View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Just teasing, as I thought you were, hence the 'silly' smiley @ the end. But again, so far, so good:
    I was. Wasn't sure you were. All good, though!

Surprised there’s been exactly 0 interviews on NextGen, Poccy & the XTracts, Prisoner X, or Amazing Nightcrawler. Not even to fault the creators as it shouldn’t be solely them marketing their product, but it seems like the only ones really hyping this up was Zac, Lonnie, Seanan, and Leah.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Surprised there’s been exactly 0 interviews on NextGen, Poccy & the XTracts, Prisoner X, or Amazing Nightcrawler. Not even to fault the creators as it shouldn’t be solely them marketing their product, but it seems like the only ones really hyping this up was Zac, Lonnie, Seanan, and Leah.
    I need to know why they dont want to market there products.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

That may say where those other books lie. The creative teams for those other books may not be too excited about them. It's just another project they're doing.

I can't say this for the other 3 but I'm feeling like Prisoner X doesn't need to sell itself, it just looks great as it is.

BANNED

In a hurry, but real quick, let me posit a theory. When it comes to marketing, perhaps hype coming from (and subsequently during) a product's rollout > the kind usually used leading up to it, maybe? Been thinking about this for a while & have advocated for it in the past (on here), but will eXpound more later (tonight, probably), when I'm freer to do so. Will address other stuff, too, when I'm able to/have more time. Be good & stay positive, y'all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, here's one for the X-Tracts - https://www.cbr.com/tim-seeley-age-o...cts-interview/
    I thought you into my life, woah
    Look at my mind, yeah

Interviews and information are definitely scarce, but that means for once we wont be spoiled. Compare this to Uncanny, which had every beat spoiled.

Extraordinary Member

Well, here's one for the X-Tracts - https://www.cbr.com/tim-seeley-age-o...cts-interview/
    This book looks like a lot of fun. I'm also happy that Eye Boy and Evan are getting some play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    In a hurry, but real quick, let me posit a theory. When it comes to marketing, perhaps hype coming from (and subsequently during) a product's rollout > the kind usually used leading up to it, maybe? Been thinking about this for a while & have advocated for it in the past (on here), but will eXpound more later (tonight, probably), when I'm freer to do so. Will address other stuff, too, when I'm able to/have more time. Be good & stay positive, y'all!!
    So...we should be positive?

SNOGGIN' ON GANGWEED
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Apoc and the X-tracts book would be a lot better if the artist really leaned in on the '60s aesthetic, as it is the design work is just tepid with the colorist doing all the heavy lifting. Apocalypse looks kind of ridiculous with that design and in the artist's style. Also Dazzler should be Mod, not a beatnik, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I can't say this for the other 3 but I'm feeling like Prisoner X doesn't need to sell itself, it just looks great as it is.
    This definitely isn’t a knock on any mini coming out. Even though I’m complaining about NextGen, I’m most likely gonna pick up all the AoXM titles anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I need to know why they dont want to market there products.
    Definitely feels like there’s little faith or something. Which sucks because Age of X-Man: Alpha is getting great reviews already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That may say where those other books lie. The creative teams for those other books may not be too excited about them. It's just another project they're doing.
    hmmmm something like that

Waitaminute

Tim Seeley: Jordan D. White called me one morning and asked if I'd be interested in working on this big crossover. Lonnie and Zach [Nadler and Thompson, the writers of Age of X-Man: Alpha] had written a really detailed document about this world stuck in arrested development in the 1960s, and there was a rough idea for several books. The one Jordan was pitching me on was the one starring Kitty, Dazzler and two others I wasn't that familiar with (Evan & Eyeboy).
    So JDW and/or Nadler and Thompson made Seeley use Eyeboy from the pitch?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The Apoc and the X-tracts book would be a lot better if the artist really leaned in on the '60s aesthetic, as it is the design work is just tepid with the colorist doing all the heavy lifting. Apocalypse looks kind of ridiculous with that design and in the artist's style. Also Dazzler should be Mod, not a beatnik, obviously.
    I don't hate it, but yeah, it feels like the colorist was given free reign and the artist sort of just called it a day. I don't hate the art, I actually sort of enjoy it, but it would be better if it just veered off into the weird a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Waitaminute

So JDW and/or Nadler and Thompson made Seeley use Eyeboy from the pitch?
    Eye Boy might be an important character here. It sounds like the creative team knew which characters they wanted where.