Page 83 of 272 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Ugh Thomas... May he get stomped over by the Bat-cow. Damian can then adopt the Horse, the Horse is innocent...
    I hated Bruce shooting a horse earlier in the run when he his house is practically a zoo. + Like Dude you had other, better means of transportation. Why make a horse carry 2people?

I hope this run is revealed for be nothing but an illness induced fever dream. I don't think Thomas why is working with Bane. Surley there are other ways to make Bruce quit. Not to mention that fact that everyone ignores. Bruce was still Batman even when he was happy with Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Teen Titans #28 preview

The Teen Titans haven’t always met with success since Damian Wayne reformed the team back in last summer’s TEEN TITANS #20…but they’d better find their A-game quickly. While Damian is still recovering from a recent battle with Red Hood (the less said about that, the better, as far as Robin is concerned), he’s nevertheless set his sights on a new criminal target—Deathstroke. In last week’s DEATHSTROKE #41, it was revealed that Damian has a plan in motion to bring down the longtime Titans nemesis, who seems to be an agent of the mysterious and deadly crime lord known as The Other.

Damian’s plan will come to light in Wednesday’s TEEN TITANS #28, which kicks off “The Terminus Agenda,” a thrilling new four-part crossover between Adam Glass and Bernard Chang’s Teen Titans and Christopher Priest and Carlo Pagulayan’s Deathstroke. However, first he’ll need to convince the Titans that they’re ready for this mission, something which they’re not the least bit confident about

Can you really blame them? In recent months, Damian, Red Arrow, Kid Flash, Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse have found themselves knocked down by super-villains and their own insecurities, and while they’ve all gradually grown closer to each other, they’re still not always tight as a team. But to bring down Slade Wilson, they’ll need to put all their doubts aside and work together more effectively than ever before. Because as Deathstroke has proven time and time again, he doesn’t lose often, and he doesn’t think twice about putting his enemies down permanently. No matter how young they happen to be.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...et-deathstroke

It begins.

That write-up is pretty BS since there's an illegal jail packed full of success's. The team has had one loss. An attempt to create shortcomings and weaknesses to compensate for the feat they are about to pull off.

Also the shade on Black Mask [some street level criminal]
    Looks like Slade has the upperhand first. All the TT seem to be down.

So Slade is working with The Other? Do we get a reveal in this cross over?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Looks like Slade has the upperhand first. All the TT seem to be down.

So Slade is working with The Other? Do we get a reveal in this cross over?
    Sounded to me like Damian is lying about DS just to get the team to fight him

Incredible Member

So... spoilers:
    DS plans on staying prisoner in order to save Damian from this dark path in TT 28
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So... spoilers:
    DS plans on staying prisoner in order to save Damian from this dark path in TT 28
    end of spoilers
    Something is fishy here.

I enjoyed teen Titans. Not as much as I would have expected following the set up we got at the end of Deathstroke [those two pages of Damian and Wallace by Priest was much better than this entire TT issue].
    I wish Priest was writing the whole thing. The two writers are not on the same level at all.

I hope we start getting more answers soon. Deathstroke and Damian was fire.

the reveal looks like stuff should be hitting up next issue and thank heavens it's The Priest writing it.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 10:24 AM.

I just...kinda want this run to end. Damian's my favorite Robin. Titans is my favorite Superhero team. The thought of him having his own team of Titans was a dream come true....at first. Then the first run ended up being pretty good in some places but needed A LOT of improvement in others, while this current run...I just feel has never made it past being "okay" at best.

Due mostly in part to how erratic Damian has been as a character, as of late. Outside of when he's written by Tomasi (who pretty much made the character everything he is after Morrison) or King, he hasn't really felt....right for a good chunk of the past two or three years. Which, I guess is understandable. Between his relationship with Bruce deteriorating (again) and the events that led him to forming this new team, I suppose it only makes sense that'd become a little...unhinged and start to relapse. But...I don't know. I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I just...kinda want this run to end. Damian's my favorite Robin. Titans is my favorite Superhero team. The thought of him having his own team of Titans was a dream come true....at first. Then the first run ended up being pretty good in some places but needed A LOT of improvement in others, while this current run...I just feel has never made it past being "okay" at best.

