Page 11 of 171 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Loved the fact that they asked him about the One Below All. Everyone else seems to be avoiding that particular topic.

Dammit Ewing. I just wanted a fun Hulk comic, and instead you’ve made this thought provoking work of art that I'm going to need to digest.

Great Issue.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Dammit Ewing. I just wanted a fun Hulk comic, and instead you’ve made this thought provoking work of art that I'm going to need to digest.

Great Issue.
    I couldn't have said it better. It was epic, thoughtful, emotional and had everything you expect from the Hulk, not to mention fantastic character development.
    The best part is how it leaves us many things to question and think about. There are even more mysteries now, instead of simple answers!

Yeah, there's so much to think about here. This is was probably the most meta issue so far. Who is the author, exactly? Onto the next arc.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #226
    Cover Date: August 1978
    Sale Date: May 16th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Irv Watanabe
    Colorist: Janice Cohen
    Editor: Bob Hall

“Big Monster on Campus!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: General Ross, Doc Samson, Clay Quartermain, Jim Wilson, Kropotkin, Dr. Weller.
    Antagonist: Doc Samson
    Synopsis: The Hulk has resumed his battle with Doc Samson after defeating the Leader. He then heads for Banner’s alma matter at Desert University. We see Jim and Kropotkin at a fast food joint and they overhear the emergency bulletin, prompting Jim to head for the campus. Back at Gamma Base, Samson puts Quartermain in his place and also heads for DSU. The Hulk, meanwhile, is starting to remember bits and pieces of Banner’s past. Dr. Weller attempts to reason with the brute, but he isn’t having it. Jim arrives and tries to reason with him, but the results are the same. A statue of Socrates ends up doing what others couldn’t, and the Hulk succumbs to a mental breakdown.

Commentary: There isn’t a whole lot with this issue, just cleaning up threads from the previous one. Stern is the first to pepper fans with bits and pieces of Banner’s past starting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. It was epic, thoughtful, emotional and had everything you expect from the Hulk, not to mention fantastic character development.
    The best part is how it leaves us many things to question and think about. There are even more mysteries now, instead of simple answers!
    how many TPBs are available so far?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Was a good issue. Being honest, I felt it was a little rushed.

Curious about the Harpy. Betty of course lost her She-Hulk powers, but maybe she gets her other form back?

Also could be Marlo too I suppose, as she briefly had Harpy powers during the time when the temporarily cured Banner trained Skaar.

Or a robot like in Loeb's Red Hulk.

Also could be another possibility entirely....Mcgee? She seems to have some envy of the Hulk, perhaps she experiments on herself?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Yeah, there's so much to think about here. This is was probably the most meta issue so far. Who is the author, exactly? Onto the next arc.
    Considering he says "Bruce Banner, of the earth", I guess he's something bigger than we imagine.

Probably the biggest let down issue of the run so far. It was still great and a fun read. Just, like I said earlier, rushed.
    To say this was the last story of year one, it was wrapped up pretty quick. Was that even Bruce’s dad? I understand we will delve into everything more as we go on, but the Hell story just ended up feeling a little flat.

I disagree, mate. But I understand your points!

Btw, the first of the glowing reviews:

https://popculthq.com/2019/02/06/com...ortal-hulk-13/
    (4.5/5)

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Probably the biggest let down issue of the run so far. It was still great and a fun read. Just, like I said earlier, rushed.
    To say this was the last story of year one, it was wrapped up pretty quick. Was that even Bruce’s dad? I understand we will delve into everything more as we go on, but the Hell story just ended up feeling a little flat.
    It probably could've had another issue to deflate but considering a growing number of folks seem to be getting more and more irritated with all the Theology, I think 3 issues was good enough. But look at it this way, there's a lot of loose threads still hanging around so I'm sure we'll get some sorta continuation of this particular arc sometime down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    It probably could've had another issue to deflate but considering a growing number of folks seem to be getting more and more irritated with all the Theology, I think 3 issues was good enough. But look at it this way, there's a lot of loose threads still hanging around so I'm sure we'll get some sorta continuation of this particular arc sometime down the line.
    Oh, I’m completely down with the loose threads stuff! I was never expecting the Hell ark to be the conclusion and more of a “book-end” to year 1. A few answers here and there and save the day(for now) was what I was expecting. We got that, but it just seemed quite...quick. The whole stuff at the end could’ve easily been the start of the next issue as a way of starting the next chapter as it were.

That’s not to say I don’t love this book, by the way. It’s Marvels best book on the stands and the first Hulk book I’ve picked up monthly and seriously enjoyed (I was late to Planet Hulk). I can’t wait to see what they come up with next.