Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    So they made an Eletkra movie but not a X-Women movie?
    Elektra (and Catwoman) were their reasonings for NOT making a female led movie. Both Fox and WB cited those movies as failures for the reason why it took Wonder Woman so long to get made. It was constantly pointed out that Tomb Raider did well (that was Angelina) what about the Hunger Games (crickets and stammerings usually ensued.) It wasn't until Marvel started seriously talking about doing Captain Marvel that WB got their buts in gear and put out Wonder Woman so Marvel wouldn't beat them to the punch. Even then, they were not optimistic in Wonder Woman selling. Under the Disney banner and with Fiege in charge, we might actually get something more like what Donner had envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Not gonna expect something like this from Disney's Marvel Studio movies either. We'll get Black Panther and Captain Marvel... that's it!

Meanwhile, DC already has Wonder Woman out and is going to do a Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn movies. And we're gonna get Wonder Woman 2.

The Marvel Studios movies just don't care about having women front and center. Look at the Avengers. Total sausage fest. And omg... we're gonna get another Spider-Man movie already, even though his last movies were box office flops according to the studios..! (It's why Sony let go of Spider-Man... their movies weren't making as much as they had hoped.)
    We live in the real world DC has Wonder Woman. One movie. Marvel will have out. One female movie next month. Don't DC give no extra for not doing anything I mean then we give credit to Marvel for Antman and the Wasp and Black Widow which is going into production this year,On Disney plus Scarlet Witch and Vision. Oh Yeah Black Panther did amazing jobs Shuri,Okaye and Nakia. So lets not be crazy both companies are doing a mediocre jobs with females characters. Both Marvel and DC I guess are trying now but Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Harley Quinn and (Yeah the Birds of Prey cast is diverse), Hmmmmm what is the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Elektra (and Catwoman) were their reasonings for NOT making a female led movie. Both Fox and WB cited those movies as failures for the reason why it took Wonder Woman so long to get made. It was constantly pointed out that Tomb Raider did well (that was Angelina) what about the Hunger Games (crickets and stammerings usually ensued.) It wasn't until Marvel started seriously talking about doing Captain Marvel that WB got their buts in gear and put out Wonder Woman so Marvel wouldn't beat them to the punch. Even then, they were not optimistic in Wonder Woman selling. Under the Disney banner and with Fiege in charge, we might actually get something more like what Donner had envisioned.
    WB had been trying to get a WW movie made long before Marvel even considered Captain Marvel. They could have easily given Carol or any of the other female characters they had access to films. Hell, people were asking for a Black Widow movie as far back as when the Avengers came out. Even the Thor movies, Marvel's most mediocre output still pulled in money.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We live in the real world DC has Wonder Woman. One movie. Marvel will have out. One female movie next month. Don't DC give no extra for not doing anything I mean then we give credit to Marvel for Antman and the Wasp and Black Widow which is going into production this year,On Disney plus Scarlet Witch and Vision. Oh Yeah Black Panther did amazing jobs Shuri,Okaye and Nakia. So lets not be crazy both companies are doing a mediocre jobs with females characters. Both Marvel and DC I guess are trying now but Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Harley Quinn and (Yeah the Birds of Prey cast is diverse), Hmmmmm what is the pattern.
    What pattern? DC put out Wonder Woman before Marvel ever did Captain Marvel and I doubt they'd have even considered a Black Widow movie if WW hadn't done so well. And quality aside, you can't say they haven't tried to make female led superhero movies before as seen with Catwoman.

How can that be when such characters die very early in the movie?

It is focuses entirely on Jean rather than the team according to Kinberg. Hence no X-Men in the title.
    Not sure where you heard that. As of last screening, Lawrence leads the space shuttle mission with creates Phoenix, and both McAvoy and Fassbender have large roles as well.

I would definitely see a X-Woman movie. I wonder who she had in mind for the cast and the antagonist? I really enjoyed Wonder Woman, I'm not super excited for Captain Marvel, but that has more to do with how the trailers have looked, I feel like Larson is so monotone when she talks. I am all in on a Black Widow movie though, Scar Jo has been killing it for years in that role and she should've gotten her own movie already.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What pattern? DC put out Wonder Woman before Marvel ever did Captain Marvel and I doubt they'd have even considered a Black Widow movie if WW hadn't done so well. And quality aside, you can't say they haven't tried to make female led superhero movies before as seen with Catwoman.
    I don't know why you guys are trying to praise DC for putting out the most famous female character in all of comics arguably their 3rd biggest IP.Who was Iconic before the movie and property that was most likely any female project to succeed. NO I am not give DC or Marvel credit they both suck. DC taking so long put a Wonder Woman project is attrious, At least Marvel has the slight excuse not have a real strong female IP to sell. DC was sitting basically "Spiderman" to "Hulk" level franchise and not using her. No DC does not credit for doing what they could have done for years was someone hold a gun to WB executives head all these years when they were putting only Batman or Superman movies? Both companies suck.

If you can't see pattern both companies are going to make up lost time by pushing movies with White Women as leads.Progress whoop dee doo.. Yeah I am not impressed with Marvel or DC maybe when we get Katana, Vixen, Ms Marvel, Daughters of the Dragon, Spectrum, Shuri, Storm, America, Batwoman,Valkyrie etc movies something would have really changed.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-14-2019 at 12:43 AM.

BANNED

Feige out, Donner is my new best friend

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

New Mutants is generally a female dominated team. They often had more female characters than males in their line up. Cannonball and Sunspot will be the only guys in that film.

