Dragon School, and that was very specialized -- Ochazuke and I can protect ourselves only from the fires that we generate ourselves. What is going on here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The heat struck him before anything else. His skin tightened like taut leather in response and what sweat could escape his pores was evaporated instantly. It was like standing in a forge and yet, it was bearable, or at least it was for now. His body growing acclimated to the world, Charco finally chose to take in the sights, which surprised him with how nature persisted in this blasted landscape. Turning, he noticed everyone's attention was on their hostess who revealed herself as a mother to two, smaller elementals.

"Whew!" He breathed out, pulling the collar of his shirt only feel even warmer air hit his bare chest, "We should probably hurry before we're nice and roasted."
    Still in a little bit of worry and confusion, Zaofan nods with Charco. "Yes, good idea. If we're in a calmer location, we'll be in better shape to figure all this out. Elemental, would you lead the way?"
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-23-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " that would be lovely thanks. Oh and I'm kind of hungry I could go for a big juicy steak right about now," Althena said as she licks her razor sharp teeth and then stops as she sees Praxat talking to Qaztoh . " Yeah Praxat is defiantly going and I think she might be doing a little prepping before she goes," Althena said.
    "They're gone," Meagan watched as the last one passed through the doorway before looking back at Althena, "so I can either show you the books I mentioned; you could get something to eat; or we can do some light sparing away from the others. Which would you prefer?"