Page 761 of 985 FirstFirst ... 261661711751757758759760761762763764765771811861 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So do I have this right. Trump and the Right can throw sh*t at Warren for (accurately) claiming Native ancestry, but no push back for Trump making light of Wounded Knee or the Trail of Tears?

IOKIYAR
    Warren identified herself as Native American. That's more specific than just claiming to have some ancestry.

Having a Native American ancestor at best six generations back (which would make her 1/64th Native American) would not justify listing her race as American Indian on a state bar application, contributing to cookbooks of Native American cuisine, or being listed as a woman of color in law school directories.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/polit...can/index.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I doubt Trump gives a rat’s ass what his handlers think, otherwise he wouldn’t have done a fraction of the crazy shit he’s responsible for. As long as his knuckledragging followers enjoy Trump being racist and less presidential, he’ll continue giving them what they want. And Warren’s candidacy is manna from heaven when it comes to insult hurling.
    His handlers are very aware that the Blue Wave happened. They see minorities registering to vote, Native Americans fighting vote suppression moves against them. The handlers and backers give a rat's ass.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Warren identified herself as Native American. That's more specific than just claiming to have some ancestry.

Having a Native American ancestor at best six generations back (which would make her 1/64th Native American) would not justify listing her race as American Indian on a state bar application, contributing to cookbooks of Native American cuisine, or being listed as a woman of color in law school directories.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/polit...can/index.html
    Your party's president locks children in cages, separates them (sometimes permanently) from their parents, lets them die, uses the presidency to enrich himself, and sells out American interests to help Vladimir Putin.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Which might actually not be a bad thing. I can't imagine his handlers are happy about more opportunities for Trump to be more racist and less presidential.
    Unfortunately, Trump no longer has "handlers". People with an Authoritarian personality disorder cannot abide underlings who disagree or speak their minds. He'll habitually force such people away in favor of those who reinforce his vision of himself as infallible and correct.
    With Kelley and Mattis gone, I think the next couple of years are going to to be crazier than the last. The Republicans seem to have given up on overtly checking his impulsive behavior.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Amy Klobuchar is running.

So basically, everybody is running except Hillary, Michelle Obama and Oprah.

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

His handlers are very aware that the Blue Wave happened. They see minorities registering to vote, Native Americans fighting vote suppression moves against them. The handlers and backers give a rat's ass.
    But if the handlers and backers are ignored by Trump who continues doing whatever he wants, again, why should he care about them?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But if the handlers and backers are ignored by Trump who continues doing whatever he wants, again, why should he care about them?
    He's not going to run a campaign all by himself.

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

He's not going to run a campaign all by himself.
    Maybe that’s his goal. In any event, all Trump needs are flunkies, toadies and yes men who’ll kiss his orange ass and do whatever he wants, and those are in abundance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm still waiting for Kim Kardashian to throw her hat in the ring.

Your party's president locks children in cages, separates them (sometimes permanently) from their parents, lets them die, uses the presidency to enrich himself, and sells out American interests to help Vladimir Putin.
    This comment about an individual I haven't voted for doesn't really address my point.

The two frontrunners in polls (Biden and Sanders) haven't announced yet, which is interesting. Neither had O'Rourke, who typically polls in the top five. Their decisions are going to affect the shape of the primary.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This comment about an individual I haven't voted for doesn't really address my point.

The two frontrunners in polls (Biden and Sanders) haven't announced yet, which is interesting. Neither had O'Rourke, who typically polls in the top five. Their decisions are going to affect the shape of the primary.
    Yet you've defended him and his policies in this thread.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Yet you've defended him and his policies in this thread.
    Perhaps not Trump specifically, but he has defended that Party that keeps Trump in power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think everyone has some kind of story about their ancestry that was strictly word of mouth from the days when there were no sophisticated DNA tests. My British mother used to tell a story some of great grandfather (or maybe further back) that had met a young lady of some standing (daughter of a local lord I think). They fell in love and married without the father's permission and the daughter was disowned. But I bet that story or something similar floats around in Great Britain a lot. Probably going back to the days of kings like Edward III, who had a lot of dalliances and bastard offspring.
    My mom legit thought we were part Native American because of some stuff she remembers being in her grandparents house

Fox & Friends host says he hasn’t washed hands in 10 years: ‘Germs are not a real thing — I can’t see them’

Fox News host Pete Hegseth explained on Sunday that he doesn’t wash his hands because “germs are not a real thing.”

Following a commercial break, Fox & Friends co-host Jedediah Bila revealed that Hegseth had been munching on day-old pizza that was left on the set.
    “Pizza Hut lasts for a long time,” Hegseth replied, defending himself. “My 2019 resolution is to say things on air that I say off air. I don’t think I’ve washed my hands for 10 years. Really, I don’t really wash my hands ever.”

“I inoculate myself,” he continued. “Germs are not a real thing. I can’t see them. Therefore, they’re not real.”

Hegseth argued that his unsanitary habit leaves him immune to sickness.

“These hands look pretty clean to me,” he remarked.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

President Trump supporters form human chain at border near Sunland Park

Sunland Park, N.M. — Dozens of Trump supporters gathered at the southern border near Sunland Park to form their own wall where there isn't one.

People geared with American flags and red Make America Great Again hats stood side by side between Sunland Park and Anapra, Mexico, while chanting "build a wall."

They linked arms and lined up next to where the border fence finishes, creating a fence of their own.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.