Due mostly in part to how erratic Damian has been as a character, as of late. Outside of when he's written by Tomasi (who pretty much made the character everything he is after Morrison) or King, he hasn't really felt....right for a good chunk of the past two or three years. Which, I guess is understandable. Between his relationship with Bruce deteriorating (again) and the events that led him to forming this new team, I suppose it only makes sense that'd become a little...unhinged and start to relapse. But...I don't know. I'm just not feeling it anymore.
    Aside from Tomasi, King, Percy, Priest and Glass what other Damian have you read in the last 2 to 3 years? like what did you think of Moreci's or Esposito, Jurgens, the Damian in the Damian/Grundy story below and his other outings?

This new TT is a team I really like and want for the long run but Glass isn't very clear in conveying exactly where thing's are going. Damian has indeed being very erratic. It feels like the writer doesn't have a clear picture of where the story is headed. There's lot's of plot holes.

It doesn't exactly convey Damian going down a dark path or losing faith in his fathers methods when he's using the same methods he's dad has been using for ages now. I mean the secret prison thing. We've seen Hush and Joker in Batman's secret Jail so that's just a bat staple.

Having Alfred make a huge speech about Damian doing the same thing we just read his father do in his title and alfred give no fucks undermines his pious speech.

I'm still waiting for Damian to cross the line [the bomb could have been that moment but it wasn't set up enough to be believable] maybe this Terminus Agenda is that arc where he finally crosses the line.

The only arc's that have me really hooked are Djinn and Crush, Crush and her Dad, Damian and Deathstroke [though not in relation to the team but in the Priest penned portion of this crossover]
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Incredible Member

The current team roster will not last. The only current members that will def stick will most likely be Robin and Wallace. Maybe Emiko if Ian doesn't mess things up with her.

The current team roster will not last. The only current members that will def stick will most likely be Robin and Wallace. Maybe Emiko if Ian doesn't mess things up with her.
    Competition is tough in comics sadly.
    I really like this team but I also really like Maya, Colin [who's coming back in Once Upon a Crime Yay!] Jackson and Maps.

Damian's other generation of heroes and pals. A new TT? Honestly I hope we don't lose this new team. As much as I adore maya and co I'm not sure i want them cursed with the TT.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Competition is tough in comics sadly.
    I really like this team but I also really like Maya, Colin [who's coming back in Once Upon a Crime Yay!] Jackson and Maps.

Damian's other generation of heroes and pals. A new TT? Honestly I hope we don't lose this new team. As much as I adore maya and co I'm not sure i want them cursed with the TT.
    Honestly? Damian should create a new team with Wally, Emiko, Jon and Maya that isn't called TT. Idc for Djinn,Roundhouse or Crush but if they come through that's chill too. Every other gen has their own team name: Justice League, Titans(Teen Titans), Outlaws, Young Justice. Damian's gen should have their own name and identity.

To be honest, I actually forgot about this thing with Grundy, which I actually did enjoy. You pretty much named the main writers I've taken issue with: Percy, Priest and Glass. Of the ones who've written Damian's most notable appearances since Rebirth began, it's mainly those three that I'm not overly fond of. I just...don't like this direction Damian's been going in when he was doing SO WELL before. It was like coming back from the dead changed him for the better. His relationship with Bruce was at an all time high, he was starting to humble himself while not totally changing who he is at his core, he was starting to acknowledge other members of family besides Dick, he had an AMAZING solo series chronicling his path to redemption and giving him some sort of closure with Talia. Just...as a character, he was in a VERY good place.

