Page 10 of 440 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is it a terrible idea?
    I don't see it as a terrible idea, but an obscure side character like Nubia being more powerful than the superhero icon this corner of the DCU revolves around seems kind of...pointless.
    Like is it a short cut to elevate Nubia to being more important than she actually is?

An adult Donna being able to battle Diana to a stand still is legit though. Treating the Titans as peers to the JL at this stage of their lives should be happening.

One thing I would keep from New 52 would be the bracelets being able to create weapons for Diana. I know it's from her god mode but I wouldn't mind if her bracelets were upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't see it as a terrible idea, but an obscure side character like Nubia being more powerful than the superhero icon this corner of the DCU revolves around seems kind of...pointless.
    Like is it a short cut to elevate Nubia to being more important than she actually is?

An adult Donna being able to battle Diana to a stand still is legit though. Treating the Titans as peers to the JL at this stage of their lives should be happening.
    I'm of the opinion that a character's out-of-universe popularity should have no bearing on how they are written within the story. How obscure Nubia is should be irrelevant to how powerful she is.

Also Nubia did beat Diana in her original incarnation.

But generally the two are tied in most other writes of her. One thing I dislike people old saying Diana only speaks truths. She is just a human. I don't mind if she generally is honest but she seems less when she is the spirit of truth. I don't mind due to the lasso she has some kind of truth detectors but it's not 100% accurate
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-10-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Wonderbat was one of the most awful things to have ever happened to this character. This blow would be even more devastating if editors who oversee the bat books are still over hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Wonderbat was one of the most awful things to have ever happened to this character. This blow would be even more devastating if editors who oversee the bat books are still over hers.
    I don't think this is controversial around here.

One thing is what should and shouldn't harm Diana. One problem Dc has is she hurt but is alive from a bullet but then have her almost dying. What would be the rule for you when dealing with a weakness for Diana?

Extraordinary Member

-Diana should not carry a sword or shield as standard equipment.

-The Amazons should not be immortal, though long lived is fine.

- Diana should grow up with an entire generation of Themysciran children

-The Amazons should have advanced technology

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing is what should and shouldn't harm Diana. One problem Dc has is she hurt but is alive from a bullet but then have her almost dying. What would be the rule for you when dealing with a weakness for Diana?
    Diana's durability is magical in nature, but the Spell requires Diana to name a weakness that bypasses it. She chooses bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Diana's durability is magical in nature, but the Spell requires Diana to name a weakness that bypasses it. She chooses bullets
    Why bullets?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Why bullets?
    In my take on her, she's going to Man's world to lead a movement for change. She feels that it is wrong to ask them to risk getting shot if she herself is immune to the danger

Yea I would love it if they brought back amazons having children. I'm curious how do you guys think no men rule should be handled? I think in generally the Amazons due to Dc now having them guarding something powerful don't want any outsiders. IF anything since there are islands around paradise island maybe there should be amazons males or just keep them all female?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea I would love it if they brought back amazons having children. I'm curious how do you guys think no men rule should be handled? I think in generally the Amazons due to Dc now having them guarding something powerful don't want any outsiders. IF anything since there are islands around paradise island maybe there should be amazons males or just keep them all female?
    No men are allowed to live on Themyscira, though they are allowed some leeway, so they're allowed to nurse Steve Trevor back to health so long as he leaves when he's healed

Extraordinary Member

I'm not interested in an invincible Diana. Like, at all.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

So what should be Diana's weakness? Honestly the best way to handle her being pierced is she can't die but it does hurt. She is okay not matter where she stab her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No men are allowed to live on Themyscira, though they are allowed some leeway, so they're allowed to nurse Steve Trevor back to health so long as he leaves when he's healed
    I wonder why many times it's the older amazons being scared due to their time in the outside world. I don't mind that.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-12-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Diana doesn't need a weakness other than equally powerful beings.