Page 27 of 182 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

From the 60's cartoon Sub-Mariner episode #5 The Thing From Space. Attuma's army of barbarians battles Atlantis army.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ??? How are they ancient Atlanteans? Is there a modern Atlantis? Why aren't the diplomats meeting there? That wasn't a time travel show, AFAIK. And that was unlike any Attuma I've ever seen in comics. Maybe he was that way in previous cartoons, but in this one, this was obviously an ugly cut out for Namor -- which just sucks all around. I really wish they would just leave Atlantis out of these Black Panther stories.

And I STILL don't understand how Attuma and Tigershark, clearly Namor rogues, can appear in media, but Namor can't
    I feel the same, I really wish that Marvel would stop putting Atlantis and Wakanda together especially when they aren't even giving Namor anything out of this. I am really miffed at how Marvel is ignoring him. I mean how could you use characters from NAMOR'S comic but not use the character himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This was so awesome, what a great surprise! Wish Marvel would ressurect this great character, Lady Dorma and Vashti are staples of the Namor universe. Hopefully we get to see them as Namor starts getting some more screen time at Marvel comics, and in the case of lady Dorma a resurrection is really overdue.

I was thinking that in recent years Namor is always presented very much like a lonely ruler, which many times gives an impression of a tyrant and even villainous. One thing Stan Lee did was he placed Lady Dorma and Lord Vashti always at his side. A woman and and old man gave his rule a much more benign democratic image. Something I think needs to come back in order for the image of a heroic Namor that fights for what is right to return.

Also the trunks made Namor look more heroic, like a man of action that had taken the throne out of obligation to his people, more a champion than diva. That costume he wore with the high collar and the deep cleavage made him look like a total diva.
    I really want Namor to have a solid base of family, friends, and allies again, that is the best way to get insight into the character and I really miss these great characters. btw Thanks for the gifs, I am loving seeing stuff from the old show, I really think its way past time Namor got an animated show of his own again.

Wow. I'm stunned they even remembered Lady Dorma, much less did a piece on her.

Yes, there are some things wrong there, but ...

sigh.

Got to go. This has been my life this week. Will try to get back online later tonight.
    I was stunned too, lol. It's ok, whenever you have time we will be around.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's part one to the Namor v. Aquaman Death Battle where they explain Aquaman's background.
    Interesting, I remember reading the early Aquaman comics way back when, and really him having a mother who is a royal atlantean wasn't in the first issue, in that Arthur was experimented on my his father who learned how to use Atlantean science to make Arthur breath underwater, so the mother is a retcon that came later I believe. (Also Arthur fights Nazis in that issue too, just like Namor did in his comics before) However I didn't stick through Aquaman long enough to see when that was explained, and I did read a few issues here and there of later stuff over the years.

I will be waiting to see what they say about Namor though, and that clip they used at the end from the 2000's Fantastic Four cartoon is I believe one of the best animated modern Namor that was made, the character in that show was in two episodes but they did really well showing how noble he was. LOL also the line: "I don't need to see my hands to strangle you Richards!" is a favorite of mine. Thanks for posting this.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

From the 60's cartoon Sub-Mariner episode #5 The Thing From Space. Attuma's army of barbarians battles Atlantis army.
    This was great! Didn't Bill Everett do the inks or create The Thing? I seem to remember it looked like one of his creations.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

This was great! Didn't Bill Everett do the inks or create The Thing? I seem to remember it looked like one of his creations.
    I don't remember but it may have been inspired by an older Everett story. I really like the retro helmets on the soldiers and the atlantean character and costume designs on the background characters.

I don't remember but it may have been inspired by an older Everett story. I really like the retro helmets on the soldiers and the atlantean character and costume designs on the background characters.
    The one I'm thinking of is from Tales to Astonish 88 and 89, which I believe Bill Everett did draw and ink. But some of these figures look like Gene Colan's work. Of course, this cartoon lifted from all those books so I wouldn't be surprised if they did a mish mash.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

The one I'm thinking of is from Tales to Astonish 88 and 89, which I believe Bill Everett did draw and ink. But some of these figures look like Gene Colan's work. Of course, this cartoon lifted from all those books so I wouldn't be surprised if they did a mish mash.
    Yes a mish mash is certain. I know on Thor cartoons of these series that I'm more familiar with the comics I've seen episodes where they mix Don Heck and Jack Kirby artwork in different scenes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This was so awesome, what a great surprise! Wish Marvel would ressurect this great character, Lady Dorma and Vashti are staples of the Namor universe.
    The closest that we got was the Heroes Reborn Dorma who, after debuting in HR Fantastic Four very much like her 616 counterpart, suddenly become the warrior queen of Atlantis after the heroes returned to Earth 616. When Doom attempted to save both Earths from the Dreaming Celestial, he and Dorma formed an alliance and for a while she even allowed herself to be labeled as one of Doom's Generals before striking out on her own and confronting both Namor and Sue. Last I heard she and most of the HR Atlanteans presumably died when in their Earth, now transported to the 616 Universe as Counter-Earth, Atlantis was raised to the surface.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Namor is now available in Marvel Puzzle Quest! I can't believe Marvel is actually taking time to promote him, this year he has gotten a lot more attention and with his books going back for second printing I really hope Marvel announces a long running solo soon.

