Page 178 of 827 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 12391
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from what could be a disgraced actor if proven true ; to someone who is accomplished and all....Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are in Georgia shooting Bad Boys 4 Life. The 3rd film in the series. Smith shot a nice behind the scenes vlog of the shoot.

Smith did reveal one thing in this vlog that I'm sure none of his fans knew.....he has high blood pressure and on medication. He showed himself taking it joking around with food basically. He doesn't drink water after seeing his dog do this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

W.T.F !

A Brooklyn precinct commander is being investigated by the NYPD for allegedly threatening the celebrity’s life — telling his officers at a roll call to “shoot him on sight,” the Daily News has learned.
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/nyp...ASs-rrJyFCWXYM

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Buuuut why would he do it?
    Starting to look like this could be the "Why?"...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/07/jussi...anges-chicago/

FBI Checking 'Empire' Mail After Chicago Attack

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...staged-attack/

Jussie Smollett Case: Clues Into Potential Motive Behind The Attack
    Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In other words just another Attention seeking Becky crying Black! or in this case White!(but potentially Black!?!) In the dark.
    lol except for my excellent joke above this 'story' is beyooond boring for me. I've never watched Empire or know anything about this dude except he's gay and his sister was on Full House,Eve's Bayou and all his damn Brother's and sisters had a show in the 90s
    Is there something I'm missing?

Invincible Member

In other words just another Attention seeking Becky crying Black! or in this case White!(but potentially Black!?!) In the dark.
    lol except for my excellent joke above this 'story' is beyooond boring for me. I've never watched Empire or know anything about this dude except he's gay and his sister was on Full House,Eve's Bayou and all his damn Brother's and sisters had a show in the 90s
    Is there something I'm missing?
    It might be more serious than that. He didn't just see some white people somewhere, over react and call the cops. In an misguided attempt to bring attention to an important issue, he make have faked an incident and lied to the police. We're already living in a world where the police and the public don't always take violence against gays and minorities seriously, something doesn't help us at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It might be more serious than that. He didn't just see some white people somewhere, over react and call the cops. In an misguided attempt to bring attention to an important issue, he make have faked an incident and lied to the police. We're already living in a world where the police and the public don't always take violence against gays and minorities seriously, something doesn't help us at all.
    Calling the Cops generally speaking doesn't work out too well for black folks.

If this guy really staged a crime without understanding how he could have gotten his accomplices and possibly other peeps that vaguely looked like them KILLED he deserves the worst that both the justice system and the prison system can give him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Curtis is trollish enough to see this through to some end

likely a pension and retirement but still
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I've never watched Empire or know anything about this dude except he's gay and his sister was on Full House,Eve's Bayou and all his damn Brother's and sisters had a show in the 90s. Is there something I'm missing?
    The level of fame he has now is due to Empire. His sister Jurnee (from Eve's Bayou, The Great Debaters, etc.) is the most well known out of his siblings.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The level of fame he has now is due to Empire. His sister Jurnee (from Eve's Bayou, The Great Debaters, etc.) is the most well known out of his siblings.
    Ah okay....one thing that kinda irked me was how his "incident" got all of black Twitter quoting James Baldwin like he just dropped a single with Cardi B ...if it's a false report.... looking foolish lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Curtis is trollish enough to see this through to some end

likely a pension and retirement but still
    Curtis is also lucky as hell, IMO.

If that dude-a Precinct Comander-really was shaking down clubs (those allegations are the source of their beef) who knows what else he's capable of. NYPD Cops tend to solve all their problems with a hail of bullets as is.

Blind luck that the guy mouthed off in front of witnesses instead of actually having it done.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    You don't need to stage anything and pretty much END your career.

We got plenty of examples that could be tossed out to bring attention to it.

Better yet why not use some of that Empire money to do a film about it. Like a normal person would.

He did all that to go after Trump and help his "friend" Mrs. Harris run for President. All he did was screw her over with this as she now plays DUMB about it.

Ah okay....one thing that kinda irked me was how his "incident" got all of black Twitter quoting James Baldwin like he just dropped a single with Cardi B ...if it's a false report.... looking foolish lol
    I think folks were supportive because of the attack on a gay man and added bonus was the MAGA angle. However this made things worst for the LGBTQ & Black community.

The sitcom in question was On Our Own with Ralph Harris (Tv One's My Momma can Throwdown) who dressed as a woman to keep his family together.

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1097941271606218753

AnyoneComics

@AnyoneComics
    Feb 18
    Customer asked me "where's the story of if only White People had superpowers?" I handed them JSA Archives Volume 1, Marvel Masterworks Avengers Vol 1, Marvel Masterworks X-Men Vol 1, Showcase Presents Teen Titans Vol 1, Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol 1.
    He didn't buy them

He could've offered Morrison's 90s lineup on Justice League, the 2000's Avengers with superficial Triathlon, or any X-Men roster when Storm isn't around. Here's a handy chart for all the times that black Avengers DIDN'T appear together – or at all. BYE!

I feel my wife capes for anything featured or debuting on the first page of her Netflix profile so of course she's rocked with damn near 10 eps of Umbrella Academy this past weekend. I walk past and did notice Mary J. Blige though, don't know how much of it she's in but that's kind of random and dope. Meebee I'll give it a LOOK, on that alone.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

alright I have to take a consensus with you guys. Do you guys feel like me that Bendis seems to be the only writer able to create successful new minority heroes currently? First Miles Morales, then Ironheart, now Naomi is selling out (and is a really good book.)
    I believe it's largely due to his manga style writing approach, which fits really well for teenage characters where manga is more popular than comics in that age demographic. Especially after the crash and burn of dc's dark matter series, which had a group of
    high profile writers and artists, it feels like bendis is the only one that can do and do it right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    alright I have to take a consensus with you guys. Do you guys feel like me that Bendis seems to be the only writer able to create successful new minority heroes currently? First Miles Morales, then Ironheart, now Naomi is selling out (and is a really good book.)
    I believe it's largely due to his manga style writing approach, which fits really well for teenage characters where manga is more popular than comics in that age demographic. Especially after the crash and burn of dc's dark matter series, which had a group of
    high profile writers and artists, it feels like bendis is the only one that can do and do it right.
    Everybody who was considered major writing talent in the Big 2 in 2010 has either left mainstream comics altogether or is at DC now.

So I'm really not surprised at all.