Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Yup. At least we got a story arc.

Can't stand Guy so I'd pass on that like I have every other GL book since the Rebirth mini.
    C'mon man! How could you not love an adorable ******* like Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    C'mon man! How could you not love an adorable ******* like Guy!
    It's probably because I am a adorable ******* myself.
    Batman - Daredevil

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    While I do enjoy Guy and Kyle's friendship, I'd rather see Kyle interact with more heroes outside of the GLC. I'm glad we got at least a story arc of him with the Titans, especially seeing Kyle and Donna together again, even for just a little while.

I'd love to see Kyle and Wally's friendship revisited as well as Kyle and Connor's, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, sadly.
    Two of the best comic friendships of the last 30 years.

Kyle and Connor
    Kyle and Wally

It is a damn shame that we won't read any more stories any time soon.

Actually, thinking about it, I would love to read a Guy/Connor Hawke team-up. That'd be a riot.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Kyle appears in the new JL annual its a nice little cameo

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Two of the best comic friendships of the last 30 years.

Kyle and Connor
    Kyle and Wally

It is a damn shame that we won't read any more stories any time soon.

Actually, thinking about it, I would love to read a Guy/Connor Hawke team-up. That'd be a riot.
    It's a shame what's happened to a lot of Kyle's relationships, be they romantic or not. But I guess for the most part he's not the only one it's happened to by this point.

I've mostly read Connor when he was with Kyle. Has he ever met Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Kyle appears in the new JL annual its a nice little cameo
    I saw the preview, but not read the issue yet (not sure if I'll understand it since I haven't been following JL). Was the preview pretty much Kyle's cameo?

Incredible Member

It's a shame what's happened to a lot of Kyle's relationships, be they romantic or not. But I guess for the most part he's not the only one it's happened to by this point.

I saw the preview, but not read the issue yet (not sure if I'll understand it since I haven't been following JL). Was the preview pretty much Kyle's cameo?
    He has a few more lines here and there, but nothing important or related to his time beyond the Wall. However, the annual is pretty much recommended anyway. And it is very vaguely stated but it kinda looks like John and Kyle might be Earth's Lanterns, at least for the moment, a fact that is further enforced by Hal not even showing up, and Guy showing up in Oa with Kilowog in Love in Space.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    He has a few more lines here and there, but nothing important or related to his time beyond the Wall. However, the annual is pretty much recommended anyway. And it is very vaguely stated but it kinda looks like John and Kyle might be Earth's Lanterns, at least for the moment, a fact that is further enforced by Hal not even showing up, and Guy showing up in Oa with Kilowog in Love in Space.
    I guess that means the only question mark is where Simon is?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that means the only question mark is where Simon is?
    No mention of Jess either?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    No mention of Jess either?
    Nop, but she shows up in Odyssey

Fantastic Member

Nop, but she shows up in Odyssey
    Oh yeah, my bad. Someone did mention that earlier.

I know Kyle shows up in the JLA Annual. I have to think it's because he's the former White Lantern and has been beyond the Source Wall. (they did mention that, didn't they?) Anyone know if Kyle does anything of note there?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know Kyle shows up in the JLA Annual. I have to think it's because he's the former White Lantern and has been beyond the Source Wall. (they did mention that, didn't they?) Anyone know if Kyle does anything of note there?
    As I said, Kyle's tenure as a White Lantern or his venture beyond the Wall is never brought up or acknowledged. He seems to be there simply because he is a Green Lantern, and the Green Lanterns are trying to keep the Wall together. That being said, the story is very good, it sets up the future direction of the DC Universe nicely, and Kyle has at least as much screen time as John. A point of interest for me is that there is a vague line in the last few panels in which it is indicated or implied that Kyle and John are both assigned to Earth, which could well imply that Kyle might pop up in a different book (a relaunch of the Titans?)

Just read it. It was a good read. I wasn't as lost as I thought I'd be. Definitely interested in where things go from here!

I guess similar to John being with the Justice League, Kyle being with the Titans at the moment makes them Earth's Lanterns. Maybe Simon is Guy's partner now, even if he didn't show up on Oa?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He seems to be there simply because he is a Green Lantern, and the Green Lanterns are trying to keep the Wall together.
    I gathered Kyle was technically there as both a GL who had been helping hold the wall together and as a representative of the Titans, who were one of the groups helping to execute this plan to fix the Source Wall.

I did mention a couple of pages ago that Snyder brought up Kyle's experience beyond the Source Wall in an interview dating back to August. He said it was important, but who knows if it's anything more than when Kyle talked about it in Titans #31.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't remember reading anything where they actually crossed paths. Not even during major goings on like Zero Hour etc.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I don't remember reading anything where they actually crossed paths. Not even during major goings on like Zero Hour etc.
    Well, Connor was not technically GA yet during Zero Hour, and Guy retired soon after that