I don't know why you guys are trying to praise DC for putting out the most famous female character in all of comics arguably their 3rd biggest IP.Who was Iconic before the movie and property that was most likely any female project to succeed. NO I am not give DC or Marvel credit they both suck. DC taking so long put a Wonder Woman project is attrious, At least Marvel has the slight excuse not have a real strong female IP to sell. DC was sitting basically "Spiderman" to "Hulk" level franchise and not using her. No DC does not credit for doing what they could have done for years was someone hold a gun to WB executives head all these years when they were putting only Batman or Superman movies? Both companies suck.

If you can't see pattern both companies are going to make up lost time by pushing movies with White Women as leads.Progress whoop dee doo.. Yeah I am not impressed with Marvel or DC maybe when we get Katana, Vixen, Ms Marvel, Daughters of the Dragon, Spectrum, Shuri, Storm, America, Batwoman,Valkyrie etc movies something would have really changed.
    WW's iconography is irrelevant in this case. The point is WB/DC still put out a a film starring a female lead. Should we have gotten one years ago? Yes. Just as Marvel should have put out a movie starring a female lead as well. And no them not supposedly having any strong female IPs isn't a valid excuse when they made movies about male characters that up until recently were not strong IPs. By your logic, WB shouldn't even bother with female led superhero movies because it's apparently too little too late.

And Birds of Prey features Cass Cain and Renee Montoya so yeah I would say WB is being progressive. Also Katana was in a movie. The quality of said film is debatable of course.

DC doesn't make movies Warner Bros does and you know why there was no rush to do a WW movie? Because it wasn't a guarantee money maker and they could make other prestigious female led films because they had little interest in superheroes until the MCU starting breaking records. Their first Superman movie was Superman Returns the Salkinds and Cannon made the Reeves films and after that Returns underperformed it took 7 years for Man of Steel to be released. Batman was their only go to hero and even he got benched for nearly a decade after Batman and Robin. If your going to judge Warner Bros then just them as a whole and not in a DC bubble same for Fox in truth. As for Marvel Studios it can't be stressed enough how much Perlmutter was a hindrance to creating a films starring female or minority leads and him getting ousted in 2015 is a big reasons things are starting to change at Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    WW's iconography is irrelevant in this case. The point is WB/DC still put out a a film starring a female lead. Should we have gotten one years ago? Yes. Just as Marvel should have put out a movie starring a female lead as well. And no them not supposedly having any strong female IPs isn't a valid excuse when they made movies about male characters that up until recently were not strong IPs. By your logic, WB shouldn't even bother with female led superhero movies because it's apparently too little too late.

And Birds of Prey features Cass Cain and Renee Montoya so yeah I would say WB is being progressive. Also Katana was in a movie. The quality of said film is debatable of course.
    Being Iconic and having fairly prolific comic franchise is relevant when people trying to put on praise DC for being "ahead" when they are bigger offender. And Yes it is a "slightly" valid excuse when you are putting out IP that clear better selling and are more known them getting around to Captain Marvel or Black Widow after putting out Hulk,Thor, Captain America, Ant man, Avengers, and Black Panther. Only Guardians of Galaxy is questionable choice of over Black Widow or Captain Marvel every one of the those other IP are stronger and it makes sense to put them out before female project hence the "slightly" valid reason. As mentioned Wonder Woman is arguably the 3rd best IP for DC they put out Green Lantern movie before Wonder Woman movie,Heck they put out Jonah Hex and John Constantine movie before a Wonder Woman movie. I am not letting Marvel off the hook for sucking I am just saying DC sucked worse in this race.

No where in post did I even hint that DC shouldn't be putting out female hero movies. I am not just impressed by what DC is doing either I am not going to praise them more for doing equal crap job and DC has been sitting on this Birds of Prey project forever(it had script done) and as diverse as it took one of biggest female stars pushing like crazy to get it made .It would probably be sitting development without Margot Robbie. And Robbie's character leading the push is kinda crapping on the source material . When you combine Harley Quinn push,Lack of Batgirl/Oracle and Black Canary not looking like her traditional self(which irritates some fanboys) it is somewhat a shaky project imo. Both companies have don't have good records in discussion but only one of these companies own Wonder Woman and Batgirl the two female projects with name recognition and fairly large fanbase which should be sure shot hits and would have broken the stigma females movies not selling.

I am glad they are putting out female lead superhero movies don't get me wrong,And every project makes it easier for the next one to come out and be successful. But I think praise either of the big 2 companies as doing "better" is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    DC doesn't make movies Warner Bros does and you know why there was no rush to do a WW movie? Because it wasn't a guarantee money maker and they could make other prestigious female led films because they had little interest in superheroes until the MCU starting breaking records. Their first Superman movie was Superman Returns the Salkinds and Cannon made the Reeves films and after that Returns underperformed it took 7 years for Man of Steel to be released. Batman was their only go to hero and even he got benched for nearly a decade after Batman and Robin. If your going to judge Warner Bros then just them as a whole and not in a DC bubble same for Fox in truth..
    I agree with what your saying and my criticism is DC had the most stable female IP to prove the point wrong that female could sell and they didn't use it,They don't get credit imo for years later finally using an asset they should have used wayyyy before. I will give Fox actual credit because they at least tried with Electra with no proof that it would work.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-14-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not sure where you heard that. As of last screening, Lawrence leads the space shuttle mission with creates Phoenix, and both McAvoy and Fassbender have large roles as well.
    I’m talking about Lawrence’s character dying which was made obvious in the trailer and interviews.

"LAUREN DONNER WANTED A MOVIE ABOUT THE X-WOMEN" but executives told her: no man, just focus on Charles and Magneto to death.

congrats Fox, you really know how to explore this universe to its fullest.

It is focuses entirely on Jean rather than the team according to Kinberg. Hence no X-Men in the title.
    Okay, but that's not really how it's been marketed, based on the trailers.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)