From Twitter:
    namor puzzle quest.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The closest that we got was the Heroes Reborn Dorma who, after debuting in HR Fantastic Four very much like her 616 counterpart, suddenly become the warrior queen of Atlantis after the heroes returned to Earth 616. When Doom attempted to save both Earths from the Dreaming Celestial, he and Dorma formed an alliance and for a while she even allowed herself to be labeled as one of Doom's Generals before striking out on her own and confronting both Namor and Sue. Last I heard she and most of the HR Atlanteans presumably died when in their Earth, now transported to the 616 Universe as Counter-Earth, Atlantis was raised to the surface.
    Didn't know about that story, sounds interesting. I have only read a handful of Heroes Reborn stories and the Fantastic Four by Jim Lee were supposed to be the best I think. I have the 40 Years of Fantastic Four comics in DVD Marvel licensed years ago so worth checking out. By the way that's a great icon!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor is now available in Marvel Puzzle Quest! I can't believe Marvel is actually taking time to promote him, this year he has gotten a lot more attention and with his books going back for second printing I really hope Marvel announces a long running solo soon.

From Twitter:
    namor puzzle quest.jpg
    That's a very cool Namor art. Wonder if there are more painted images in the game.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-29-2019 at 07:16 AM.

As a long time Marvel reader, decades - saw the Namor '60s cartoon as it broadcast, yada yada, and I've always cared greatly for the character -

but I prefer Dorma to stay dead. I'm very tired of returning from the grave stories - and Dorma has had at least one, where it was a trick or hoax.

So I prefer we not go there. Amongst underwater types, there are certainly a person to pic as a possible companion, mate, or consort. Andromeda has also been a favorite character of mine, despite only occasional appearances and random use of her abilities or relationships to Atlantis, Attuma or others.

Andromeda would be my first choice, her battle prowess makes her a most suitable mate for Namor. We can't say that dynamic is present throughout the Marvel 'verse. There are certainly couples who fight together, but they usually have different power sets.

I would also like to see Atlantis restored to its former glories and basically to not be a background or prop for the Panther.

Having the Panther and Namor be so contrary to each other, has diminished T'Challa's nobility in my eyes. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

From Twitter:
    namor puzzle quest.jpg
    OMG! YES!!!!!

I've been meaning to download that game for weeks. WHERE is my phone?!?!!? WHY am I at work?? Aaaaah!

OMG! YES!!!!!

I've been meaning to download that game for weeks. WHERE is my phone?!?!!? WHY am I at work?? Aaaaah!
    LOL. Here is a link to know more about him and his stats and attacks etc. It looks like he is going to be expensive 7,000 points to recruit him and also he is a 4 star character. I am not sure if he is limited or not but all the info is there and recruiting doesn't start until the end of January. LINK

That's a very cool Namor art. Wonder if there are more painted images in the game.
    I did find this at the link.

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-29-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As a long time Marvel reader, decades - saw the Namor '60s cartoon as it broadcast, yada yada, and I've always cared greatly for the character -

but I prefer Dorma to stay dead. I'm very tired of returning from the grave stories - and Dorma has had at least one, where it was a trick or hoax.

So I prefer we not go there. Amongst underwater types, there are certainly a person to pic as a possible companion, mate, or consort. Andromeda has also been a favorite character of mine, despite only occasional appearances and random use of her abilities or relationships to Atlantis, Attuma or others.

Andromeda would be my first choice, her battle prowess makes her a most suitable mate for Namor. We can't say that dynamic is present throughout the Marvel 'verse. There are certainly couples who fight together, but they usually have different power sets.

I would also like to see Atlantis restored to its former glories and basically to not be a background or prop for the Panther.

Having the Panther and Namor be so contrary to each other, has diminished T'Challa's nobility in my eyes. Sad, but true.
    The thing I fear about Lady Dorma that I voiced before is that she will be brought back only to die again. I really think Marvel writers don't see much use for her even though she is a great character except to forever be that tragic lost love for Namor. I love this pair a lot though.

I love Andromeda, and really want more focus for her, being a warrior noble woman she would make a good match for Namor however I also like the warrior friendship bond she and Namor have, knowing they can count on the other to always fight etc. I would love a writer to focus on more friendship for them but for a romance I'm about 50/50 cause I don't want Namor and her to hook up only to be broken off a few issues later or never mentioned again.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.