Page 134 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 34841241301311321331341351361371381441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I’m glad some of you don’t have a say-so with what the studios do. A Trench film plays more to James Wan’s strength as a horror film director. It’s not a bad idea because YOU say so. Who are YOU? YOU don’t speak for everyone. Maybe it’s not the movie we wanted but the superhero genre as a whole could use a little shake up. There’s room for all types of stuff in this genre.
    Who said any of us were speaking for everyone?

I never said it was out and out bad, just a weird idea especially when you take into account WB/DC's mismanagement of their movies. You do know that it's okay to question ideas.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    'Aquaman' Spinoff 'The Trench' in the Works (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-works-1184285
    This...is now what I was expecting when Aquaman did so well.

Like, I get WB wanting to bank on the success of Aquaman, but I feel like there are better ways of expressing that then just making a movie about a single villainous threat in the movie.

I mean, we don't even have a locked in Flash solo. Shouldn't that be more of a priority? Maybe do something with Cyborg? Get Superman out there? I don't know.

I get that WB doesn't want to have the concise focus of the Marvel movies, and maybe that means more creativity and new ideas, but at the same time it just feels like too much.

This kind of just reminds me of how off-the-wall Sony was getting before they joined back with Marvel Studios to make Spider-Man movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's WB being reactionary again which is the main thing that disappoints me about them. They always have to react to something, they make a successful movie where one particular scene stands out the most so they rush to make a spin-off about the creatures from that scene. This isn't like making a spin-off about the demon nun from The Conjuring or Universal making a Fast & Furious spin-off about The Rock and Jason Statham's characters, it's making a spin-off about creatures who have no other role in the movie other than trying to eat the main characters in one scene. Maybe some people have a point and I fail to see the vision the studio supposedly has but it just seems like business as usual at WB for me.
    Or look at what they're doing with Harley Quinn, where she's the most praised aspect of Suicide Squad and then lands herself a trilogy of movies with her in the center.

My initial reaction was the same as most. A Trench movie?!? When Superman is still in limbo?

But if Wan has an idea for a potentially good, relatively low budget horror film, I’m definitely willing to give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    My initial reaction was the same as most. A Trench movie?!? When Superman is still in limbo?

But if Wan has an idea for a potentially good, relatively low budget horror film, I’m definitely willing to give it a chance.
    I'd watch a movie about a town being infested by the Trench, with only three young Atlanteans (Kaldur, Tula, and Garth) standing in their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'd watch a movie about a town being infested by the Trench, with only three young Atlanteans (Kaldur, Tula, and Garth) standing in their way.
    Then that sounds less like a Trench movie and more like an Aqualad movie .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    omg I would love this. Imagine it being somewhat of a superhero horror.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    omg I would love this. Imagine it being somewhat of a superhero horror.
    All this talk about superhero horror makes me wish the New Mutants movie would come out already.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I've heard suggestions of Dolphin being the lead heroine of the Trench horror film too. Would be down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Then that sounds less like a Trench movie and more like an Aqualad movie .
    Honestly, marketing an Aqualad movie as a Trench movie sounds like it would make a LOT more money than otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    All this talk about superhero horror makes me wish the New Mutants movie would come out already.
    The fact that it still hasn't probably tells us all we need to know about that film...
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I've heard suggestions of Dolphin being the lead heroine of the Trench horror film too. Would be down for that.
    That would be great, IMO. At any rate, I'll give it a chance at this point regardless of the characters involved.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly, marketing an Aqualad movie as a Trench movie sounds like it would make a LOT more money than otherwise.
    A Trench movie spotlighting more of the Aquafamily sounds a lot better then a Trench movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    WB need someone like Feige.
    So we can have a bunch of bland, homogenized superhero movie that all start to look the same after a while? I'd rather have a studio that tries to be innovative even if they fall flat on their ass once in a while.

Well, a Manta spin-off doesn't need to be a prequel, it could be set between Aquaman 1 and 2.

And I certainly don't mind a horror comic book movie, I just don't get why The Trench of all things. In any event, it's WB so who knows if anything would really come out of this at all.
    Horror movies are popular. Look how well the conjuring movies do. It did very well. The Trench is a double threat. A horror movie with a superhero connection. And connected to a superhero movie
    that also did well.

What I don't understand is what's the point of an "Aquaman Extended Universe". Is there a potential to tell a good story about The Trench? Maybe. But yet again WB hits one homerun and wants to milk the everloving hell out of it. When is the Hippolyta/Zeus spin-off coming out.
    There is no point of having any extended universe. Just because Marvel went that way doesn't mean it is going to work for everyone else. It is very possible to have a good Trench movie depending on
    who writes and directs it. If James Wan directs I could see it doing very well. The Hippolyta/Zeus movie will come out about the same time the Atlanna/Ocean Master movie does.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Because no one has any preconceived notions about what a Trench movie should be. At this point in time Superman is a mine field. No matter what someone does with Superman, half the audience is going to hate it.
    That's why every director keeps passing on a Superman movie. It wouldn't be their movie. It was just be a variation on someone else's movie.

A Trench movie spotlighting more of the Aquafamily sounds a lot better then a Trench movie.
    A Trench movie sounds more original.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    The fact that it still hasn't probably tells us all we need to know about that film...
    Well there was the Fox/Marvel deal happening around the same time so that is probably what killed it. Though there has been talks about it being on a streaming service.

So is it just gonna focus on the Trench themselves killing and eating people? If it's going more in that direction I hope the Trench movie is more like Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. Kinda a documentary style, not found footage per say like Cloverfield or Blair Witch but a focus on people discovering this race of creatures and documenting the encounter.