Page 19 of 239 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Making my way through the Young Justice run and this was hilarious!

Attachment 77643
    Lol. Nice.

Who's the artist?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    So me (being me: categorically unable to leave anything alone that I've developed an interest in) went searching for anything to do with this pic and found this from a July 2018 blog:
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...his-world.html

So you don't have to click the link, it features a picture of various action figures with Wally West's among them and a little placard stating that it's pending on licensor approval. I take that means Didio's approval? Because if so it may be a snowy day in mid-Sahara before we see this toy.

(And to make my day truly special, I just ran across a toy of Flashpoint Aquaman. Here I was thinking that movie Aquaman was the worst looking one ever. We have a runner-up. So glad I skipped that book.)
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-27-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    So me (being me: categorically unable to leave anything alone that I've developed an interest in) went searching for anything to do with this pic and found this from a July 2018 blog:
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...his-world.html

So you don't have to click the link, it features a picture of various action figures with Wally West's among them and a little placard stating that it's pending on licensor approval. I take that means Didio's approval? Because if so it may be a snowy day in mid-Sahara before we see this toy.

(And to make my day truly special, I just ran across a toy of Flashpoint Aquaman. Here I was thinking that movie Aquaman was the worst looking one ever. We have a runner-up. So glad I skipped that book.)
    That's too bad. I would have loved to get that figure.

Yeah, most of Flashpoint was pretty lame. I did like Thomas Wayne Batman though.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Literally Linda's only animated appearance .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    you don't have to click the link, it features a picture of various action figures with Wally West's among them and a little placard stating that it's pending on licensor approval. I take that means Didio's approval? Because if so it may be a snowy day in mid-Sahara before we see this toy.
    Which is perfectly normal and happens all the time before the official release. Mattel got the approval for the first wave of figures (Batman Beyond, Kid Flash, etc), we just have to wait for the second wave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Literally Linda's only animated appearance .
    True. But as a Wally fan I'll take what I can get. It wasn't bad either. Linda wasn't her spunky self but it was still good.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm listening to the Tom King interview on WordBalloon and he talks quite specifically about Wally, calling him, and I quote, "Wally fans are legitimately mad with me and they should be mad... and as a Wally fan, Wally is the much better Flash." More, he even goes so far as to say "Barry is so boring... Barry represents a generic white guy".

He reiterates that Josh Williamson prefers Barry and he argues with him about it all the time. Calls Wally the ultimate everyman, "DC's Peter Parker".

Really cool interview overall... really puts to rest the idea that King doesn't know and/ or love DC's characters and its past.

What this means for HiC is anyone's guess but it does reinforce my belief that there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Whether that simply means that Wally will actually be the killer or not is another thing - if King has his say rather than Didio, I think it will probably end up with Wally alive and framed as the killer and the followup wil be him needing to clear his name. Or something. I do get the feeling that King wants to put Wally back on the map after being underused since his return. Wishful thinking, maybe, but King clearly understands, perhaps even expects the backlash from Wally fans but it doesn't sound to me at all like he's "out to get" Wally West. Quite the contrary.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I finally got Wally on DC Legends ! To say I'm happy is an understatement !

Some pictures :

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wally1dcl.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl2.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl3.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl4.png

I'm so sorry it is in french, so here is a little translation, I'm pretty sure you'll find it very funny !

First pic : "It's so nice to see you back Wally ! - Thanks guys, It's really cool to be back !" (DC Comics laughing in the shadows ...)
    Second pic : "Wally, stop ! We have to go back to help the others ! - They're all gone, Roy ... Dick, Donna, Garth, everyone !"
    Third pic : "Now I'm back, I'm going to make sure that this reality and the whole Multiverse are safe from the undeads."

And in case you missed it, the preview of The Flash Annual #2 : https://comicsverse.com/flash-annual-2-preview/

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I'm listening to the Tom King interview on WordBalloon and he talks quite specifically about Wally, calling him, and I quote, "Wally fans are legitimately mad with me and they should be mad... and as a Wally fan, Wally is the much better Flash." More, he even goes so far as to say "Barry is so boring... Barry represents a generic white guy".
    Would you be kind enough to provide a direct link? For some reason I can never quite navigate word baloon.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Would you be kind enough to provide a direct link? For some reason I can never quite navigate word baloon.
    Hmmm, I actually subscribe to Wordballoon on my podcast player but... nope, sorry, I was trying to get a direct link on the website but no luck. That is seriously one awful site. Surprising considering how professional the actual podcast is.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Is it working ? http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2019...an-heroes.html

Hmmm, I actually subscribe to Wordballoon on my podcast player but... nope, sorry, I was trying to get a direct link on the website but no luck. That is seriously one awful site. Surprising considering how professional the actual podcast is.
    Thanks anyway. At least I know that my inability to navigate it is due to the site's design indeed, not me being an old fart. XD

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It is! Thanks a lot, SpiderHam!

He reiterates that Josh Williamson prefers Barry and he argues with him about it all the time. Calls Wally the ultimate everyman, "DC's Peter Parker".

Really cool interview overall... really puts to rest the idea that King doesn't know and/ or love DC's characters and its past.

What this means for HiC is anyone's guess but it does reinforce my belief that there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Whether that simply means that Wally will actually be the killer or not is another thing - if King has his say rather than Didio, I think it will probably end up with Wally alive and framed as the killer and the followup wil be him needing to clear his name. Or something. I do get the feeling that King wants to put Wally back on the map after being underused since his return. Wishful thinking, maybe, but King clearly understands, perhaps even expects the backlash from Wally fans but it doesn't sound to me at all like he's "out to get" Wally West. Quite the contrary.
    I don't think King hates Wally. In fact I don't think King really likes or dislikes any DC hero one way or the other. King writes any DC character to fit whichever trauma/psychological damaging story he is telling. Batman does not have a distinct personality from Booster Gold or anyone else.

Nice words are just that, nice words. Actions speak louder than words. I've learnt this by reading many interviews from writers and other heads of DC over the years.

I've read many interviews where Didio proclaims he loves legacy in the DCU and we all know how that has turned out. these guys are running a business and want to make money. They will say anything that will make more people buy more of their product.

King is not out to get Wally. (I think this crapping on Wally came from his outright hater, Didio) But he will write him out of character like any other character, or do horrible things to him as long as it portrays whatever disturbing issue he is currently trying to push in the story.

I finally got Wally on DC Legends ! To say I'm happy is an understatement !

Some pictures :

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wally1dcl.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl2.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl3.png

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-wallydcl4.png

I'm so sorry it is in french, so here is a little translation, I'm pretty sure you'll find it very funny !

First pic : "It's so nice to see you back Wally ! - Thanks guys, It's really cool to be back !" (DC Comics laughing in the shadows ...)
    Second pic : "Wally, stop ! We have to go back to help the others ! - They're all gone, Roy ... Dick, Donna, Garth, everyone !"
    Third pic : "Now I'm back, I'm going to make sure that this reality and the whole Multiverse are safe from the undeads."

And in case you missed it, the preview of The Flash Annual #2 : https://comicsverse.com/flash-annual-2-preview/
    That's awesome. Looks so good. How did you get it?