Page 127 of 626 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    is there any case of the Phoenix force granting super strenght or invulneravility?
    i think i remember it happened one time but i'm not sure when/where
    Not that I'm aware of. Any instance of Jean, Rachel, QQQ, Hope, or the P5 tanking a big hit can be chalked up to TK. Enhanced strength or speed does not seem to be in the power set.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Any instance of Jean, Rachel, QQQ, Hope, or the P5 tanking a big hit can be chalked up to TK. Enhanced strength or speed does not seem to be in the power set.
    I don't have my copy at the moment but didn't P5 Emma punch thor or something like that?

I don't have my copy at the moment but didn't P5 Emma punch thor or something like that?
    In Diamond Form, during the one-on-one fights. The strength of the hit can be chalked up to

1) Her enhanced strength in diamond form combined with
    2) The Phoenix's resiliency allowing her to hit harder and
    3) During the one-on-one's the canon was so much putty.

EDIT: I mean, I'm a diehard Emma fan, and she got to punch out the God of Thunder while possessed by a cosmic firebird. That is completely fucking metal. But I wouldn't take the one-on-ones as anything more than fun little what if scenarios.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 03-17-2019 at 01:59 PM.

1) Her enhanced strength in diamond form combined with
    Oops, i always forget she has super strenght on diamond form
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-17-2019 at 04:23 PM.

is there any case of the Phoenix force granting super strenght or invulneravility?
    i think i remember it happened one time but i'm not sure when/where
    I thought Jean as Dark Phoenix had enhanced strength when she fought Wolverine, Colossus and Gladiator?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought Jean as Dark Phoenix had enhanced strength when she fought Wolverine, Colossus and Gladiator?
    It's difficult to distinguish what is strength based and what is her using her TK to hit them.

It's difficult to distinguish what is strength based and what is her using her TK to hit them.
    True.

But other than those fighting examples, Jean as Phoenix or DP did not seem to physically fling things or people around. Thus, it could be inferred that those were example!es if Phoenix/Dark Phoenix using enhanced physical strength. And it certainly would not be beyond the PF to enhance speed, strength, durability, intelligence, reason, awareness or even to give cosmic awareness.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's probably tactile telekinesis like Superboy had in the 1990s. Telekinesis that augment's the user's strength.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Now that i think of it. Thane used the PF to go toe to toe with thanos in a punch fight and cyclops did the same with a bunch of heroes like hulk on AvX. I suppose the PF can grant enhanced strenght and durability
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-17-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Now that i think of it. Thane used the PF to go toe to toe with thanos in a punch fight and cyclops did the same with a bunch of heroes like hulk on AvX. I suppose the PF can grant enhanced strenght and durability
    Thane already had enhanced strength before the Phoenix, so the boost may not be standard. I don't recall Cyclops actively punching much during AvX. It was either TK, eye beams, or flight based tackling of others.

I'm pretty sure the pf would have no trouble bequeathing super strength upon his user if such thing would be required, it's just that it's basically useless when you can manipulate matter and energy at will.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-17-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I wouldn't say Byrne hated Jean. I Guess he didn't like Phoenix being so powerful. A lot of people were against Claremont and Cockrum making a cosmic female character as a hero. They didn't want her going up against Thor, Lein W didn't want her to beat his character Firelord.

https://uncannyxmen.net/secrets-behi...nix-had-to-die

There's a lot of quotes and sources there, and here are some scans from Phoenix:the untold story, that had an interview from all the big players behind the scene.

Comics during that time were weird. They could have easily made Maddy Jeans real Body with Amnesia and the Phoenix Jeans mind forming a body that could handle the power like Onslaught did with the two rejoining and Jean being whole again with her powers back in full then you would have had any of the clone stuff. Aren't these people supposed to be creative yet they always seem to take the easy way out. Same people who told us Superheroes don't kill, kill people all the time. I've always said the creations would find their creators wanting.

BANNED

Super strength as a power doesn't really suit Jean, it's weird to picture her punching and kicking her way through a crowd of bad guys, even without the Phoenix her powerset is potent enough to render fancy kung fu meaningless and unnecessary, and she doesn't seem to be the type that just enjoys getting into fights just for the sake of it.

Thane already had enhanced strength before the Phoenix, so the boost may not be standard. I don't recall Cyclops actively punching much during AvX. It was either TK, eye beams, or flight based tackling of others.
    There is a moment like when he stops Mjolnir with his hand that can give the feeling of super strength but yes, I think it is "dramatic" telekinesis.

What confuses me is when Hawkeye sticks an arrow in the back of his neck. I would say that invulnerability is more ambiguous.

In the film I want to see Jean rearrange her x-men uniform into that red look.
    First X-Lady