Then Rebirth happened and it just sorta felt like he was starting to develop in reverse. We were back to him and Bruce being on rocky terms. His first run with the Titans went back and forth between him being okay for the most part and then things were starting to feel off with him as it progressed (I love the idea of him being on the Titans but him as the leader was always a terrible idea). We had that bullshit paternity arc with Deathstroke (let's be real, did anyone belive for a second that he was Slade's son). His favorite brother is an amnesiac and he doesn't at all seem to care (assuming anyone told him. And if they didn't, that's another problem right there) He's now headlining a Titans series where half the team are either insufferable or uninteresting (I need Djinn and Crush to survive this series. They have been the only consistently good parts). And now they keep foreshadowing how he's going down this "dark path" and "crossing lines that even Jason wouldn't cross" to the point where he doesn't seem to even give a damn that Alfred, of all people, compared him to Ra's Al Ghul. It's all just...getting a little out of hand now. Especially when he was at his highest point, not too long ago.

Nowadays, Super Sons really feels like the only series where Damian consistently remembers his own journey as a character. I've seen hints of the old Damian in both runs of Teen Titans, but I'm still just not a fan of how he's been portrayed as of late. And speaking of Titans...TWICE, he's brought together his own team of heroes and not once did he consider recruiting Maya. That's another big strike, right there.

Honestly? Damian should create a new team with Wally, Emiko, Jon and Maya that isn't called TT. Idc for Djinn,Roundhouse or Crush but if they come through that's chill too. Every other gen has their own team name: Justice League, Titans(Teen Titans), Outlaws, Young Justice. Damian's gen should have their own name and identity.
    Jon and Maya, definitely yes. I don't care for Emiko and have always found her to be DC's sad attempt at giving Ollie his own version of both Cassandra and Damian, but I'd be fine with her sticking around. Wallace on the other hand? No. He needs to go. No matter what team or book he's in, he contributes absolutely nothing. If Damian ever gets another team, Wallace's spot needs to go to Djinn or Crush.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-20-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    To be honest, I actually forgot about this thing with Grundy, which I actually did enjoy. You pretty much named the main writers I've taken issue with: Percy, Priest and Glass. Of the ones who've written Damian's most notable appearances since Rebirth began, it's mainly those three that I'm not overly fond of. I just...don't like this direction Damian's been going in when he was doing SO WELL before. It was like coming back from the dead changed him for the better. His relationship with Bruce was at an all time high, he was starting to humble himself while not totally changing who he is at his core, he was starting to acknowledge other members of family besides Dick, he had an AMAZING solo series chronicling his path to redemption and giving him some sort of closure with Talia. Just...as a character, he was in a VERY good place.

Then Rebirth happened and it just sorta felt like he was starting to develop in reverse. We were back to him and Bruce being on rocky terms. His first run with the Titans went back and forth between him being okay for the most part and then things were starting to feel off with him as it progressed (I love the idea of him being on the Titans but him as the leader was always a terrible idea). We had that bullshit paternity arc with Deathstroke (let's be real, did anyone belive for a second that he was Slade's son). His favorite brother is an amnesiac and he doesn't at all seem to care (assuming anyone told him. And if they didn't, that's another problem right there) He's now headlining a Titans series where half the team are either insufferable or uninteresting (I need Djinn and Crush to survive this series. They have been the only consistently good parts). And now they keep foreshadowing how he's going down this "dark path" and "crossing lines that even Jason wouldn't cross" to the point where he doesn't seem to even give a damn that Alfred, of all people, compared him to Ra's Al Ghul. It's all just...getting a little out of hand now. Especially when he was at his highest point, not too long ago.

Nowadays, Super Sons really feels like the only series where Damian consistently remembers his own journey as a character. I've seen hints of the old Damian in both runs of Teen Titans, but I'm still just not a fan of how he's been portrayed as of late. And speaking of Titans...TWICE, he's brought together his own team of heroes and not once did he consider recruiting Maya. That's another big strike, right there.

