Page 133 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We got to the point where The Trench is a bigger priority for WB than Superman.
    This is honestly hilarious to me. I get that Aquaman is the new powerhouse but they could go for a Mera movie or Aqualad or Tempest or any combination but they go with the Trench. It's like every time DC makes a solid leap forward they take the wrong lessons to heart and go 3 steps back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This is honestly hilarious to me. I get that Aquaman is the new powerhouse but they could go for a Mera movie or Aqualad or Tempest or any combination but they go with the Trench. It's like every time DC makes a solid leap forward they take the wrong lessons to heart and go 3 steps back.
    Hell, a Black Manta spin-off would've made so much more sense than this. WB are just embarrassing.

Hell, a Black Manta spin-off would've made so much more sense than this. WB are just embarrassing.
    I feel like well get another couple good movies from Captain Marvel and WW84 then go back into another slump of DC movies.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mera and Black Manta are clearly for Aquaman 2, come on. What would there be to tell about Manta before he became Manta, that we haven't learnt already ?

What's surprising is that they would go for The Trench with relatively inexperienced screenwriters, not that they passed them over Clark's awkward High School years or whatever could be spined off the Superman mythos (which I can't think about).

The smallish budget is also frightening but I guess the Trench could be more of an insidious presence over being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Mera and Black Manta are clearly for Aquaman 2, come on. What would there be to tell about Manta before he became Manta, that we haven't learnt already ?

What's surprising is that they would go for The Trench with relatively inexperienced screenwriters, not that they passed them over Clark's awkward High School years or whatever could be spined off the Superman mythos (which I can't think about).

The smallish budget is also frightening but I guess the Trench could be more of an insidious presence over being seen.
    There's plenty to do with Manta, he's more than just a small backstory scene about his dad's death.

I mean, to be fair, the Trench sequence is one of the most praised in the movie.

Well, a Manta spin-off doesn't need to be a prequel, it could be set between Aquaman 1 and 2.

And I certainly don't mind a horror comic book movie, I just don't get why The Trench of all things. In any event, it's WB so who knows if anything would really come out of this at all.

There's plenty to do with Manta, he's more than just a small backstory scene about his dad's death.
    No, not in the movie.

He was an on the move and growing in fame pirate, with a family tradition and all that, but it's nothing that can't (or won't) be explored in Aquaman 2 where he'll be the main villain (we all saw the mid-credit scene).

The Trench offer two main possibilities : a story about Atlanteans/humans lost in their kingdom and picked up one after the other (usual horror story script) or a movie about those peoples slowly turning into monsters, will the the creeping horror and uneasyness which could come from it. It wouldn't be fitting in an Aquaman movie (unlike Manta's origins being steeped into racist prejudices in the US after WWII would be really interesting in the sequel) but great material to test the waters (pun intended) before going full Vertigo/Wildstorm on us.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, to be fair, the Trench sequence is one of the most praised in the movie.
    Sequence doesn't equal movie. Unless they are going for the Trench as zombies and treating it like a survival horror movie. Which again feels off for what they are building with the more hopeful, colorful DCEU. These studios want to reach as many people as possible and a horror Trench movie seems like a strange move. Even if everyone universally loved the Trench scene, do you really want to sit and watch a whole movie about them? They showed up for 5-10 minutes of the film and suddenly get a sequel over literally any other Justice League member.

What I don't understand is what's the point of an "Aquaman Extended Universe". Is there a potential to tell a good story about The Trench? Maybe. But yet again WB hits one homerun and wants to milk the everloving hell out of it. When is the Hippolyta/Zeus spin-off coming out.

Astonishing Member

We got to the point where The Trench is a bigger priority for WB than Superman.
    Snyder damaged the brand. But more importantly Warner Bros has had a homerun with the Meg and Aquaman so they are undoubtedly thinking of doing another underwater horror movie now with the Aquaman brand.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-08-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Snyder damaged the brand. But more importantly Warner Bros has had a homerun with the Meg and Aquaman so they are undoubtedly thinking of doing another underwater horror movie now with the Aquaman brand.
    Another thing is that Walter Hamada previously produced a lot of successful horror movies at WB so in perspective this isn't entirely unexpected, just not any less redundant.

Mighty Member

I’m glad some of you don’t have a say-so with what the studios do. A Trench film plays more to James Wan’s strength as a horror film director. It’s not a bad idea because YOU say so. Who are YOU? YOU don’t speak for everyone. Maybe it’s not the movie we wanted but the superhero genre as a whole could use a little shake up. There’s room for all types of stuff in this genre.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    'Aquaman' Spinoff 'The Trench' in the Works (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-works-1184285
    Omg. So basically they are as lost as ever with this universe. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Omg. So basically they are as lost as ever with this universe. WTF.
    It's WB being reactionary again which is the main thing that disappoints me about them. They always have to react to something, they make a successful movie where one particular scene stands out the most so they rush to make a spin-off about the creatures from that scene. This isn't like making a spin-off about the demon nun from The Conjuring or Universal making a Fast & Furious spin-off about The Rock and Jason Statham's characters, it's making a spin-off about creatures who have no other role in the movie other than trying to eat the main characters in one scene. Maybe some people have a point and I fail to see the vision the studio supposedly has but it just seems like business as usual at WB for me.