Page 134 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    mistakes were made last night fellow Wakandans mistakes were made

they could have left the Storm part out
    I think Marvel still thinks storm has some sort of star power still or something.. who knows. But ya that could of been left out. Talked more about the HZ and doras or something or more of his fears like wielding the IG or Molly whooping skrulls

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If we gotta sacrifice Wakandans to see T'challa weild the infinity gauntlet and then bring them all back... is that a bad thing?

I know where I stand (team #theyarejustredshirts #sacrificethemforfeats).

That was the problem with IW from a BP fan perspective... all that redshirt sacrifice with no feats

Redjack, are you a Cap fan or did he just naturally fit the story you wanted to tell with BP?
    We didn't really get to see the full power of Wakanda like we should of. Especially being the most technologically advanced nation on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Cap's my favorite Marvel character after the Prowler.
    Which prowler?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Which prowler?
    hobie brown. what i look like?

Is Contest of Champions worth playing? Dave and Busters is getting an arcade version and BP is in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...e-and-busters/

If we gotta sacrifice Wakandans to see T'challa weild the infinity gauntlet and then bring them all back... is that a bad thing?

I know where I stand (team #theyarejustredshirts #sacrificethemforfeats).

That was the problem with IW from a BP fan perspective... all that redshirt sacrifice with no feats
    It's only problematic when the glory doesn't outweigh the bullshit (Doomwar) or when it does (Secret Wars) but there's no real recognition or celebration for it and instead just a continuation of bullshit (Coates run).

It's like being down 3-1 in the championship, you make the GOAT comeback, drop a 50-10-10 triple double in game 7, including the game winning assist to Reed as time expires in double OT vs a 73-9 juggernaut... but there's no trophy presentation, no parade, and they fedex the mvp trophy to Reed, instead of you, 3 years later, after nobody cares anymore. Not cool.

But my point is this: that 73-9 juggernaut is coming for team Wakanda regardless. That doesn't change if Shuri or another BP is the franchise player; maybe how thing get there changes but the 1-3 series deficit will be the same because the writers are gonna get from point A to their desired point B regardless. At the point, it's will the writers give those other BPs the same respect they (somewhat) give T'Challa to climb out of that hole? Ehhh... grass ain't always greener.

Either that or (best case scenario) they get 1 or 2 good stories, then are put on the shelf bc no writer wants to use them if they can't burn **** down. Or they get a nnedi, and you get what you currently have. grass still ain't greener.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

BANNED

Just letting you guys know that due to health and personal issues I'm dealing with at the moment, I won't be posting for awhile.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Just letting you guys know that due to health and personal issues I'm dealing with at the moment, I won't be posting for awhile.

Peace.
    Take care, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is Contest of Champions worth playing? Dave and Busters is getting an arcade version and BP is in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...e-and-busters/
    i was a CoC OG.

It was a rather passable 1v1 easy to learn fighting game but idk if you can learn the timing quickly on an arcarde.

They did change the mechanics after I left making the prevailing startegy t the time impossible so that may have changed how fun it is lol.

The problem with the game was the loot box gambling nature of it. The camel that broke my back was going all i (saved months of crystals because I was free to play) on black mordo and coming up empty so I rage quit lol

I did have CW Black Panther and he was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It's only problematic when the glory doesn't outweigh the bullshit (Doomwar) or when it does (Secret Wars) but there's no real recognition or celebration for it and instead just a continuation of bullshit (Coates run).

It's like being down 3-1 in the championship, you make the GOAT comeback, drop a 50-10-10 triple double in game 7, including the game winning assist to Reed as time expires in double OT vs a 73-9 juggernaut... but there's no trophy presentation, no parade, and they fedex the mvp trophy to Reed, instead of you, 3 years later, after nobody cares anymore. Not cool.

But my point is this: that 73-9 juggernaut is coming for team Wakanda regardless. That doesn't change if Shuri or another BP is the franchise player; maybe how thing get there changes but the 1-3 series deficit will be the same because the writers are gonna get from point A to their desired point B regardless. At the point, it's will the writers give those other BPs the same respect they (somewhat) give T'Challa to climb out of that hole? Ehhh... grass ain't always greener.

Either that or (best case scenario) they get 1 or 2 good stories, then are put on the shelf bc no writer wants to use them if they can't burn **** down. Or they get a nnedi, and you get what you currently have. grass still ain't greener.
    Secret Empire was a good example of what happens even if BP isn't doing anything... conquered in 3 pages my Faustus lol.

At least we didn't see the "how" so we can use plausible deniability! and BP got to punch zemo. Fair trade? Feels like a salary cap relif swap at best.

Peace.
    Get some rest man
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Default Take care of yourself Brother.

Peace.
    I hope it is nothing too serious and these forums will be here forever so don't stress about posting.

I've appreciated your excellent insightful posts since you first joined CBR over a decade ago but health comes first.

Take care of yourself brother Maj.

Attachment 78585

Hotep

Daoud

Peace.
    Get better bro.

Check your pm
    Black Panther vs Thor

Secret Empire was a good example of what happens even if BP isn't doing anything... conquered in 3 pages my Faustus lol.

At least we didn't see the "how" so we can use plausible deniability! and BP got to punch zemo. Fair trade? Feels like a salary cap relif swap at best.
    What we saw there, with BP's behavior and the resulting consequences, is exactly how I'd expect them to depict pre-Coates Shuri in these big events. The writer gonna get what we wants before it's time to put all the toys back for the next guy... unless there is no next guy, in which case he may just leave the toys broken. i.e. Nighthawk
    Last edited by Rumble; 02-16-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Peace.
    Hey Brotha, sending some HSH your way for a speedy recovery. Get well and take care

i was a CoC OG.

It was a rather passable 1v1 easy to learn fighting game but idk if you can learn the timing quickly on an arcarde.

They did change the mechanics after I left making the prevailing startegy t the time impossible so that may have changed how fun it is lol.

The problem with the game was the loot box gambling nature of it. The camel that broke my back was going all i (saved months of crystals because I was free to play) on black mordo and coming up empty so I rage quit lol

I did have CW Black Panther and he was cool

Get some rest man
    We won't discuss the stupidity of Faustus randomly beating T'Challa. That was straight up trash

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I didn't keep up with Secret Empire all that well, but I think I remember some panels in which Ant-Man went to Wakanda to ask BP for a Cosmic Cube shard, and BP refused to give it up because "Finders, keepers; Losers, weepers" and the whole "f*ck the rest of the world" thing. Which, to me seemed really out of character and it just read like someone writing T'Challa and having a complete misunderstanding of his character. And then Wakanda got invaded and he got captured a few issues later.

The whole thing was dumb (and really, that event was stupid the moment it became an event). I've seen a few people say in response to the ending of the MCU film that T'Challa is most interesting when he's telling the rest of the world to f*ck off, but that to me has always felt like a Namor/Doom/Magneto thing, and not T'Challa. He doesn't ask for help because he knows he and his nation are capable, but at the same time he knows Wakanda is a target because of what they are so he is wary of outsiders (except a select few he trusts).

Peace.
    Hope you feel better soon mate.