Jon and Maya, definitely yes. I don't care for Emiko and have always found her to be DC's sad attempt at giving Ollie his own version of both Cassandra and Damian, but I'd be fine with her sticking around. Wallace on the other hand? No. He needs to go. No matter what team or book he's in, he contributes absolutely nothing. If Damian ever gets another team, Wallace's spot needs to go to Djinn or Crush.
    pretty much most of the stuff you mention have nothing to do with Damian developing in reverse.

The personality of his new team
    The DNA arc
    The writers ignoring what's going on in other titles:

Alfred saying Damian was acting like Bruce when Glass has had him repeat beat for beat thing Bruce and Alfred are currently doing in his own title / ignoring the Nightwing situation. Those are bad story telling and continuity issues nothing to do with Damian.

Not bringing Maya isn't him going back since we in the real world know it's not that simple not to mention that Maya was been used in Hamilton. It's not like he suddenly stopped being pals with her.

DC has been foreshadowing that Damian will go evil. Even the title where he gives his life for others foreshadowed him going evil. Aside from Dick that's par for the course for batkids.
    Rebirth he acknowledged other members just as he did prior to rebirth. Agreeing to working with Jason, missing Tim and Duke in Nightwing, missing Tim in TT, being pally with Tim in Tec.

Point is while it's fair to be dissatisfied with those points above they have nothing to do with developing in reverse.

Damian is making a mistake right now. It sucks but I don't mind that. Just like I didn't mind him trying, failing, persevering in Percy's TT. I got so much joy watching him mature and by the time we got to Glass he was using words not kidnap to recruit.

People falter and I like Damian struggling. I want him for make mistakes [not all the time], fail and try to get up. That's interesting.

I just want it to be well written, the reasons to make sense and him not to become a killer.

I'm all for Damian's gen doing something new.

pretty much most of the stuff you mention have nothing to do with Damian developing in reverse.

The personality of his new team
    The DNA arc
    The writers ignoring what's going on in other titles:

Alfred saying Damian was acting like Bruce when Glass has had him repeat beat for beat thing Bruce and Alfred are currently doing in his own title / ignoring the Nightwing situation. Those are bad story telling and continuity issues nothing to do with Damian.
    The DNA thing and me not liking most of his new team were more things he's been involved in that I just don't like. But everything else, yeah, it does make me feel like he's going backwards as far as his development goes. Especially when, as you said, they've been foreshadowing for a while that Damian's gonna end up doing something he can't come back from, if not make an outright whole face-heel turn. If that isn't a backpedal, after everything that happened right before all of this, I don't know what is.

Just...none of what's going on right now feels right, given where's he come as a character up until this point. The only saving grace about it is that nothing he's done has been out of selfishness, like it would have been back when he was first introduced. His intentions are still good, which I am thankful for, but that kinda just makes it feel like we're getting early Damian with the conscience of more recent interpretations. He's doing bad things with the intent to do good...but he's still doing bad things.

IDK, that's just how I see it. Clearly you think different and that's alright. I've also been interested in seeing Damian mature and come into his own like all of the Robins before him...this just was not what I had in mind, at all.

Rebirth he acknowledged other members just as he did prior to rebirth. Agreeing to working with Jason, missing Tim and Duke in Nightwing, missing Tim in TT, being pally with Tim in Tec.
    Hence why I never listed his interaction with the rest of the family in my complaints with him in Rebirth. That and his relationship with Djinn are really the only signs I've seen of him taking steps forward. I like that he and Tim are seeing eye to eye now, and that he and Jason were working together...until recently. I liked his interactions with Selina.

Not bringing Maya isn't him going back since we in the real world know it's not that simple..
    Why isn't it? Like you said, they never suddenly stopped being close. Twice, he needed a team and both times, he went out and recruited people he didn't know and had no experience working with, when there was at least one person out there who should have been his first choice. Hell, given her background and the overall theme of the second group, she'd have been perfect. That's better than being left to collect dust in Hamilton. Like...at least show him consider recruiting her, if not actually trying to.