Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

The funny thing about Apex Legends is that they're inadvertently hurting Anthem by releasing it at virtually the same time, they're doing the EXACT same thing they did with Titanfall 2 again, it's amazing.

BANNED

Anyone here wants to talk about the newest God of War ? I just finished the game today and have a lot of questions.

Amazing game.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I went from feeling meh about Arkham Asylum to being really into it and I'm not sure when or how that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Anyone here wants to talk about the newest God of War ? I just finished the game today and have a lot of questions.
    Fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I went from feeling meh about Arkham Asylum to being really into it and I'm not sure when or how that happened.
    Well, the gameplay is pretty solid.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Activision as you brought up also lost a big hit on stock due to investors not happy that Call of Duty : Black Ops IV only did $500+ million that 1st few weeks. The investors got mad and the end result was them forcing this. Which will continue to become a trend. EA wasn't happy with sales of Battlefield V. But as Sterling pointed out they aren't happy that Battlefield V moved 7+ million copies thus far. That it didn't move more so they too suffered a stock drop (the biggest in like 20+ years).

Apex Legends will go awhile but knowing EA people are wondering when they'll **** the game up. With tons of loot boxes etc and drive those 25+ million players slowly away to make huge cash ins.
    Someone really needs to sit down with all the executives and shareholders and carefully explain to them that both an audience and the money that said audience has are finite resources, therefore constant growth is mathematically impossible and they should be aiming at reaching and maintaining a stable income level or at least diversify their output so that they attract new audiences, which would require hiring *more* and different game designing staff rather than getting rid of the ones they already have.

Preferably with shock collars.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Someone really needs to sit down with all the executives and shareholders and carefully explain to them that both an audience and the money that said audience has are finite resources, therefore constant growth is mathematically impossible and they should be aiming at reaching and maintaining a stable income level or at least diversify their output so that they attract new audiences, which would require hiring *more* and different game designing staff rather than getting rid of the ones they already have.

Preferably with shock collars.
    Jim Sterling made a great point that these companies and stockholders believe that each game and year they need more...and more...and more profits. That if money stays the same they don't understand this . Its the whole unreasonable expectations that have hurt these companies. Look at Battlefield V. The game has moved 7+ million copies thus far. Yet is a failure because they expected more. Way more than what was possible.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jim Sterling made a great point that these companies and stockholders believe that each game and year they need more...and more...and more profits. That if money stays the same they don't understand this . Its the whole unreasonable expectations that have hurt these companies. Look at Battlefield V. The game has moved 7+ million copies thus far. Yet is a failure because they expected more. Way more than what was possible.
    They expected for Battlefield V to outperform Battlefield 1. What's silly is that BFV only fell 1 million short of the expectation. Even more hilarious, EA blamed the game focusing on single player and not launching with the battle royale mode for it's perceived failure. EA doesn't want to acknowledge the shitty marketing and attacking the fans may have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They expected for Battlefield V to outperform Battlefield 1. What's silly is that BFV only fell 1 million short of the expectation. Even more hilarious, EA blamed the game focusing on single player and not launching with the battle royale mode for it's perceived failure. EA doesn't want to acknowledge the shitty marketing and attacking the fans may have something to do with it.
    Releasing it around Red Dead Redemption 2 and Black Ops IV wasn't such a wise move really. Those 2 games were taking the big $$$ that month and even bumping it a month back didn't help.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Releasing it around Red Dead Redemption 2 and Black Ops IV wasn't such a wise move really. Those 2 games were taking the big $$$ that month and even bumping it a month back didn't help.
    The game was released a month later those games. It would have "tanked" harder had it kept it's original date.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The game was released a month later those games. It would have "tanked" harder had it kept it's original date.
    It was released 3 weeks after Red Dead Redemption 2 and a month after Call of Duty IV. But as mentioned above the game sold 7.3 million copies by the end of 2018 and is considered a failure. Like how Activision laid off staff recently due to stockholders not happy that the last Call of Duty didn't do bigger. In fact you wanna know how stupid this is. Black Ops IV from October-November did close to a billion dollars in total sales. Its likely passed that by now.

Yet was deemed not good enough by stockholders. EA's people were unhappy that Battlefield V sold this much and hell were unhappy Star Wars : Battlefront II only sold 9+ million copies from 2017-2018. Claiming they expected at least 10+ million copies sold. (Yes EA did this). In most worlds a game selling 7+ million copies in 3-4 months would be something deemed great and for an incomplete game that really didn't ship with all the content...WOW. Instead it was considered a failure.

Its the whole unreasonable expectations again. These companies expect HUGE sales repeatedly and hit all these numbers and growth each year. Not realizing that a lot of games will not hit these insane target numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Glad to hear it. When your get to Arkham city is when the real fun begins. Open world city rather then a couple open courtyards and buildings you can go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Glad to hear it. When your get to Arkham city is when the real fun begins. Open world city rather then a couple open courtyards and buildings you can go in.
    Its the rare case where the sequel game is way , way better than the 1st one. It lived up to what Rocksteady claimed.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I love the entire Arkham series actually... though I did have the advantage of coming into Arkham Knight when it was complete and had a cheaper season pass, so I could see why it annoyed some people.

So just saw a video where the Microsoft's corporate VP has lashed out at game reviewers given the terrible response to Anthem thus far. Mike Ybarra went on twitter and attacked game reviewers and telling people they should go watch streamers play it instead. As Dreamcastguy brought up in a video response , a reason Ybarra did this is because Microsoft is more than likely paying streamers to play the game for days to advertise it good. You can't buy a reviewer.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mik...%80%9D.100839/

But the last 2 years of Exclusives and games have tanked for Microsoft comically. Sea of Thieves was a dud at launch , State of Decay 2 also failed and this past year Crackdown 3 has gotten terrible reviews as well. Now the exclusive deal with Anthem as it bombs is driving them insane. The last 2 years have really effected Microsoft and its a reason why they went on a studio buying spree due to how bad the exclusives were the company had.